Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Close call.

Looking out over the river today....on my porch....noticing the beans down the hill turning brown.....seeing some of the trees starting to turn........what a wonderful sight to see.

Groin/leg sore as heck from the cath...so going down the hill is gonna have to wait a few days....really would like to check out the bottom field and river for damage........and to see what the river brought me this time.

Just good to sit ......and enjoy just being here.
    Thanks to all for the good wishes....
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Sorry you had that episode but very glad you are here to tell the story.

Sent from my QMV7B using Tapatalk

My Doc, from the first local hospital....the shock guy...and the one to send me on to the big hospital right away, rather than waiting.......called me at the cabin this afternoon.

Was just checking up on me ...and wanting to know if he could use the case as a case study...as I was not "presenting" and a normal heart attack would.....Not the firt time I head the "not normal" term used.

Was surprised that I answered the phone....and was in good condition and sprits.....
    Problem was a fresh clot in a main artery that caused everything....and when cleared,.... heart function was back to normal.

So was able to thanks him personally, as I not local here.....most likely never have to see him again.....I hope.

Told him to thank everyone for me/us.... for my care....and their professionalism and personnel help with key and arrangements for the dogs and transportation.

So may be interviewing with him and staff about my case.

Glad yer still kickin. Keep kickin.
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails.

- William Arthur Ward

They zapped you....was it like an atrial fibrillation kind of situation? My mom's prone to that, it can be really bad. I'm glad you made it in soon enough.

Tanks...man.

How long will you be at "the place" before you head back to the city?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I just had a quad bypass 90 days ago hunter63, it aint fun glad your feeling better brother

I'm sorry to hear about this. Take the best care of yourself that you can.

Wasn't there something in one of those movies or tv shows about a go-bag delivery service that somebody tried to start in the real world? That would be fantastic. Call number, go-bag delivered wherever you are as fast as possible as a prepaid service.

Try and keep it tickin' over, sir. All the best.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by canid View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about this. Take the best care of yourself that you can.

Wasn't there something in one of those movies or tv shows about a go-bag delivery service that somebody tried to start in the real world? That would be fantastic. Call number, go-bag delivered wherever you are as fast as possible as a prepaid service.

Try and keep it tickin' over, sir. All the best.
    Thanks......but the funny part....the part that fail is........ "Call number, go-bag delivered wherever you are as fast as possible as a prepaid service.'...........Phone was running out of charge....and the number to call....Is in the phone" LOL

Hunter,
    Thank you for the "Lessons learned" part of this...I am "Redoing/adding to" my check list right now. Glad you are upright and taking nourishment as my granddad would have said.

The perfect place where an external battery pack would be wonderful. Plug in the phone and keep talking. I have an Anker.

https://www.anker.com/products

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    The perfect place where an external battery pack would be wonderful. Plug in the phone and keep talking. I have an Anker.

https://www.anker.com/products
    That is a great idea....Looking into that....
    Have a cord that plugs into a USB....and a USB adaptor for cigarette lighter......but then again I also have the car charger....in the truck.
    Just need to have a way to conveniently carried.
    My/our phones are still flip phones....so not as smart as the newer style.

As it turned out...Another option......
    DW did find a charger at the nurses station so was able to get one phone up and running to get phone number off of it.....and transportation and meds called in.....

Quote Originally Posted by DSJohnson View Post
    Hunter,
    Thank you for the "Lessons learned" part of this...I am "Redoing/adding to" my check list right now. Glad you are upright and taking nourishment as my granddad would have said.
    Thanks...would make me happy to have some one make use of this....

As you might have gathered, I do spend a lot of time, money and effort, into being ready you most anything that come along....call it prepping for SHTF or what ever you want....but is something I have always done.

This was a good example of how things can go sideways real quick....prepped or not....in a real common SHTF scenario ....which most of us have or will have.......(still haven't seen a Zombie)

People have asked me why I have and carry so much stuff....The reason being ....at one time or another I did NEED that stuff....and the additions were added after NOT having the need gear....that time.
    Last edited by hunter63; 10-03-2016 at 10:37 AM.

Banned

The school of hard knocks is only pass or fail, but it sure can make you take a long look at what you would do different the next time. Glad you made it, sorry to hear about the temporary inconveniences. I've also had the elephant on my chest a couple of times. As fellow classmate of TSHK, I didn't realize that pleurisy would feel so much like pinched nerves in the shoulders. "I remember struggling to get up the tiny incline to reach the emergency center while having only 1/4 of 1 lung functioning. I distinctly remembered think that after surviving 2 heart attacks it would sure feel stupid to drop dead struggling up such a tiny incline.

It truly is a wise person that can learn from others miscalculations. But 90% of those that would learn just pass it off as it can never happen to me. So I'd expect that thier shall be many more of us enrolling in "The School of Hard Knocks" but Thank You for sharing hunter63. Hope you return to full health ASAP.

Yeah, Thanks....
    I gonna guess I'm not completely "out of the woods"..as I'm wearing a defibrillator.... and waiting for my home Doc to call me back.

That's some scary stuff H.
    Glad you're upright and functional.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

I have a shave bag. Cheap nylon thing that I keep all the stuff I have to have. Meds, hearing aid batteris, Meds, External battery, Meds, All those stupid cords you have to have so you can use whatever, whenever, where ever, Meds. Did I mention meds? This is the one:

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I have a shave bag. Cheap nylon thing that I keep all the stuff I have to have. Meds, hearing aid batteris, Meds, External battery, Meds, All those stupid cords you have to have so you can use whatever, whenever, where ever, Meds. Did I mention meds? This is the one:

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    LOL so do I .....in the truck.......Need to at least find the cable that fits my/our flip phone that works....
    Actually have one....but doesn't seem to charge for a USB port?

Would be much to wind up that cord and carry it in the bottom of the cell phone holster.......

PS....I just the cable I have from the laptop case..... to see if it would fit in the cell phone holster......It does....and does look like it is charging.....But is at full charge at the minute ....so gonna have to wait till it runs down.

If that works....it should charge at any USB....even on of the laptops in a hospital room....
    We will see.
    Last edited by hunter63; 10-03-2016 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rat! View Post
    I just had a quad bypass 90 days ago hunter63, it aint fun glad your feeling better brother
    Just saw this.....and yeah I bet you are still sore......I was for a long time.
    That little red hard pillow they give you to hold against your chest was my best friend for a long time.
    One main reason for quitting smoking was pain from coughing.

Took me about a year till I could do a lot of twisting and lifting.....so didn't even want to.
    Gets better Bro;....so hang in there, I still can feel your pain.