Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Couple of Medical Tidbits

Since different antibiotics target different bacteria no one can purchase a single antibiotic and expect it to be effective across the board. Yes, there are some broad spectrum antibiotics but knowing when you use what is why physicians take Pharm 502a, Pharm 504a, Pharm 506a, Pharm 528a, Pharm 550a, etc., etc., etc.,. Self medicating is a tad dumb unless you are with Natertot during the zombie apocalypse and there is no other choice.

Quote Originally Posted by natertot View Post
    ..................snip........
    Now, as an added disclaimer: Taking animal drugs is NOT something I would do (unless the world has completely suffered a zombie apocalypse and there is not other choice). I really cannot see a reason to do so, nor have I tried it. I am just basing this on a few classes I took in college. I do not recommend that anyone try it. If you do, I assume no liability and recommend you have 911 on speed dial, and the number to poison control. If you take any, hold the drugs in your hand so if you pass out before help arrives they know what you took.

Be safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Same applies for wild mushrooms.........
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Very accurate, Rick. Docs go through so much training and education, I really don't know how they contain it all in one brain. I agree that self medicating (beyond symptomatic relief with OTC meds) is dumb, even if you are with me in the zombie apocalypse and there is no other choice. It would be much better to save a bullet for yourself because all I would be doing is taking an educated guess and then standing back to see what happens. Might end up looking like that guy on the first page of this thread!

Hunter, good thought on the wild mushrooms. Really, not a bad idea for any wild edible. pretty much everything has a poisonous look alike out there.
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

DW idea....always says...."Save a piece so I can show the EMT's what you tried ...This Time".
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27