Thread: etching labels

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Default etching labels

Hey Crash!

How do you make those stencils for etching you logo on the blades?

I have some things that need labels and do not want to mess them up with an engraving pen.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Hey Crash!

How do you make those stencils for etching you logo on the blades?

I have some things that need labels and do not want to mess them up with an engraving pen.
    I buy stencil material and the use a typewriter with the ribbon removed to cut the stencils. If you PM me what you want, I'll cut them and send em your way.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Thanks Crash, PM sent.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

You can also ask a sign and graphics shop if they can cut them if you need arbitrary designs. I have a place nearby that can cut stencils to any suitable design at a pretty good resolution and when I asked them their prices were pretty good.

I've been planning to have them cut me some vinyl stencils for electro-etching sooner or later.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

You can also look for some etching paste at a local art supply store I doubt the big customers like Michaels would carry it, so you have to look for one that caters to the pros. And maybe ask for it. We used to etch mirrors, in art class, but I imagine it works on steel too. Mask the UN etched area with adhesive backed mylar, then draw your design on and using an exact cut the mylar according to your drawing, and exposed the surface by peeling off the desired portions. Brush the paste on and let it sit the required time before stopping the chemical reaction according to instructions.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk