Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lighters- Which sort?

Quote Originally Posted by M118LR View Post
    Damn, I never experienced Don Shipley being one of the reserves that we would call to the forefront if things went bad when the boys I guided into trouble needed a helping hand. But Y'all poke the Old Frog as much as Ya like. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F73TrMcdaCk

My gosh, name dropping and all Y'all know. So let's try hand picked by Marcinko for the Black Squadron, and never a member of a SEAL TEAM or even qualified as a NEC 5326. So since you haven't, but yet you think your qualified to judge, now how many of Y'all "Know it All's" have an invitation to the next Naval Special Warfare Association gathering?

So I'd like to hear more of Y'all's experiences, but I'd rather hear from those of Y'all that "Have Been There and Done That, wearing the Tee Shirt" than from those of Y'all that never even dared to attempt the experience and would blindly cast dispersion's on those that didn't ring the bell. Rant Over, we can pass class numbers on a more secure network if I ruffled your feathers.
    My comments were about Don Shipley, not you. Contrary to how you may feel, not every comment about the military is about you. There - now my rant is over.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Man. Talk about getting feathers ruffled. Perhaps a nice hot bath and some cocoa would help. Group hug?

Banned

Perhaps it is best to move the stolen valor poser conversation/debate to a different thread. I started Inky Darkness, so that's perhaps a better spot.
    Last edited by M118LR; 12-02-2016 at 01:31 PM.

Zippo with a BIC backup! The Zippo works a lot better in the wind!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    That's precisely the way I look at it and have practiced for many, many years. That is why I posted the picture of how I "run" my Zippo.

As they say, "Lot's of ways to skin a cat." The Zippo and Bic are my ways.

S.M.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to gain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790),U.S. statesman, scientist, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Quote Originally Posted by Seniorman View Post
    As they say, "Lot's of ways to skin a cat." The Zippo and Bic are my ways.

S.M.
    Yeah, but that burnt hair smell is atrocious!
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    My choice also. Stay away from the peanut lighter, tiny and cute but worthless outside, will not work with the mildest breeze.

Quote Originally Posted by natertot View Post
    Yeah, but that burnt hair smell is atrocious!
    Then quit blowing on your BIC, and your hair wont get burnt!

One brand of lighter I have heard of is a French brand called Djeep. It has good reviews but I have not seen any locally. Do people know about these?

Senior Member Pennsylvania Mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Faiaoga View Post
    One brand of lighter I have heard of is a French brand called Djeep. It has good reviews but I have not seen any locally. Do people know about these?
    Yes I do, I had one and it was the best lighter I ever owned, but like everything else, you buy one use it for a while and then they are gone forever, well for a while, then I did a search on them and found them at Amazon but for the priced they are asking you can buy a whole lot of Bic lighters at Walmart and who knows the new Djeep may be Chinese copies.