Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oetzi The Iceman clothes and gear .........

Quote Originally Posted by KY
    A mysterious visitor from out of town with lots of tattoos, in a small village filled with what would one day become Italian chicks. Now that's just a recipe for disaster.

Sounds like a sailor to me. Maybe even a bubblehead.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    [/COLOR]

Sounds like a sailor to me. Maybe even a bubblehead.
    Yeah, you're probably...................HEY! Wait a minute.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Somebody oughta make a cool drama/adventure movie out of this.
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails.

- William Arthur Ward

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingTree View Post
    Somebody oughta make a cool drama/adventure movie out of this.
    they can't, John Wayne is dead and Clint Eastwood and Charles Bronson are too old.

I can see Charles Bronson as Oetzi, Lee VanCleve as the jealous husband, Shopia Loren as the hot prehistoric Italian chick..

At least that is the way it would have been in the '70s.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Wait. What? Those folks are old? Man, that just ain't right. I have uttered Bronson's famous words in Battle of the Bulge on so many occasions. "Wait a minute. What the he!!?"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Archaeologists, especially European ones, have great difficulty in interpreting outdoor gear when it is of primitive nature. They are normally no required to go outside.

They can not fully relate to the gear used for hunting with a bow because they have no reference point. Bow hunting is illegal in most of Europe.

Lack of a point of reference is a problem most academics have in any given field. Ever seen a college educated engineer try to climb a step ladder and change a light bulb?

I still remember when Oetzi was discovered. I was in history graduate school and we were discussing it in a seminar.

The professor was all; why was he there and why was he shot and why did they not take his axe since it was so valuable and why was his bow unfinished and why did he have no arrows?????

I remember looking at him and asking, "You have never been chased by a jealous husband have you?"
    Wow, one of the most ill informed replies I've ever seen on a forum regardless of topic, I presume your American LOL and clearly have no idea what happens in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by harrypalmer View Post
    Wow, one of the most ill informed replies I've ever seen on a forum regardless of topic, I presume your American LOL and clearly have no idea what happens in the real world.
    Mr Palmer I know you from a couple of the British forums and see that you are starting with a big bang here.

Good luck with that.

Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Yes the arrow clipped an artery and he was dead in minutes according to the pathology.

The absence of the arrow, entering under the shoulder blade where he could not have removed it himself due to the position, was the reason I came up with the jealous husband theory.

Someone had to remove the arrow, but not take any of his other gear, including that most precious copper axe.

They wanted him dead, but they were not after his stuff.

Only three murder motives; sex, money, revenge.

Since they did not take his stuff it had to be one of the other two motives.

If it was a revenge killing due to a feud or insult they would have still taken trophies to prove their power.

Oetzi was a very private killing with no loot or trophies taken to show power or status. It was as if the killer did not want anyone to know it had happened. Payback for stealing a wife, or girlfriends affection they wanted no one to know happened. Especially true if Oetzi had been a well liked visitor in the village he was escaping from. Possibly too well liked by some?

Possibly more than one man wanted him dead! After all, Oetzi was getting out of Dodge in a hurry with half finished gear and not enough arrows, risking a trip through one of the most dangerous passes in the world during a snow storm. He was running from someone that was very mad or very powerful.

It is also possible that Oetzi was not the best shot in the world. Why else would his quiver hold only a couple of finished arrows. No one sits around town with an empty quiver, any hunter or warrior replaces lost arrows as quickly as possible, so surely Oetzi started his flight with a full quiver and used them up in a running fight. He then cut fresh arrow shafts to work on as he traveled.

So Oetzi was a craftsman of copper according to the arsenic in his blood stream, and possibly a Shepard according to the forensic analysis of his bones and organs, and lived in an agricultural based society centered on village life according to the contents of his stomach and the archaeological history of his area. He was an Austrian visiting Italy according to the isotopes in his bone structure.

A mysterious visitor from out of town with lots of tattoos, in a small village filled with what would one day become Italian chicks. Now that's just a recipe for disaster. Better lock up your women folks!
    Back then, killing someone in jealousy or revenge was not a reason to hide the killing... They would have brought his body to town and displayed it as a warning, taken his gear as spoils and maybe even told the story to their grandkids if the event was memorable enough... Unless he was very popular I guess... He was probably a rockstar who could do no wrong, he was a copper-smith... So EVERYONE probably would have been pissed if some jealous guy who was losing attention from the ladies to this outsider just outright killed their ONLY copper-smith... So they went on a "hunting trip" and only one of them went home with a story about being attacked by dragons... Barely escaped if it weren't for the copper-smith selflessly drawing the attack onto himself...

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Mr Palmer I know you from a couple of the British forums and see that you are starting with a big bang here.

Good luck with that.
    That was quick....spend the afternoon weed whacking and DRAMA (ship) happens....LOL
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Yea, I went to the village, bought gas for the mower and a burger, mowed the front lawn and he was gone!

Quote Originally Posted by walks.in2.trees View Post
    Back then, killing someone in jealousy or revenge was not a reason to hide the killing... They would have brought his body to town and displayed it as a warning, taken his gear as spoils and maybe even told the story to their grandkids if the event was memorable enough... Unless he was very popular I guess... He was probably a rockstar who could do no wrong, he was a copper-smith... So EVERYONE probably would have been pissed if some jealous guy who was losing attention from the ladies to this outsider just outright killed their ONLY copper-smith... So they went on a "hunting trip" and only one of them went home with a story about being attacked by dragons... Barely escaped if it weren't for the copper-smith selflessly drawing the attack onto himself...

Back then there were no towns. Just sayin..............
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

The investigators also discovered that he had taken a bad beating just before he got out of Dodge.

Seems there were some unhealed bone breaks and other evident trauma.

So he was beaten, run out of the village, then hunted down and shot like a dog.

Someone was really pi$$ed!

Maybe he escaped...almost.

The investigators also discovered that he had taken a bad beating just before he got out of Dodge.

Seems there were some unhealed bone breaks and other evident trauma.

So he was beaten, run out of the village, then hunted down and shot like a dog.

Someone was really pi$$ed!
    Tribe...Town... Herd, pack, flock, Yoga class... A social group is a social group and they all have the same checks and balances.

Maybe there was a bit too much arsenic, eh? And he wasn't quite right upstairs? I don't recall if arsenic poisoning does that, but, maybe there was lead involved too
    Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Back then there were no towns. Just sayin..............

Last edited by walks.in2.trees; 08-24-2016 at 04:01 PM.

Maybe he tried to start a group hug and talk about his feelings...

Quote Originally Posted by walks.in2.trees View Post
    maybe there was lead involved too
    He probably never got the recall notice for the lead based paint he was using for his cave paintings. That danged T-Rex express just wasn't all that reliable........kept running off to chase food.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Not invented yet....

Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27