Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Police concerned with AR-15 gun kits

and this is why elections are important. Bruce Rauner is your current IL governor and is a Republican incumbent. What is his voting record/position on gun rights? This site lists "no issued stance recorded" http://www.ontheissues.org/Bruce_Rauner.htm

Your House of Representatives this year, held 10 of 18 seats. WHY? https://ballotpedia.org/United_State...Illinois,_2016

Not only that, you have mostly Democrat Judges, all voted into their seats: https://ballotpedia.org/Illinois_jud...lections,_2016

WHYYYYYY???

If IL is 'that' much of a people-pro-gun state as you imply, why are the citizens electing/re-electing democrats or moderates who destroy those Rights? The People need to be more proactive in reversing your laws by threatening to politic against anti-gun politicians. That means you, your gun clubs and every single pro-gun voter need to start banding together as if WROL came to pass. You can only effect change by fighting the establishment. You need to be stronger and louder than any opposing force and that means information drives, campaign volunteering, injunctions or nullification of unconstitutional laws. Appeal to NRA/ILA and GOA for guidance or support.

As I look at IL history of legislators, there's a lot of 'back and forth' between the parties...mostly left-leaning but still enough to effect change IF YOU WANT IT.

WHY do you [IL citizens] let one city [Chicago] dictate what the ENTIRE state does? That's tantamount to allowing Killadelphia dictate what goes on here in all of PA. Bulllllllllll****.........and you saw that this election. Link to an image of PA's voting 2016:

http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/content/w...13_630x354.jpg

Since 1977, PA has only gone red 4 times INCLUDING 2016: http://www.270towin.com/states/Pennsylvania

We get tired of the bull**** too and effect the changes needed...like Killadelphia. Killy has a long standing record for violating Constitutional and Civil Rights. According to State Law, applications for a CCW must go through the the Police Chief because it's a class 1 city. The police chief and department alike are predominantly Democrat....and either drag their feet for months of simply refuse to process the applications. Law suits emerged, to include one about the city posting applicant information publicly

http://www.guns.com/2014/07/23/phila...nfo-leak-suit/

....all of which contributed to the prompting of our Act 192 [2014 State preemption law that also happened to be struck down on technical merit, but permitted to be amended and resubmitted]...from our heavily Democrat Judicial Branch. Still...the Judges saw the Act as not-frivolous, recognized the Constitutionality of the proposed Law but voted against it due to the way in which it was proposed. It was piggybacked onto another bill that was completely unrelated [also known as Pork] and the ruling was based on the protest of that alone.

After that long diatribe, the point of this is simple.....to effect change you have to do something about it, more so than getting into an on-line argument on a [police] forum/email battle. Facts are a PITA to knee-jerk reactionaries and you have to keep repeating them so that the unconcerned and uninvolved perk up and listen. Provide evidence that directly and decisively contradicts the law or their claims. DOJ statistics are one great source for those.......but you have to MOTIVATE people to act accordingly.
    "But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government."

~~Declaration of Independence

Because Illinois is and has always been a blue state. The Chicago machinery runs the state. They do and have always called the shots. No one ever crosses Chicago. I'll stop there. It used to drive me mad that I would pay taxes only to watch the money go to Cook County for some new project while my end of the state heard nothing but crickets and shuttered buildings. The best view I have ever had of Illinois was in my rear view mirror when I moved here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Because Illinois is and has always been a blue state. The Chicago machinery runs the state. They do and have always called the shots. No one ever crosses Chicago. I'll stop there. It used to drive me mad that I would pay taxes only to watch the money go to Cook County for some new project while my end of the state heard nothing but crickets and shuttered buildings. The best view I have ever had of Illinois was in my rear view mirror when I moved here.
    You pretty much proved my point. Instead of fighting for your Rights, you opted to move and save yourself the trouble. I'm not condemning this, nor am I attacking you personally but it proves what I've said.

While you had it within you to leave the state behind, others don't have that choice. Those that have to stay are left with two choices...
    1. They say "screw it" and cave, letting once city run right over the citizens of that state; or
    2. Do as I say, get involved and change the opinions of those dooming them to fight that fight. Get the voters minds on track and have them vote accordingly.

You took a 3rd option that isn't available to everyone.

...but unless they do it, nothing will change and they've got no one to blame but themselves.
    Last edited by druid; 11-16-2016 at 10:16 PM.
    "But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government."

Tool & Die Maker

You folks are 100% correct, I'm paranoid over gun control. I'm in Florida now, on a hog hunt, and I'm appalled at the change in attitude
    over guns here compared to Illinois. For example, I was walking through my leased property looking for a spot to set up my tree stand.
    A local guy stopped to see if I needed help with anything, he was mostly nosey, he mentioned he was also a hog hunter and gun builder.
    Next thing I know he is pulling awesome rifles out of his truck to show me then I got out my AR-15, we were instant buddies.

Being from Illinois I'm afraid for anyone to see my AR-15 so I keep it cased until I reach the tree stand. I don't tell anyone I'm hunting with
    the AR-15, I tell them I have a rifled slug which I also have in Florida. If someone in Illinois saw that AR-15 out of the case the police would be called instantly.

I hunted hog last year for 10 weeks in Florida and fully expected a visit from the local sheriff or DNR officer or taunting from the local people.
    Instead, nothing happened, never saw a police car while hunting and I made friends with all the locals.

I live 60 miles West of Chicago, or 50 minutes from O'Hare airport. It is a different world there from Florida. My wife is only recently
    comfortable with me conceal carrying in Florida because she is finding out most people are carrying and why.

And yes, I have contacted all of my state representative on the stupid ammo serializing and they all say they are against it.

And yes, I'm a NRA member

Comments have been vary interesting.

I need to leave Illinois

Come on over, Jim. Always room for one more. Coffee's hot, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Come on over, Jim. Always room for one more. Coffee's hot, too.
    Of course if he were to go one more state, he'd notice the coffee is hot and so are the girls.......
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

PA is relatively gun friendly as well. It's open carry without a license or CCW by permit........and a prettier State than FLA [just my opinion]. You cannot beat our mountain scenery with a broken clam shell, rough *** beach [St. Pete's Beach] or swamps...or gators....or freaking palmetto or love bugs [gigantic roaches or bugs that explode on your car and eat the paint]. Skeeters and ticks is about it. Just sayin' [little bit of State pride here].

If you like woods/mountains, mid-state or west.....or extreme North East [above the Pocono mountains] but going to the NE is like going to a little NY, tucked in the mountains.