Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Checkup

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

What Rick??? Have you not had your lasic surgery yet? I can see like a 20 year old! Had cataract surgery done on the right eye and got a custom made lens. I should have gone for the "eagle eye special" and gotten the 10x magnification model.

But yea, the bad guys would probably catch on to our system.

Fire one round at long range, relocate, set up the hide, call for pizza. The little guy delivering the pizza on the moped would probably rat us out. It would probably depend on the size of the tip.

Trick is that if you hit what you are shooting at it normally stops shooting back. I think that is in that Chinese guy's principle of war.

I just finished reading Chris Kyle's book, American Sniper, and it was a hoot. Not like the Movie at all. Also a different philosophy of sniping than in past wars.

In Iraq the bad guys would relay terrorists with rocket launchers and belt fed machine guns around on mopeds. They started shooting up every moped they saw. Not the people, the mopeds.

He had several confirmed doubles on bad guys riding mopeds. Driver in front, RPG shooter on back. A well placed .300 Win-mag round would go through both of them and sometimes the moped would continue for a while minus driver and gunner.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 01-25-2017 at 02:59 PM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I had a neighbor that died from cancer on Thanksgiving. For him it was a 14 year battle and he was really tired of the whole thing.

Around the end of October he expired and they brought him back due to not knowing he had a "do not resuscitate" order on file. None of the family was with him at that moment to stop the process.

He lived for another month and was p!$$ed for the entire month! Claimed the hospital should not charge him for anything after the resuscitation because he had checked out and they would not let him go home.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?