Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Starvation...

Blog Entries

You simply need to keep busy. I suggest preparing a Boeuf Wellington. With pate de foie gras with black truffle. That'll take some time and keep your mind off of eating!
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Blog Entries

On my way home from town today I stopped at the local Fred Meyers. They had Alaska Red King Crab for $9.99 per lb. I bought 3 lbs. I just finished eating all 3 lbs. I had melted real butter to dip it in. Oh man was it good.
    1. If it's in your kit and you don't know how to use it....It's useless.
    2. If you can't reach your kit when you need it....Its useless.

Alaska Backcountry Adventure Tours
    www.youralaskavacation.com
    Tell them Kevin sent you!!

Quote Originally Posted by klkak View Post
    On my way home from town today I stopped at the local Fred Meyers. They had Alaska Red King Crab for $9.99 per lb. I bought 3 lbs. I just finished eating all 3 lbs. I had melted real butter to dip it in. Oh man was it good.
    that. almost. broke me.

Blog Entries

As soon as I saw them in the display case, I broke.

Last Fall I tried to do "The Master Cleanse". It is a 10 day detox fast....I made it 8.5 days before I finally caved.... I was rowing a group in a raft and their was a horrible headwind all day long and I worked my buns off. That evening I went to a friends birthday party and there was pizza there and I just caved...I ate like 5 pieces then felt awful (physically) all night afterwards...my stomach was cartwheeling.

The master cleanse is interesting though. Every day you drink a concoction of real maple syrup, lemon juice, water, and cayenne pepper several times, along with copious amounts of water. The mixture does aid in curbing hunger pains though- but it tastes pretty gross. I ended up losing 18 lbs, which I promptly gained back in about three weeks.
    The way of the canoe is the way of the wilderness and of a freedom almost forgotten- Sigurd Olson

Give me winter, give me dogs... you can keep the rest- Knud Rasmussen

Blog Entries

Cool

Just got outta' bed. BREAKFAST TIME! Thinking about three eggs over-easy, thick-cut slab bacon, grilled English Muffins, blueberry pancakes on the side, fresh coffee .....

Naw, I'll just keep it healthy with a little oatmeal. Been eatin' way too much lately and I'm not that hungry - yet. How about you, LeaveThisLifeGuy? Hungry? What are you doing for breakfast?
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

I think I gained 5 lbs last night just typing and reading about so much food.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Skipper going to make you swim behind the boat, Crash?
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Blog Entries

Hey klkak, I figured Alaska Red King Crab would go for a lot less than $9.99 per lb. in Alaska. How about New England/Maine lobsters?
    Last edited by Ken; 05-15-2008 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Can't type.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Skipper going to make you swim behind the boat, Crash?
    Nah. She says I can walk behind the car.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Morning y'all!

Day 2
    Slept well, surprisingly. Workout was crap this morning, had to gow slow, little lightheaded and no juice, just goin through the motions. Feel pretty good, no cravings yet but I'm never hungry in the morning. I really thought my temper would be elevated and the lady would be in a hissy by now, but bein on zero calories has made me a lot calmer and more centered, at least up till now. slight dull headache. overall, by far the toughest component is boredom, turns out I'm just about always thinkin bout food, whether that's what to eat, where to get it, grabbin a snack, what i'm eating, or how much i just ate and how i feel like crap now. Without all that, there's a helluva lot of time in the day! Anyway, from the stuff I read, hunger disappears after about the third day. No biggie, cuz I really haven't been hungry at all, just very strong psychological cravings for food.

@Montana-you made it 8.5 days? That's amazing! I hope I can do the same, even your concoction of stuff sounds kinda tasty right now, water gets OLD!

Blog Entries

Hey klkak, I figured Alaska Red King Crab would go for a lot less than $9.99 per lb. in Alaska. How about New England/Maine lobsters?
    Unfortunately Alaska seafood is marked for export. We have to pay the same as everyone else for some of the stuff. We got a thing up here called "Dip netting" for salmon. We can take very liberal amounts of salmon to add to our winter meat.

Blog Entries

Cool

Just finished lunch, LeaveThisLifeGuy!

(Burrrrrrrrp. Excuse me.)

Started with some little necks (hard shell clams - kinda' like small quahogs) with chorico cooked in beer, oil, onions, and garlic.

Then, had a Portuguese Style Steak. Loads of garlic, red hot finger pepper strips, and two eggs on top. Came with a wonderful wine based sauce, fries, and saffron rice. Yeah, I know that two starches is a little much, but that's how they serve it. Just love to dunk those little crusty rolls in the sauce......

Yep, I doubled up on the garlic stuff 'cause it's healthy to eat (do you remember when you could eat, LeaveThisLifeGuy? Stay strong - we're all supporting your efforts, my friend) and because I don't have any appointments today.

Finished up with a dish of flan with caramel sauce and, as always, an espresso.

Any thoughts about what I should fix up for supper?
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Just finished lunch, LeaveThisLifeGuy!

(Burrrrrrrrp. Excuse me.)

Started with some little necks (hard shell clams - kinda' like small quahogs) with chorico cooked in beer, oil, onions, and garlic.

Then, had a Portuguese Style Steak. Loads of garlic, red hot finger pepper strips, and two eggs on top. Came with a wonderful wine based sauce, fries, and saffron rice. Yeah, I know that two starches is a little much, but that's how they serve it. Just love to dunk those little crusty rolls in the sauce......

Yep, I doubled up on the garlic stuff 'cause it's healthy to eat (do you remember when you could eat, LeaveThisLifeGuy? Stay strong - we're all supporting your efforts, my friend) and because I don't have any appointments today.

Finished up with a dish of flan with caramel sauce and, as always, an espresso.

Any thoughts about what I should fix up for supper?
    wow. you eat a lot i still want that chopped brisket down the street. badly. on the plus side, my sense of smell has gone superhero on me, I can smell EVERYTHING, feel like a dog. pretty neat. or its delirium.

Blog Entries

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by LeaveThisLifeGuy View Post
    wow. you eat a lot i still want that chopped brisket down the street. badly. on the plus side, my sense of smell has gone superhero on me, I can smell EVERYTHING, feel like a dog. pretty neat. or its delirium.

"you eat a lot" -- I work it off

"i still want that chopped brisket down the street. badly." -- get yourself two orders (today), post a picture of yourself eating it (today), and I'll pick up the tab

"my sense of smell has gone superhero on me" -- first sign of brain cells dying off from malnutrition

"I can smell EVERYTHING, feel like a dog" -- maybe Alpo instead of brisket?

"or its delirium" -- my thoughts as well.

Be good to yourself. Give up.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

When are you going to post the Day2 log? I am interested to read about your progress.

Quote Originally Posted by LeaveThisLifeGuy View Post
    wow. you eat a lot ---yes he does, all I had for lunch was a nice juicy rare steak sandwich, some fries and a spinach salad and a chocolate milkshake, oh yeah and strawberry cheesecake for dessert.
    still want that chopped brisket down the street. badly.--bet you want it so bad you can smell it huh?
    my sense of smell has gone superhero on me, I can smell EVERYTHING,--see?? like I said.

feel like a dog---don't start 'marking' the furniture ok?

or its delirium--don't let that bother you, one man's delerium is another man's free cable. Now go have a nice sip of delicious water and hang in there.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Water - yummmmmmmm.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

water with a splash of Knob Creek - better!
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

I prefer not to encumber my Knob Creek or my Bookers with water.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel