Thread: How to field dress / cook quail

Default How to field dress / cook quail

That rain messed up everything , but I hope you guys understand and don't be mad at me

Check out my survival youtube channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCup...cRQ3O29ZB7Ybiw

I understood you just fine. You had me drooling man! I haven't had quail in years. Maybe I can change that this year. Quail season doesn't start in my area of FL until Nov.

Looks good.....Nice job.
    Got a kick out of the message....If watch the cleaning and processing of dead animals bothers you stop watching...or words to that effect.
    If more people killed anc processed their own meat....there would be a lot more vegans....
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Looks tasty. Well done.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

You know, we do have a quality control department. You might want to send some quail to us for testing to make certain it is safe to eat.

Nice job. Do you make most of your videos in the Tbilisi National Park?

Thank you very much guys !
    Yeah Rick I'll send a few next time , all of the quails of this season are already eaten
    Nope I film it in high mountains of Bakuriani , only few are filmed in the woods next to Tbilisi
    Check out my survival youtube channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCup...cRQ3O29ZB7Ybiw

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

gcckoka, your films/photos always make me smile.

Hunting quail with Dads and Uncles seems the same world wide, as does roasting the catch over a fire.

My first hunting trips were with my G-dad and uncle chasing the elusive fluffy tailed squirrel and being the retriever of downed quail in the blackberry patches. No bird dogs back then but G-dad had a pack of beagles for rabbit chasing.

They were not much for camping or cooking over the fire though. They generally turned the catch over to the womenfolk, who could do wonders with a bit of flour, salt, buttermilk and a few mashed potatoes.

I still remember my little brother standing patiently by the stove waiting for his rabbit hearts to finish cooking. He gobbled them down like appetizers. He considered those hearts his own personal property, only loaned to the rabbit temporarily.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

.......and on "rides" with my father and sister.......on Sunday afternoons.....so mother could take a nap....we would road hunt for partridge....ruffed grouse....ride along logging roads, see one.... stop car and shoot one.

My sisters job was to wring the birds neck...to make sure they were dead.
    Grouse with sauerkraut and dumplings....
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

When my kids came along it was the "scouting trips" to prepare for the upcoming deer hunt. That was before the kids were old enough to hunt.

They were over night camps just like being in deer camp but no real hunting involved, just roaming the woods checking rubs, scrapes and deer movement. Lots of hunting for the water source, the food source and is it a morning trail or a night trail, where is the best place for a stand and general deer lore.

I did not realize how much they learned on those trips until they started dragging home venison in their teen years when I was too overworked to hunt.

Along about 1997 I realized they were hunting bow season, black powder season and regular gun season on their own at 15 and 17 years and had named every deer on the farm.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 09-14-2016 at 03:37 PM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Thanks ! Great to hear your stories guys