Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who carries what 24/7?

Default Who carries what 24/7?

What do you ALWAYS have with you, everyday of the year?

On my person 24/7:
    Leatherman Multi-tool
    Mini-mag flashlight
    Suunto Watch (compass/altimeter/barometer/digital watch)
    Survival bracelet (10 ft. paracord, mini-compass)

In my backpack carried to work everyday:
    swiss knife
    matches
    bandana
    survival tin (usual stuff: fishing line, garbage bag, hooks, snare wire, wire saw, ibuprofen, aspirin, purwater tabs, cotton balls, flint/striker, whistle, mirror, small knife, bandaids, mini-compass, etc.)
    2 energy bars
    deck of playing cards, waterproof

Just curious...thanks!

Cold Steel X2 Voyager ,Swiss knife and Leatherman , E2 Executive Surefire and the Petzl LED light , Bic lighter and mag fire stick , Vaseline Cotton , DMT knife sharpener , Pain pills , STRING ..That is just what is on me .. Not what is in my pack
    Do it with what you got and you want need what you don't have

I carry what I know, but do try to dress to fit the environment I'm walking into
    A good soldier is a poor scout - Cheyenne

The secret of the man who is universally interesting is that he is universally interested
    William Dean Howells

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover - Mark Twain

3.5' blade stainless folder, bick lighter, toenail clippers, Swiss+ Tech Utili-key. nothing special, just useful things i tend to use often.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Old Timer pocket knife, Howler whistle, Photon light, metal match, P38, mini compass, tube of char cloth.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

leathermen wave, tool logic credit card sized tool, buck para trooper folder bic

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Survival "FAT"

If one can get his onboard FAT layer thick enough He will have 2 or 3 months of survival energy wrapped in skin, it seems to have a long shelf life. Why have fanny packs, just have a large fanny. This way your survival energy is always with you. You can't forget it, It can't fall off the boat, and be lost. Be fat, be happy. 6 Months into TSHTF would you rather be skin and bone, or a full blown water buffalo....???? "Butterbutts will survive", "Butterbutts will thrive".......

A folding knife, ( I own a few) small LED flashlight, lighter and some cash. Always. And an attitude composed of both a sense of perseverance and a sense of curiousity.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

outdoors related : leatherman wave, zippo lighter w/ 2 extra flints and a live .22 shell in the case ( dont really know why, its just there), a folding pocket knife in my sock and about 3 feet of fishing line. i usually have a tube of super glue on me somewhere.

other: Buck Knighthawk ( 7.5" version) iv always got a guitar pick, 400 Cad, 100 Usd, a sewing needle and a forged Drivers license in my wallet (just in case).

gerber leatherman micra lighter led light survival tin food in truck maglite solitare and AA maglite swiss knife firesteel petzl elite

Super Leatherman, folding knife of my choice for the day, fishing line and hooks in my wallet and a bic lighter.

My wits, knife, light, lighter, firearm, multi-tool, cell phone, cordage.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

As I'm reading this I emptied my pockets.
    SOG folder, two lighters (one has a flashlight in it.) Whistle, P-38 and metal match on keys, button compass, 20ft. of 2mm braided nylon cord (150lb test), orange bandanna w/survival instruction printed on it. Cord w/swisstek intelikey, Inova led light and mini magnesium stick.
    I keep a small kit in my coat with, as my friends say more 'junk'. I like stuff, and belive we are tool using monkeys.

That is what I carry all the time.

Banned

Right now I'm on business down in the States......I'm carrying Trojan Lubricated XLT's, super reservoir condoms and Lysol Wipes (for sensitive skin).
    Last edited by BraggSurvivor; 02-18-2008 at 10:29 PM.

alone we march

I have:
    Mag-lite, Bic lighter, Leatherman multi-tool, Small folding knife, 10m Paracord, Mobile phone, fishing line and a few hooks and a small amount of cash. oh and some polymer glue
    Last edited by Eagles Talon; 02-19-2008 at 07:09 AM.

(FMR) Wilderness Guide pgvoutdoors's Avatar
    Blog Entries

On average I carry the following on my person. I also carry a Mountainsmith "Day" lumbar pack most of the time. It's capable of carrying a fair amount of gear. But the following is just the few things I like to keep on me at all times.

Spyderco "Native" clip pocket knife, Tikka head lamp, Gerber malti-tool, Bic lighter, Small Steel Match, (3) Trioxane heat tablets, Dog Tags w/ (Fox 40 whistle, John Wayne can opener, Medical Alert Tag), Tissue paper, I.D., Cell Phone, Cash, and $1.50 in Quarters.
    "Just Get Out!"
    WildernessSkillsTrailhead.com

I work from home! I get to carry a lot as EDC.

Leatherman Crunch and Super Tool. Sak. Frost Mora. Belt buckle knife. Swiss key. Gerber scissors. Bic. Zippo. 2 other lighters. Matches in my wallet. Ferris rob on my sheath for the Mora. Pen. Penile. Gerber infinity flash light. Mini Mag changed to LED. Just to name some of it.

Don
    No one knows more about a task then the person that does it, Practice makes perfect!

Don - Do you light up when you use the microwave?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeak View Post
    If one can get his onboard FAT layer thick enough He will have 2 or 3 months of survival energy wrapped in skin, it seems to have a long shelf life. Why have fanny packs, just have a large fanny. This way your survival energy is always with you. You can't forget it, It can't fall off the boat, and be lost. Be fat, be happy. 6 Months into TSHTF would you rather be skin and bone, or a full blown water buffalo....???? "Butterbutts will survive", "Butterbutts will thrive".......
    LOL...that's funny!
    "The ability for a person to prevail in a survival situation is based on three factors: survival knowledge, equipment, and will to survive. All are important, but the most important is the will to survive." -Greg Davenport

non-senior senior member Assassin Pilot's Avatar

I would carry around my pocketknife and stuff, but that will get me expelled from school if I'm caught. So I just carry my pocketknife around on the weekends. And usually my clothes too.

Why is there a red minivan in front of my driveway just sitting there? It came before I started typing this and it is still there, doing nothing.....
    "He who throws dirt is losing ground"