Thread: How are folks in Florida holding up?

Default How are folks in Florida holding up?

Sounds like some heavy weather! The news is saying 130 mph winds. I hope everyone is staying safe, and hopefully the preparations were complete!

Spoke with a few folks today that have relatives in San Juan and they got tons of rain but are safe.
    “There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Sat 6 am Ocala. Family is good. A few of our camping group have already checked in and good so far. Going to be a debris pick-up kinda day.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

It looks like Jacksonville is completely without power.

Crews are already at work but there are hundreds of thousands of homes waiting, thousands of trees down, thousands of structures demolished that will catch fire if reconnected at this time.

They will sort it out but it may take more than the 72 hour emergency pack the government recommends to get through it.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Banned

FPL has stated that most of the power grid in and around Jacksonville should be working by Sunday night. A couple of days without power is actually pretty good considering the amount of Florida damaged by Matthew.
    Having a working generator to keep at least the Refrigerator & Deep Freezer running should be on every Floridian's emergency checklist. JMHO. Everything else electrical is just a luxury.

I think Crash has enough peanut butter and water to hold out...

Still no internet. Last I heard there were about 50,000 homes without power in Jax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Banned

The folks on University & those in Baymeadows got power back Sunday before sunset, the folks from West Palm went home fully operational Saturday mourning. Only those from Liberty County GA. (Savannah) remain at the Homestead awaiting the return of electricity.

Have decided that I shall preposition a generator at the abode of the youngest Grandchild prior to the next storm. (Recommended that they installed a sub-panel to drive essential basic life items when the Home was being built, but like everything else they didn't ask for Old Guy Assistance until the die had been cast.) I'm going to be "Sensitive" and give the extremely educated a push button electric start generator.

The folks in Savannah are just going to have to pitch the foodstuffs in the Frig & Freezer, hopefully USAA, the US Army, or FEMA can reimburse them for the expense. I'll give Grandma (COMNAVKITCHENSINK) the green light to restock them from the Navy Commissary on my tab, and we shall convoy up to GA this weekend if they restore the power. Can't/Won't let "Goody Two Shoes & The Terrorist" suffer if I have the ability to do something about it. My Daughter & Son-in-law, they should have known better. JMO, nothing humble about it.