Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alone Season 3

Makery and Mischief

Default Alone Season 3

Tonight at 8 starts of Alone season three with the making the cut episode and then episode one at 9. So be be sour to tune in to the History channel then and if you don't have the channel you can watch it on there web sight the day after. I cant weight to watch and not just because im in it the other were really cool. This is going to be the best survival show ever aired on tv to date. Patagonia!!!!!

Merry Christmas!!!
    From the trimming to the decorating of the Christmas tree with the slingshot. Link>>>https://youtu.be/x8a1T58p60c
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Zachary Fowler; 12-08-2016 at 07:38 AM.

Banned

Zachary, are you one of the contestants?

I enjoy watching the Alone series, started day 1 episode 1, but I do have a few questions if you were a contestant and don't mind the perspective of one that didn't exactly want to get the experience?

Banned

Man, that takes some kind of fortitude. Since tapping out was the beginning of any survival situation that I was in, I always had the motivation to survive to get back to my family, it has to take some serious will power to know that you could be home with just the push of a button. I can't even imagine how hard it would be not to push the button. That's some kind of willpower. I hope you do well, and I hope that you found the answer to whatever the question was that started you on this quest. Thank You for sharing your experience with us.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Hey! I don't have cable any more. I have to get set up with a code to watch on the computer.

Was the first episode good?

Anyone tap out before they landed on the beach this year?
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Hey! I don't have cable any more. I have to get set up with a code to watch on the computer.

Was the first episode good?

Anyone tap out before they landed on the beach this year?
    1st tap out was at three days instead of the three hours like last year. Interesting so far.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

(FMR) Wilderness Guide pgvoutdoors's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've enjoyed the past shows and I'm looking forward to this season. I know from experience that being absolutely alone can be difficult, but anyone who can't make it for at least a week shouldn't be out there I'm sorry to say. Beside the early dropouts, I find it interesting to follow the contestants behavior leading up to their tap out. This is a challenge of mental endurance first with skills being second, the psychology behind the challenge makes this show different than other survival shows.
    "Just Get Out!"
    WildernessSkillsTrailhead.com

Makery and Mischief

Anyone doesn't have History channel can watch it hear Link >http://www.history.com/shows/alone?&...161210095853:s

Your all welcome to ask me anything I will answer if i can without braking my contract. And of corse after its dun airing i can answers better.

Hi Zachary, thanks so much for this reminder! This is my favorite show and I would have missed it. Congrats on being selected to be on the show! I look forward to watching and supporting you.
    God bless,
    Val

I've never seen an episode. I generally steer clear of survival shows, my one exception being Survivorman. Sounds like its a pretty good show?
    There ain't too many problems you can't fix with $500 or a 30-06.

Him-"Whats the best knife for survival?"
    Me-"the one that's in your pocket."
    Him-"I don't have one in my pocket."
    Me-"Exactly."

Banned

Survivorman is getting "a little long in the tooth", while Alone borrows freely from many of Survivorman's filming concepts. You won't confuse Alone with instructional survival shows like Dual Survivor. Not to mention that it's nothing like Bear's reenactments. Alone isn't actually a survival show, the contestants are attempting to evade rescue for as long as possible. So it's more like an improving the wilderness site you are dropped into and endurance setting. I would consider it more of a bushcraft monitoring adventure, (See which candidates perform/endure best) than an actual survive to be rescued show. But it is definitely entertaining, and well worth the time watching. JMHO.

I shall have to check it out.
    There ain't too many problems you can't fix with $500 or a 30-06.

Him-"Whats the best knife for survival?"
    Me-"the one that's in your pocket."
    Him-"I don't have one in my pocket."
    Me-"Exactly."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by alaskabushman View Post
    I shall have to check it out.
    I'll give it my strongest recommendation alaskabushman. It ranks up there with Curse of Oak Island, Hunting Hitler, and just because I'm curious The Selection which airs after Alone on the History channel. Or, if Y'all get bored, you could tune in to the Treasure Quest snake island episodes. Opps, that's a Discovery Channel item since the excursions of the White Shark Tagging Ocean Craft haven't been aired show.....................
    Last edited by M118LR; 12-11-2016 at 11:47 PM.

Y'all need to check out "Mysteries at the Museum" Travel channel ...and "What on Earth"...forget the channel.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Y'all need to check out "Mysteries at the Museum" Travel channel ...and "What on Earth"...forget the channel.
    That's like the I've watched everything else until I'm bored with cable network, like the "B" Westerns hunter63. It's about the folks that have to much time on thier hands to watch TV. Hope Y'all return to the land of the able bodied quickly. But Y'all need to spend some time on the couch if the Doc say's that is the way it should be. You worked for it, now serve it silently! JMHO. Ha Ha!!!!!!!!!

following the thread and the show

Makery and Mischief

ya i liked Curse on oak island as well but without cable i haven't been able to watch much tv at all. Walking dead was my favorite till the end of last season. I got sick of them walking into early avoided situations. And it trove me nuts when ever someone was bit they all stood there and watch the dyeing guy with there backs to the next zombie that would inevitably come up on them and get one more of them. Id have permeant whiplash from my head spinning right and left like an owl on crack .

Hey Zach, or apparently you are "Fowler", saw the first episode and liked it. I saw your intro, and tool selection as well. I think you made a great choice with the saw. I don't know about the shovel though, I consider it more of a nice to have thing. Of course, I don't think it a bad choice. A bad choice would be ditching the ax and then bringing a saw that looks like it will break.

My wife even liked the first episode. She was screaming a the monitor when the first guy tapped, and then she was freaking out when you saw the "eyes". I would say that although I have never met you, you seem very "fun loving". You have a very positive personality. Looking forward to seeing how far you go.

I haven't watched all the 10 item videos yet, but so far no one picked pemican as their food ration. Did I miss one? To me, pemican is the best option. You get the most bang for your 5lb "buck" as far as calories and nutrition go.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Makery and Mischief

Quote Originally Posted by finallyME View Post
    Hey Zach, or apparently you are "Fowler", saw the first episode and liked it. I saw your intro, and tool selection as well. I think you made a great choice with the saw. I don't know about the shovel though, I consider it more of a nice to have thing. Of course, I don't think it a bad choice. A bad choice would be ditching the ax and then bringing a saw that looks like it will break.

My wife even liked the first episode. She was screaming a the monitor when the first guy tapped, and then she was freaking out when you saw the "eyes". I would say that although I have never met you, you seem very "fun loving". You have a very positive personality. Looking forward to seeing how far you go.

I haven't watched all the 10 item videos yet, but so far no one picked pemican as their food ration. Did I miss one? To me, pemican is the best option. You get the most bang for your 5lb "buck" as far as calories and nutrition go.
    Thanks for watching. Ya a couple people had pemican. I think if you watch Callie's she had 2 pemican rations.

Yep. I see it again. He** is coming for these people, and they're not even trying to get ready for it. They're gonna be effed.
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails.

- William Arthur Ward