Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chiappa Firearms

Default Chiappa Firearms

this is an interesting setup , i would like to have one of these.

http://chiappafirearms.com/products/163

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

$657 !!!

I don't think so!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

cough cough

It may "fire" eight calibers, but I wonder how well?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I'll pass as well.....I looked at them....but everyone I hear that tried the adaptors ....granted not this one...but several others out there...and weren't very accurate.

You will notice that they are all pistol calibers, as well.

I'll stick with the H&R Handi rifles or Rossi with a 3 barrel set...should be able to still get a shotgun, .22 and high powered rifle.....for 1/2 the money.

PS if you still want adaptors ....check this out....
    http://www.gunadapters.com/

Scavenger set $139....for 12 ga or 20ga......add your SS H&R $100 buck shotgun.
    Last edited by hunter63; 11-09-2016 at 06:36 PM.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    It may "fire" eight calibers, but I wonder how well?
    I had the chance to fire one in 5 different caliber/ gauges. Not something I'd want as a long range shooter but not the worse for accuracy. the .22 was decent out to around 75 yards with a 2 inch grouping with 10 shots. the shotgun inserts were okay but with the short barrel the spread was wider than I care for. Beyond 20 yards the spread was pretty much to wide to be useful. in between I'd rate overall I'd rate them about a 6 out of 10. Agree the price is high, even more so when you start adding up the costs of the various adapters. The one I test fire belongs to a buddy that had over a grand invested when all was said and done.
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

Good idea that has been poorly executed lacking decent value for the consumer. Imo
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

At some point I'd figure that by the time you carry around either extra barrels or adaptors...you'd just have 2 or 3 or 4 whole guns, what with the sacrifice anyway in engineering (accuracy) and whatever else is different in operation for one versus the other. Moreover I'd figure that a person would zero-in on a small number of calibers/gauges that does everything they need most of the time instead of having more than is usually necessary, so you just have a few with you anyway instead of a closet full of options. And finally, you end up with a kind of all-eggs-in-one-basket situation, wherein if this fails, then you have no gun at all as opposed to being able to whip another out.
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails.

- William Arthur Ward

If you are going to whip another one out they make one just for that.

The whippet rifle.

https://www.google.com/search?q=whip...8QsAQIQQ&dpr=1

I think I would prefer the three gun, four gun of five gun option over the one gun with a bunch of gadgets too.

It's the reason I own two cars. If one breaks down I still have the other to go hunt for repair parts, drive while the broken one is in the shop, or just drive while saving up for the big repair.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 11-12-2016 at 01:09 AM.

It's morning so I a doing a separate post.

I was sitting around munching on hash browns and scrambled eggs and started wondering,"Just what can I get for $657 that is versatile and durable?"

So I took a trip through the computer listings at Buuuds Gun Shop to see what I could come up with that was under the $657 cap and would be adequate for my area where deer are the biggest critters I can put in a skillet and self defense a side issue.

I also wanted to stay with firearms I knew and have used or owned in the past or present.

First I came up with was a Rossi Matched pair in .22/.410. Cost $160 (not much more than a cheap ss shotgun). An excellent small game foraging system that can be used by everyone from 5-100 years old. (I am throwing this one in as a concession for those that still use .22lr as a primary noise maker)

Second was another Rossi Matched Pair, this one in .243/12ga. It could be any centerfire rifle caliber, your choice. Or you could opt for a 20 ga shotgun barrel. I am flexible on this. Cost $270 +-.

At this point you have almost all the foraging/hunting bases covered. You also have set yourself up with ammo that is easily sourced and if you are into the gadgets you can still use all those inserts in the 12ga/20ga barrel if they make you giggle.

And you still have $227 left over! What to do, what to do?

Well, you could take your $227 and buy a Pardner Pump shotgun and still have enough money left for a 100 pack of 12ga shells, a box of .410 and a bulk pack of .22lr. That is an option.

Or if you feel completely naked without a handgun you could buy one of the Rough Rider .22lr/.22mag single action pistols from Heritage Arms. Cost $145.

Or if you were like me and don't give a crap about .22 rimfires in any trim you could go with the Rossi matched pair in .308/20, then buy the Pardner Pump/Maverick 88 and spend the remaining $200 on whatever pistol comes to hand, HiPoint, Cobra or whatever. You are not going to be shooting the pistol much anyway.

Not going to be shooting any of them very much for that matter. Hunting use starts when you pull the trigger and stops when you pick up a dead animal. That should equal to one shot every day or two and not the massive amounts of ammo we dream of shooting on range day.

Many of us grew up being sent out with two shells and we were expected to bring home supper and have one shell left.

And each of these firearms and barrel combinations is specifically engineered to fire what you are shooting out of it! They have sights, beads, scope mounts and all kinds of accuracy aids.

And you also have one gun to carry and one to leave at the house for domestic emergencies.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 11-12-2016 at 01:07 PM.

Here's me.
    AR 15
    lcp
    family complete.

You are about $2k over the price cap Max!

In 2005 $700 bucks got you a H&R Handi rifle and 10 barrels.
    45/75
    410/45lc
    28 ga
    20 ga
    20 ga rifled slug bull barrel
    16 ga
    12 ga
    .50 cal in line ML.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    If you are going to whip another one out they make one just for that.

The whippet rifle.

https://www.google.com/search?q=whip...8QsAQIQQ&dpr=1

I think I would prefer the three gun, four gun of five gun option over the one gun with a bunch of gadgets too.

It's the reason I own two cars. If one breaks down I still have the other to go hunt for repair parts, drive while the broken one is in the shop, or just drive while saving up for the big repair.

Kyra I agree. Would Love to have either of the 3. But a starting price of 5k ( for the ones I've seen) to over 225k. Way outta my Budget. Now if I had Rick's kinda money...............
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

Quote Originally Posted by oldsoldier View Post
    Kyra I agree. Would Love to have either of the 3. But a starting price of 5k ( for the ones I've seen) to over 225k. Way outta my Budget. Now if I had Rick's kinda money...............
    That's easy. Rick just uses a color printer and a google image search......
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    So I took a trip through the computer listings at Buuuds Gun Shop to see what I could come up with that was under the $657 cap and would be adequate for my area where deer are the biggest critters I can put in a skillet and self defense a side issue.

I also wanted to stay with firearms I knew and have used or owned in the past or present.

First I came up with was a Rossi Matched pair in .22/.410. Cost $160 (not much more than a cheap ss shotgun). An excellent small game foraging system that can be used by everyone from 5-100 years old. (I am throwing this one in as a concession for those that still use .22lr as a primary noise maker)
    out of stock. I think Rossi is not making the .22/.410 youth anymore. My local shop still has a youth .410. I will try and get it this weekend.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

FM, Buuuds still has the .410/.22lr youth model in stock. It's pink but it still shoots.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...ga22LR+18.5%22

They also have a .243/12ga set for $270.

Rossi has dropped a lot of their offerings since they were bought out by Taurus. What is left has gone crazy expensive.

If you purchase just the .410 you can buy .22lr barrels to fit the youth frame on E-bay for $50-$75.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 11-14-2016 at 01:08 PM.

That is what spray paint is for.

I would rather buy from the local shop though. It is just easier. Plus, I am supporting a local shop. I have to wait for the paycheck on Friday.
    Last edited by finallyME; 11-14-2016 at 01:14 PM.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

I bought the ATI M4 type stock for my Rossi guns. The stock removes the worry of adjustment between youth models and adult models. Also lets them collapse about 6" for easier transport, especially the short barreled youth models.

https://www.atigunstocks.com/shotguns/rossi/stocks

Don't they make some fun cowboy gun stuff?