Thread: Range Time

Default Range Time

Spent yesterday at the range with three others. Had a lot of firearms to choose from. The Smith & Wesson 500 short barrel got my attention, but I doubt I'll be picking one up any time soon.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

How many towels did you go through?

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Spent yesterday at the range with three others. Had a lot of firearms to choose from. The Smith & Wesson 500 short barrel got my attention, but I doubt I'll be picking one up any time soon.
    Sounds like a good day....

That's one you buy just to do a "I dare ya" to your friends...
    Have a Handi Rifle in .500 S&W and THAT gets attention.........
    Was gonna go to our little local range....been raining and the County Fair needs going to.......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Sounds like fun. I need to get out to the range myself. Never enough time.....
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Took my new G43 out to shoot some coffee cans. Nice.
    Now I need some new coffee cans. lol
    Wilderness Survival:
    Surviving a temporary situation where you're lost in the wilderness

Hokey cripes. I have to go to the emergency room 'cause I actually thought about what pulling the trigger on a 500 would feel like. Owwwwww. This from a guy that doesn't like to shoot .357.

Quote Originally Posted by pete lynch View Post
    Took my new G43 out to shoot some coffee cans. Nice.
    Now I need some new coffee cans. lol

LOL...Funny how that works..........
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I spent the first half of Friday at the range.

One of my friends is in need of a shotgun and wanted to check out the difference between the Pardner Pump and the Maverick.

It just so happens...

He is a rifle and pistol shooter but has never owned a shotgun. I am still trying to figure out how that happened!

I took the patterning board so he could actually see the difference in performance between choke graduations.

Lots of myths went down the drain by the time we finished, especially when we put the full choke tube in the Mavrick and started backing away from the target board shooting my buckshot reloads. He was still getting 70% of his pellets in the target at 50 yards.

And it was HOT!!!

I soaked down my clothes and drank a gallon of water.

We quit at noon and by 2pm the heat index was over 100.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

You guys are better than me. I keep threatening to go out and shoot but if I do it'll be dawn patrol and gone in a few hours.

I try and get to the range at least once a week. Sometimes more often when time allows.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

It's been almost a month for me. I need to rectify that.

The guys up north do not realize all that you are talking about Max.

South of the Ohio River shooting hours are from 6am-11am, then you leave and find an AC to sit under!

In FL they probably shut down by 9am.

I was walking through the living room the night after I went to the range and it was still 90 degrees at 10pm!

Yeah we spend June and July in the mountains of WNC. Coming back here in August is brutal. I'm acclimatizing slowly. I've got new toys I'm dying to take to the range. I think you guys might have motivated me.

I shot trap last week and my adopted daughter Lisa was late. But, we were overcast and had a good breeze. It was good to go.

Some days though you can get to the range and if the heat don't get you the skeeters and deer flies will.

My boss and I would go and he is an early guy. The range opened at 9am and I would get us in at 8am. Turned fans on us and still soaked. Then in the afternoon for IDPA you would roast and if you tried to expose some skin to a breeze the skeeters and deer flies would scar your arse for life! LOL

A couple weeks ago, my BIL from San Antonio came up to spend time with his mom, who lives close to us. He wanted to do some shootin' with the guys, so I told him he can swing by my house one night and we will go to my local range out in the desert. He probably spent $600 on ammo. Of course, when you are a doctor.... He brought his short barreled Smith and Wesson 500 along. He has a long barreled one as well, but didn't bring that monster. He bought 2 type of rounds at Cabelas. One was a little cheaper and the other was Hornady. The cheaper ones, I could actually shoot all 5 in the cylinder. But, that Hornady....one and my palm feels like someone hit it with a 2X4. I doubt I will buy me one.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Now I feel kind'a guilty...I step outside at least once or twice a week and shoot at the gongs behind the house. They start at about 10 yards and run all the way out about 450 yards. We can shoot under the shade of the back porch if we want. I "go to the range" pretty often.
    Last edited by DSJohnson; 08-30-2016 at 01:59 AM.

I can shoot pistol and .22 rifle in the back yard, but I do have neighbors and have to be careful and note the time of day or night.

Shooting rifle it is just easier to run over to the range. It's only 2 miles and Wendys' Frosties are on sale for $.50 so I was headed that way anyhow.

When the club decides to set up a coin operated trap house I will be in hog heaven. I hate to tote that trap thrower around.

I step outside at least once or twice a week and shoot at the gongs behind the house.

I certainly hope the "gongs" are not the Asian neighbors.