Thread: Some help for the New guy please

Default Some help for the New guy please

Im vaccuum packing food for a survival situtaion. And i have a question. I want to Vac pac some flour and want to know how to make some bread if i have no acess to Milk or Eggs since those are perishable.
    Do you have any recepies for my situation.

Dried milk and powdered eggs. Why not pack it over to the Introductions section and tells us a bit about yourself?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

yeast and water, little salt and some flour. no perishables required. olskool french bread.
    If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    Samuel Adams
    Dogs are not my whole life, but they make my life whole.

Or make some hard tack. There's a recipe on here for it. Or Navajo Fry Bread that's all dry ingredients, too.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Or just buy Sailor Boy Pilot Bread.

Or Brown bread in a "CAN"

Quote Originally Posted by hopeak View Post
    Or just buy Sailor Boy Pilot Bread.

Or Brown bread in a "CAN"
    You know Pilot Bread isn't easily found in the lower 48. It's standard issue in AK, but rare down here in Montana
    The way of the canoe is the way of the wilderness and of a freedom almost forgotten- Sigurd Olson

Give me winter, give me dogs... you can keep the rest- Knud Rasmussen

most bread dosent require an egg or milk just fold the dough alot and make shure u dont burn it ive made buiscuits/frybread/pancackes all with just yeast flour and water
    or you could buy that self-rising flour

Blog Entries

Bisquick. Wonderful stuff.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Quote Originally Posted by warman87 View Post
    most bread dosent require an egg or milk just fold the dough alot and make shure u dont burn it ive made buiscuits/frybread/pancackes all with just yeast flour and water
    or you could buy that self-rising flour
    Self rising flour isn't a substitute for yeast. It simply has baking powder and baking soda added in. I forget the exact measurments, but if you have all purpose flour you can make self-rising by adding those two ingredients. There's also different gluten levels to the flour, so while the recipe may call for self-rising and you make it with all purpose, don't expect it to have the same texture, and cake flour will definitley **** it up. Bread flour is the best to buy if you are going to be making bread with it, but all purpose is a good all around flour to stock. Bread flour also goes rancid faster. But there are tons of baking sites that can provide you a discourse on the different flour types, their uses, and shelf life.
    If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    Samuel Adams
    Dogs are not my whole life, but they make my life whole.

There's recipes on here for bannock and fry bread.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"