Thread: Whats up y'all?

Default Whats up y'all?

Thought I would say hi.
    I am 35 well 36 in a couple weeks and male. I live in a small town in SC. Grew up in Georgetown County so the woods and the water is my second home.

I work as a Maintenance Tech at a local plastics recycling company. I taught elementary math and science for 5 years before starting this life path. I loved working with the kids but the lack of money and dealing with the adults made was a little more then I could take.

I dont have and actual training per say other then first aid and CPR. But I did grow up hunting and fishing so I know guns woods and water pretty well. When I was in high school we would camp the first week of duck season so it would just be us kids camping on the river for about a week, and I still hunt and fish as much as possible so I am in the woods and on the water on a pretty regular basis.

I would consider myself an intermediate level. There is still a lot that I want to learn.

As for preparedness planning i am still at the beginning stage. I should have started years ago but I took things for granted.
    I love hunting, fishing, canning my own foods and learning the old ways of doing things. You never know when you will have to use them again.

My objectives here is to learn all that I can and occasionally if i have something relevant to add I will toss it in.

Hunter63 saying Hey and Welcome....From Wisconsin.
    Great intro.....
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Welcome home.

Senior Member Pennsylvania Mike's Avatar

Hello and welcome from Pennsylvania.

Welcome wolfy

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Hello Wolf,

Reading your intro gave me a chuckle.

If you have been hunting, fishing and camping most of your life, and you have the gear to enjoy that, you are probably more "prepared" than 99% of the computer preppers on any forum.

Us guys here spend a lot more time hunting, fishing and camping than we do "surviving", which is something we try to avoid.

BTW I was a 35 year teacher and know your pain. You probably made the right move there. It is really difficult for an outdoorsman to fit in with that bunch.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Hello and welcome.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Welcome from Alaska. Yep, started off as a high school English teacher but the politics drove me crazy.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Hi and welcome to our Wilderness survival forums! You have joined the best forum ever created. We have the smartest people here....... they know everything! And after you have 1000 posts, we will give you a special Wilderness name that fits your personality! After your 1000th post you will be an honorary member of our secret inner sanctum. Can't tell you much about it because it's a secret!

Welcome!!!!!
    "I enjoy surviving." Yes, well I certainly hope so as the other side of that is "DEATH!"
    Sarge47