Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: German preps requirement

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    When did this thread stop being about emergency food preps and turn into instructions on how to vet a group of insurgents?
    Well, it is WSF........ Are you really that surprised?

I really don't care about "stigma" and such. My thought is the gov't recommends 3 days, but they can't even begin to help for two weeks. If we did a mandate and made it two weeks, you would have a lot less issues in emergencies.
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quite true.

Someone said "ammo" and everything went sideways from there.

Seems it took our illustrious leader almost a week to find Louisiana on the map, much less get aid to them.

Problem with flooding is that you might have 10 days preps but if you have no scuba gear you can't get to them!

Word has it that the Czech Republic is following the German and Swiss lead and issuing an alert to gather resources.

I am beginning to wonder if they are anticipating something and trying to equip their populations for the event.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 08-27-2016 at 04:30 PM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    When did this thread stop being about emergency food preps and turn into instructions on how to vet a group of insurgents?
    Wednesday.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Lol, that's funny right there crash!

I know what you mean, KyRat. A whole stash of anything can be borderline useless in a flood, but evac before water reaches your door can be helpful. Not to mention, flooding isn't the only emergency that can occur. Even in a flood, you may not be underwater, but utilities can still be down and food/fuel sources closed because of the flooding in the area/region.

I am not surprised all these countries are "prepping". They saw what Hillary did to other countries as secretary of state and are probably thinking "crap..... if she gets elected...... " Now, I am thinking perhaps another case or two of canned goods may be in order!

You better get a couple of cases of Dinty Moore and a case of beany weenies, those kids are growing like weeds!

I was having lunch with a couple of friends the other day and emergency food came up as we were discussing the German situation. One of the guys made comment that he needed to buy a couple of cases of MREs. The other guy asked it they were any good he had never eaten any.

Now this man has a wife that is a gourmet cook. I told him to never allow an MRE in the house, his wife would take one bite and swat him over the head with a rolled up newspaper and file for divorce based on spouse abuse.

He has a granddaughter about the same age as Abbie who stays with them a good deal so we decided a case of spaghetti-Os and mini-ravioli was a better idea.

That list the Swiss mandate is a really extensive food supply. I could live for a month on that stash.

bleh......Dinty Moore......way too salty. Besides.....BACON WRAPPED SPAM is da BOM!!!
    "But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government."

~~Declaration of Independence

Bacon wrapped anything is da bom.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

If you read the sidebar on the Swiss list, they realize their location is an issue.
    They are also more worried about a hacked electrical grid than civil unrest.
    We should be more worried about that here as well.
    It's already been proven multiple times that the US is not in any way cyber-secure.
    Not even close.

I've been seeing ads lately from AllState insurance, all having to deal with emergency stock. Their blog about it is interesting, but they need more experienced writers. Something is better than nothing though. And funny, all of the comments have at least one person that tells the blogger, "you forgot the gun and ammo." Then a second person pooh-poohs the need for a gun. Then a third person points out you might want that gun when those who are unprepared come for your stuff...
    Last edited by LowKey; 08-28-2016 at 07:16 AM.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

A few good points in the recent posts on this page.

If it isn't palatable, what good is it going to do you. Stocking what you like (and others like) is needed. I am not a picky eater and find things which are otherwise mediocre are fabulous under certain circumstances. I do have a picky eater in my house and must remain aware of that.

Bacon solves everything!

Guns, well, everyone has there own thoughts on them. Most of us here are similar in thought on the subject. However, the first line of defense is silence. People who don't know or understand what you have won't have a reason to come. This is highly overlooked. A gun makes a good plan B though, in my opinion.

One of the better aspects of mandated preps is that everyone has them, therefore there is limited compulsion to kick the neighbors' door down searching for food.

The main reason the Germans were invoking this set of regulations was to avoid panic buying when something does occur. Apparently they have had the German equivalent of Black Friday after some of the recent attacks.

It also makes it easier on the population when they put the entire nation into "lockdown" after a terror attack.

Can't do that over here you say????

Remember Boston after the Marathon attacks, they shut a major American city down without declaring ML.

As pretty much always, I agree with you KyRat. Whatever the thought behind the German's prepping, I doubt it will curb panic purchasing, at least if the same/similar thing occurred here. Look at the gun scares we have had! People stockpiling things because of the uncertainty of "I may never get it again". I think food will be much more! A guy with a family may have a month of food available, but if an issue occurs, he will most likely think "what if that isn't enough?!!!!". He will still go to the store and by as much as the money in his pockets will allow and make sure the tanks are topped off on the way home! Heck, we have panic buying here after every little thing. A light dusting of snow clears out the local grocer of bread, milk, and eggs every time. (I guess snow is the signal to make French toast????) I am sure most of us remember 9/11 and how gas stations were running out of gas because everyone was trying to have every bit of their tanks and cans filled ASAP. Panic purchasing has always occurred and I believe it will continue to always occur.

If my residence falls under Martial Law boundaries (highly unlikely given where I live) then I am not staying in my house. I will be bugging out to a place outside the hot zone. No way will I subject my family to that nonsense!

Overall I think that prepping has gotten increasingly popular over in Europe and Germany particular. For example EDC and prepping are buzz terms going around there, etc. But it would be interesting to hear from anyone living there.