Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Multi use Items 101 class is in

Ahh. Young Ensign or Second Lt......can you say GITMO.
    Last edited by crashdive123; 05-15-2008 at 09:04 PM.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Young officers are like the hole under an outhouse.
    1. If it's in your kit and you don't know how to use it....It's useless.
    2. If you can't reach your kit when you need it....Its useless.

Alaska Backcountry Adventure Tours
    www.youralaskavacation.com
    Tell them Kevin sent you!!

great, so i've got that to look forward too!

It beats fasting.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

i'm pretty sure just about anything beats fasting

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I think the dried stuff in urine is urea, which is made from ammonia within the body.
    Hey Rick,
    Are you saying urea is explosive? I thought urea was unstable, and quickly converted to ammonia. Ever been in an outhouse in the summer? That's ammonia you smell, my friend. Along with some other wonderful gasses.

During the American Rev. War the farmers were directed to collect saltpeter for black powder in the following manner: pile animal and human urine, along with ruminant feces into pits or large barrels. Keep adding urine which will wash out the salt peter. Get the liquid from the barrel and concentrate it slowly over a fire by boiling away the water. Certain crystals would form on the side of the pot and that would be salt peter.

I just didn't read this in one place, it was 2 or 3 places I read about getting salt peter from animal feces (especially bat guano) and urine.

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Thats close crash
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Quote Originally Posted by oregonoutdoorsman View Post
    ( most soup has a small amount of wax in it especially the cheap stuff)

Huh?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "That's not drunk driving; I'll show ya drunk driving!"

Quote Originally Posted by nell67 View Post
    Thats close crash
    Hey they were Rick's twins, it was Rick's story. I was just glad my friend survived!!

and...flavor bear? you just might be my hero
    Last edited by trax; 05-16-2008 at 05:36 PM.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Quote Originally Posted by trax View Post
    and...flavor bear? you just might be my hero
    You're not the first to say so, and I doubt you will be the last.

*flies away*
    "That's not drunk driving; I'll show ya drunk driving!"

Quote Originally Posted by Flavor Bear View Post
    You're not the first to say so, and I doubt you will be the last.

*flies away*
    Up there in the sky! It's ...it's ....it's...flavor bear! (Okeee, that was for you, the emphasis really should be on the might be in the first statement )
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

bulrush - It may smell like ammonia but it isn't. It's urea.

"Most organisms have to deal with the excretion of nitrogen waste originating from protein and amino acid catabolism. In aquatic organisms the most common form of nitrogen waste is ammonia, while land-dwelling organisms convert the toxic ammonia to either urea or uric acid. In general, birds and saurian reptiles excrete uric acid, whereas the remaining species, including mammals, excrete urea. It is noteworthy that tadpoles excrete ammonia, and shift to urea production during metamorphosis."

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urea

I have no idea whether it is explosive or not and that was what I was asking about the earlier post. Not disputing his word at all just trying to learn something.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I have no idea whether it is explosive or not and that was what I was asking about the earlier post. Not disputing his word at all just trying to learn something.
    Potassium Chlorate, Sulfur and Urea, chlorate powders can substitute for gunpowder. More of a fast burning incendiary than an explosive.
    PREPARE FOR THE WORST AND HOPE FOR THE BEST.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha443556 View Post
    Potassium Chlorate, Sulfur and Urea, chlorate powders can substitute for gunpowder. More of a fast burning incendiary than an explosive.
    Yes, but any fast burning incendiary can be made an explosive if contained. The pressure is what will make it explode. If one part of the container is weaker than the others, it escapes through the weakest point. Like a shotgun shell.
    If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    Samuel Adams
    Dogs are not my whole life, but they make my life whole.

Blog Entries

Why not just make the tube out of the newspaper, make some needle point projectiles out of the styrofoam, and use the dern thing as a blowgun?

You'll get more than one use out of the thing, it'll be silent to keep some element of surprise, and it's a lot easier to make. Probably more accurate and lethal, too.

That thing dangling between your legs may be a weapon, but it wasn't designed to make gunpowder components.......
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine_Sapper View Post
    Yes, but any fast burning incendiary can be made an explosive if contained. The pressure is what will make it explode. If one part of the container is weaker than the others, it escapes through the weakest point. Like a shotgun shell.
    Yep, even just the stuff from the match heads should work if packed right.

Potassium Chlorate is a better oxidizer than Saltpeter (Potassium nitrate) however Potassium Chlorate and Sulfur are shock sensitive when mixed ... probably should mention that.

Quote Originally Posted by bulrush View Post
    Hey Rick,
    During the American Rev. War the farmers were directed to collect saltpeter for black powder in the following manner: pile animal and human urine, along with ruminant feces into pits or large barrels. Keep adding urine which will wash out the salt peter. Get the liquid from the barrel and concentrate it slowly over a fire by boiling away the water. Certain crystals would form on the side of the pot and that would be salt peter.

I just didn't read this in one place, it was 2 or 3 places I read about getting salt peter from animal feces (especially bat guano) and urine.
    Don't know about the American Revolution but I remember my father telling me the Vietnamese used urine to make a gun powder.

There's also Urea Nitrate a simple explosive to make but requires a detonator ... another of many uses of urine.

You have got to love this forum. Where else are you going to find multiple uses for pee?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Voyageur enseignant

What really peeves me are all the peons that get so p-o'd about p*ss. Just my .02c

Blog Entries

I think I'll just be a good boy and stay out of trouble so I don't get thrown in jail. Then I won't need to make "Shivs" and "News paper guns" to attack the guards with.
    1. If it's in your kit and you don't know how to use it....It's useless.
    2. If you can't reach your kit when you need it....Its useless.

Alaska Backcountry Adventure Tours
    www.youralaskavacation.com
    Tell them Kevin sent you!!

Pretty easy to wind up in jail these days.

http://www.gunsmagazine.com/DGR0708.html