Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Close call.

Default Close call.

Close call.......24 hr. at the hospital.....Dealing with a cardio episode.
    (Note had triple by-pass 2013....and have been on restrictions and doing my rehab stuff pretty regularly....so to say moderation and doing what I had been told.

Fri morning.....packing truck for a trip to the Place (cabin)......felt flushed while pouring out dog food, and started sweating.....felt like crap.
    Took my meds and sat down for 45 minutes....feeling passed and felt fine.
    Finished loading...and drove out to our cabin....

Supper time, headed into town looking at the damage the flooding had done....and stopped at the saloon fir supper.
    Bar burger and a couple of brewski's.....
    Getting ready to leave...felt "That feeling again"...so headed back to the cabin...was only there of about there for 1/2 hour....
    Then it was, I think I better head for the emergency room......of we went....DW driving.
    15 miles to the hospital....was really feeling bad...so got rushed into the room....then was really feeling bad.

At this point the they hit me with the defibrillator.....and M***** F****R.....THAT HURT (PS...yes they were saving me.....But still.....)

Anyway....stick this bag here, that bag there.... this line here, that line there.... I was wire up......

Guess I drifted off and Bang AGAIN with the paddles.....Ok thing are settled down a bit.....Into the ambulance.

Off we go to Lacrosse to the big hospital ...to the cath lab.....for a cardio catheterization.
    Seems a couple if my stints (older) had plugged up...causing the problem.......so still here.

Now as we are 200 miles from home....decision was made for follow up check up by my own Dr. when I return home....but would not let me leave till I had a "Life Vest"....wearable 24-7 defibrillator....supposed to be for 40 days, then if everything OK.....don't need it.....

OR permanent one implanted.....

So as DW was with me to Lacrosse, as she came in ambulance....truck was back at the other hospital (60 miles away)......
    We were kinda screwed.....No gear, no clean dry clothes,.... My stuff was soaking from sweating.....no jacket, .....no charger for cell phone....needed to make arrangements for the dog....at cabin....and a ride home.
    Came home with a left over t-shirt from a walk-run for 2011....Sheesh...but was dry.

All our gear was in the truck or at cabin....
    We were prepped for a lot of things....not this.

SHTF comes in many ways....seem a phone charger does need to be carried with any phone....major key in getting arrangements made....

So we are back home (to the cabin)...with the help of many friends....that just jumped to our aid....200 mile from home friends....
    Mike ....guy with the web cam even brought our dogs to their home to spend time with their dogs.

...And I have this shock vest on 24/7........But still here and kicking......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Dad said his heart attack was horrible. Sorry you're going through that.

But still here and kicking......
    And I'm glad to hear that. Hope you get to feeling better soon.
    Wilderness Survival:
    Surviving a temporary situation where you're lost in the wilderness

Actually feeling pretty good...just a groin pain for the cath....(had them before)

DW was shook up....and while waiting....DW and I had a good, frank talk, about all the locations of paper work for insurances and stuff...where stuff is stashed, and other issues that she would kinda poo-poo till the close call....Dr. told he I was "gone" for a while....
    No white lights, no out of body stuff".....just "man this is just so peaceful.....and ZAP....SOB.......Back.

She ever understands my pocket med kit... and as she need an aspirin...and I had them in the kit.....and as she was away from the house, she did have her diabetes meds ...or alt least a emergency kit in her purse...Does now.

I hope you don't mind me chuckling with you a bit. I'm sure there were some words voiced right after the doc yelled clear. But that is one trip that would suck all around. Sorry you had to go through that. Glad it was just a close call and nothing worse. Hope you are feeling better.

Told them after..... that wasn't gonna apologize....Dr. said...."That's fine, glad you here to cuss me".

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

The ones where you get to the hospital and crash are scary.

A few minutes earlier and it would have been over.

Glad you made it.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Was BS'ing with the ambulance guy on my bumpy ride to Lacrosse.... that I was missing a reunion that evening....that I had only missed one other one...and was because of the gout....

So he says well I bet that wasn't as bad as the "jolts"......I got.
    Had to think about it....

I guess if given a choice....I'd take the jolt...than having the gout pain for a week or two....

So....if a cop says put your hands on the car or we're going to taze you. I'm guessing your hands are going on the car?

Glad that you're doing OK.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Glad to hear you are doing well. Those Jolts are no joke.
    Have Lights? Thank a Lineman!
    "Being prepared is sometimes inconvenient, but not being prepared is always inconvenient." - Fred Choate

So glad you are okay,hunter. My bf had to have one implanted in February. There is no way he would have worn the vest.he had fluid built up around the heart, they can not do sent in his arteries they say his arteries appear to be like tank tracks,Stent would be plugged on either end. His arteries have actually tried to reroute themselves, however any place they tried to attach to is damaged.so far,he has not been zapped, but he had,a second episode of fluid build up 5 weeks ago the doc want him on transplant waiting list,but he refuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    So....if a cop says put your hands on the car or we're going to taze you. I'm guessing your hands are going on the car?
    Yup....no joke....
    Got hit a few times working on electrical equipment as I sure anyone the does it lot might......But never knew it was coming.....Like everyone backing up and hearing the "clear".......Didn't have time for a complete "Aw ship".......

Thanks for the good wishes.......but thought it was important that it could be a reminder to all of us.... how fast things happen, how little we really are prepared......and what kind if a SHTF we prepare for......

And how thankful we are for friends that jump to your aid.

Hunter, we live close to you. I am 1.5 hours from LaCrosse. I would have come gotten you and taken you to your "place" or at least I could've gone to get the dog. Will pm you my #. We are gone from tomorrow till the 10th but then home a lot. I am good at driving to hospitals - had a lot of practice with our kids.
    Please feel free to call.

I am so very sorry for your close call. We are heading to DC for the end to the "54 day Novena for our Nation" which ends with a (hopefully) large Rosary Rally on 10/7 (which just happens to also be DD#1's birthday and we will see her on our way home). My DH came up with the idea in March 2016, that we needed a really strong nationwide prayer to save religious liberty and ourselves, and God just sent it flying across the country.

Anyhow, all on here and their families are in my daily prayers, but you now get top billing.
    But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. Joshua 24:15

Thank you Solar Geek.....good to know friends have your back....

Doing well for now...gonna lay low a few days/ week unless my Cardio DR says come right in.....but the Dr. here says that things settled down...and have a great trip....sounds like an important mission and a fun trip.

I'm glad you made!

God Bless that's some scary chit.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

Senior Member Pennsylvania Mike's Avatar

Glad you made it and doing better now.

Adventures come in all shapes, sizes and colors. Some are just not nearly as enjoyable as others. Glad you survived that one. But you gotta admit, it makes good theater. You probably wouldn't like All That Jazz any more.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Glad you are back home and feeling better. Hope you recover soon and are able to get back out in the woods.

S.M.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to gain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790),U.S. statesman, scientist, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759