Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Proud to finally say catch me in History's newest season of Alone

Makery and Mischief

LOL Wheres the Jumping to conclusions mat when you need it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zachary Fowler View Post
    LOL Wheres the Jumping to conclusions mat when you need it!!
    Don't try to throw me off Flowler, it's not going to work. My money is on you. By the way, that shovel is a fantastic idea. I also like the slingshot too, hope to see it in action.

PS: You have a very lovely family.

Makery and Mischief

You guys see episode three. Winter shelters are starting to go up. Callie's custom tarp seems to be paying of nice to have all that light in a shelter and that hearth is looking good. Did anybudy notice how Dan called out mike from season to with his im not going to wasting calories making sinks and tables comment. His survival technique is to conserve calories. Of corse then they show me making my Swiss family Robinson pathway up the hill in complete opposition to dan's theory on survival.

You guys see episode three. Winter shelters are starting to go up. Callie's custom tarp seems to be paying of nice to have all that light in a shelter and that hearth is looking good. Did anybudy notice how Dan called out mike from season to with his im not going to wasting calories making sinks and tables comment. His survival technique is to conserve calories. Of corse then they show me making my Swiss family Robinson pathway up the hill in complete opposition to dan's theory on survival.
    Dan has the same mentality as Larry from last season, focus entirely on the prize money and have a negative attitude. He's strategy of conserving energy will help him in the short term but doing nothing for long hours will eventually drive him crazy. I think he'll end up like Larry and have a mental breakdown at some point.

Makery and Mischief

I never thought about it like that. Getting board and lonely out they tends to send people home before survival fails.

Your Duck Hunter is awesome, Fowler. Your ingenuity is impressive. Looking forward to seeing you build more stuff. That's what I like to see in the show, more crafts and skill being display rather than just depressive drama.

The "Duck Hunter". I LMAO watching that construction. You proved me wrong big man. Love your attitude.

Makery and Mischief

Thanks guys Ya i kind of take the opposite approach to survival that most people do. Conserving calories is less important to me then keeping busy at trying to acquire more food and comfort. hear is a link to an article with a pic of the duckhunter 3000s paddle wheelhttp://www.penbaypilot.com/article/alone-week-4-zach-fashions-duck-hunter-3000-out-driftwood/80460 I brought it home as a keepsake.

Thanks guys Ya i kind of take the opposite approach to survival that most people do. Conserving calories is less important to me then keeping busy at trying to acquire more food and comfort. hear is a link to an article with a pic of the duckhunter 3000s paddle wheelhttp://www.penbaypilot.com/article/alone-week-4-zach-fashions-duck-hunter-3000-out-driftwood/80460 I brought it home as a keepsake.
    I think it's a decent approach, keeping the mind occupied seems to me to be the best for longer term... conserving calories only gets you a short while, then the loneliness and boredom gets in...
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

I like your approach. Keep busing and focusing on acquiring more food is definitely the way to win. It is great that so many made it pass 30 days. I do notice you seem to be able to keep yourself very clean while others look so raggedy.

I saw that duckinator and thought to myself "this dude is losing it", but after seeing the finished product I started to think it was pretty innovative. Don't know if it ever successfully scored you any water foul, but it seemed like a fun project nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Antonyraison View Post
    I think it's a decent approach, keeping the mind occupied seems to me to be the best for longer term... conserving calories only gets you a short while, then the loneliness and boredom gets in...
    That would be my approach as well. I simply couldn't sit there doing nothing, letting my mind wander. I would have to stay busy.

Hey Fowler, did you notice how the producers contrast your approach with Dan's approach on episode 5? You guys are basically opposites. Although I dislike Dan's approach and attitude, it makes the show very interesting to see the two of you competing with opposite approach. Did you give your daughter that wooden rabbit you carved?

Makery and Mischief

No yet she hasent seen the the episode and she is 5 so she liked it but im going to hold on to it for her for now. and ya they are really playing up the contrast betwen me and dan. People have even been writing articals. Link >https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...4ThZfRwNk9Lh0A

Called it! See, my instinct is sharp

Quote Originally Posted by kaze View Post
    Called it! See, my instinct is sharp
    Yeah, you did...don't break your arm patting your self on the back.....LOL
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Yeah, you did...don't break your arm patting your self on the back.....LOL
    As a bushcrafter, I just use my axe to pat myself on the back.

Anyone hear ever thinks of applying to Alone let me know and ill give you some pointers that might help you get noticed. I was told that over 50,000 people applied to the show!!!!!
    Can a non US citizen apply?

I would really wonder how I would fare....
    I'm a Gramp who is not computer savvy, give me a slab and the rock ages tablet..I will do fine!

By the way, can someone tell me what show this is? I think I watched one on cable, showing some guy in Patagonia and a few miles away, a girl was doing the same thing by the sea or lake...I just didn't watch long enough..
    I'm a Gramp who is not computer savvy, give me a slab and the rock ages tablet..I will do fine!

The show is called Alone. This was season 3.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel