Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Naked and Afraid Dual Survial question

The premise of N&A is messed up when they give them one item in the first place. Supposed to literally be out there with nothing. At all.

Pretty bad way to go, but if that's the show then do it that way. Take away everything.
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails.

- William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Important information when watching N&A....
    Butt chart.....Don't forget to keep a tally.....

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

I laughed so hard that just made my Facebook.
    “There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

On one trip the couple made the mistake of seeing the lack of water and should have moved on the next pond the first day. I also noticed the sun was high prior to the start time.
    “There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Check out channels "BoggyCreekBeast" and DavidWestChannel. Firerolling can be done with a chunk of T shirt, your knife and a flat rock, or 2 splits from a log, 2 bricks, any reasonably non-slick, dry surface and any number of plants. But, normally, you have to dry out the plant-parts. I carry a lighter, but it's not a junk Bic. I also carry a ferrorod, a magnesium block, a waxed cotton rope with a little metal tube around one end, a few ranger bands, some duct tape and a Fresnel lense. The total weight of all these things is 3 ozs, really gonna make or break you, right? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by jayd View Post
    Check out channels "BoggyCreekBeast" and DavidWestChannel. Firerolling can be done with a chunk of T shirt, your knife and a flat rock, or 2 splits from a log, 2 bricks, any reasonably non-slick, dry surface and any number of plants. But, normally, you have to dry out the plant-parts. I carry a lighter, but it's not a junk Bic. I also carry a ferrorod, a magnesium block, a waxed cotton rope with a little metal tube around one end, a few ranger bands, some duct tape and a Fresnel lense. The total weight of all these things is 3 ozs, really gonna make or break you, right? :-)
    What?....No Bic?.....Junk Bic?....
    Quote>
    I also carry a ferrorod, a magnesium block, a waxed cotton rope with a little metal tube around one end, a few ranger bands, some duct tape and a Fresnel lense. The total weight of all these things is 3 ozs, really gonna make or break you, right?<Quote.

Maybe pile all that stuff on a scale Right?....LOL ..

You know what's better than a Bic?....15 (or more) Bics.... one in every pocket of every coat pants, truck, tool box tackle box boat kit, canoe kit....and of course any other place you can think of.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    I laughed so hard that just made my Facebook.
    give me the amazon and you can keep the rest.

just having a small, easily blown out flame often means little or nothing when you really need a fire, which, by definition, means it's cold, wet, windy. The waxed rope gives a hot, steady, adjustable flame that's hard to blow out, will ignite from just a spark, even when it's soaking wet, if you've already charred it a bit. I'll take that and one good lighter over any number of bics.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingTree View Post
    The premise of N&A is messed up when they give them one item in the first place. Supposed to literally be out there with nothing. At all.

Pretty bad way to go, but if that's the show then do it that way. Take away everything.
    if they didn't get a knife, pot, and ferrorod, the show would be over in a day or 2.