Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fixin Wax recipe

Default Easier to buy it

I used to love Fix'n wax that I would get from DC, until I got a different version of it from a local guy at a Farmer's Market. It's a little bit softer so it I have found a lot more uses for it than what I could use Fix'n wax for because it was too hard. I can just get it local, but they have just opened an Etsy shop and I think that it is still cheaper than DC's with shipping.

Another Spammer Stopper By to Say Hey and By. Well he said Buy and I said By for him.
    Last edited by Dancepoolboy; 07-24-2017 at 09:37 PM.

Some of them don't even offer a challenge. It's like flipping ants off the porch rail.

OMG...He banned hisself?....LOL
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I'm not sure what "fix'n wax" is, but I use a combination of mineral oil and Beezwax to treat my wooden utensils and food safe wooden bowls. I melt the beeswax and add Mineral oil and let it cool if it cools hard I remelt and add more MO. I keep doing that until I get a consistency of honey. In fact I keep it in a honey bottle. Periodically I'll round up all the kitchen knives and wooden spoons and spatulas and give em a good coating of the goo. I let them sit for a few days to absorb all they will and wipe them clean.

I'd imagine it could be used on anything that needed to be waterproofed or limbered up. Sometimes I use store bought Bees Wax but when I can get the real thing I use it. If you leave the empty honeycomb sitting out for a few days any bees in the area will clean it up. Then they'll start hauling the wax off. So, as soon as it's clean I mash it up and store it in jars.

There's always some left over and I cut up cardboard and toss it in the melted wax. It makes good fire starter for the fireplace and campfires too.

Alan