Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Survival kits for your firearms

custom user title here

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    You sort of have to wonder what kind of exit wound a .50 would make on a caribou at that range. perhaps all they carry out is one hind quarter and some burger.
    well from the pics ive seen (i know this is really no comparison) from the ma duece in action its not very pretty. depending on where it got hit it might take some legs with it, or just tear it in half.

My wife's cousin's husband (I do so love saying that) has the finest collection of weapons I've ever seen. He owns a .50 and shoots it quite often. He enjoys it. He'd own a working tank and shoot it if he could figure out how to get it.
    send your wife's cousin's husband here:
    http://www.armyjeeps.net/armor1.htm
    The way of the canoe is the way of the wilderness and of a freedom almost forgotten- Sigurd Olson

Give me winter, give me dogs... you can keep the rest- Knud Rasmussen

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_Montana View Post
    send your wife's cousin's husband here:
    http://www.armyjeeps.net/armor1.htm
    Wow, good thing they don't have a "contributing to the delinquency of old geezers" charge. You would be in so much trouble!
    You don't have to join PETA to survive in the woods, it just helps.
    (People for the Eating of Tasty Animals)

All joking aside, I'd love to own a feret. I don't know how many times I've drooled over them.

commoguy - You have to understand that Spud has a compound in Idaho and came on here recruiting people. We razzed him pretty bad about his long range capabilities with his multiple .50s. So crash was posting the long range thing tongue in cheek.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

If I could afford to buy and feed a Barrett I would have one. I shot one a few times in the military, It was gobbs of fun.
    1. If it's in your kit and you don't know how to use it....It's useless.
    2. If you can't reach your kit when you need it....Its useless.

Alaska Backcountry Adventure Tours
    www.youralaskavacation.com
    Tell them Kevin sent you!!

My wife's cousin's husband (see? I told you I like saying that) uses military surplus. You can get M8 API for as little as $2.20 a round.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

My wife's cousin's husband (see? I told you I like saying that) uses military surplus. You can get M8 API for as little as $2.20 a round.
    Rick, that comment reminds me of a song........"I'm my own grandpa"

custom user title here

All joking aside, I'd love to own a feret. I don't know how many times I've drooled over them.

commoguy - You have to understand that Spud has a compound in Idaho and came on here recruiting people. We razzed him pretty bad about his long range capabilities with his multiple .50s. So crash was posting the long range thing tongue in cheek.
    oic thanks for the heads up.

Commo - The long range protection was meant to be an inside (sort of) joke. And I do agree with something you said about ownership regardless of the caliber of the weapon. Training. Without it, it's just a hammer or club. BTW 20+ years military, qualifed expert pistol, rifle, taught shipboard anti-terrorist tactics, ferried seal teams to and from insertion and extraction points....but yeah, training is important.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

What's the big deal? So someone has a barret .50. It's not like they went out and bought an M2. Semi vs. Full auto makes a big difference. So what if it's a big round? Maybe I'm hunting a big target...Like my mother in law. Seriously though, I just don't understand how you can say "Oi, you can't own that!" just like the idiots in Britain that said "OH GAWD YOU CAN'T OWN A KNIFE!" They outlawed guns, so now people are getting stabbed to death. Go figure. So the Harry Potter actor gets shanked and now his family is pushing for even tougher penalties on knives. Great. What's next? They stop using knives, and go back to bottles, sticks, rocks, and bricks? I can hear the bobbies now "Oi there mate, I'm gonna have to run you in." "what did I do?" "you're illegally possesing a brick there." "I'm a ****ing mason, moron, I carry a hob for living."
    If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    Samuel Adams
    Dogs are not my whole life, but they make my life whole.

Blog Entries

I've fired the M-2 from a tripod / T&E and mounted on a Hummer. It rocks. Kinda like getting a full body massage with a plate compactor. To bad it weighs so much. The recoil of the Barret was like a 12 guage. However the muzzle blast was horrendous. I only made the mistake of standing off to the side for one shot. The only safe place is behind it. I will say again, "If I could afford a Barrett I would own a Berrett". While I'm at it I wish I could own a Mk-19

Quote Originally Posted by klkak View Post
    I've fired the M-2 from a tripod / T&E and mounted on a Hummer. It rocks. Kinda like getting a full body massage with a plate compactor. To bad it weighs so much. The recoil of the Barret was like a 12 guage. However the muzzle blast was horrendous. I only made the mistake of standing off to the side for one shot. The only safe place is behind it. I will say again, "If I could afford a Barrett I would own a Berrett". While I'm at it I wish I could own a Mk-19
    Oooooh yeah. I got to fire a MK-19 from an elevated position for a firing range. Awesome. However, stationary is nothing compared to what the MP's got to do....Mounted in the firing hatch of the Humvee, they got to fire it on a mobile range, driving an up-armored hummvee full speed through the range lighting up the targets. Freaking awesome to watch. I can just imagine being the guy driving or the guy on the Mk-19. As for the Mah deuce, we actually turned the barrels on two of the ones in our unit a nice copper color while trying to avoid the LT having to fill out the paperwork to turn all that excess ammo back in. *sigh* your tax dollars hard at work, no? But it was a blast.
    If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    Samuel Adams
    Dogs are not my whole life, but they make my life whole.

Didn't they ban guns in Washington DC? But it has one of the highest murder rates (per capita) in the US? It is continually vying for first place with the highest murder rate with Detroit, and now, Flint, MI.

There will always be someone who knows better then you what is best for you, and take away your RIGHTS , dang that pesky consitution. Peoply have been trying to legislate morality forever. And yes I too would have a Barrett if I hade the cash, I have shot them and they are great.
    Any goverment big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have...T Jefferson

Me too! I likey the big boom! Not to mention the big "hole" !

Default Rx

Quote Originally Posted by klkak View Post
    My doctor also told me to stay on my med's or I'd go back to being one of those people.
    Uuuuummmmm...........meds, tastey. darn bats shooo!!!!

Worst case scenerio man kx250kev's Avatar

Here's where we are headed if we don't start speaking up now and voting appropriately. (This means you)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGVAQOUi6ec
    Last edited by kx250kev; 06-08-2008 at 11:11 PM.