Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In Case You Wondered

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Default In Case You Wondered

Why do you keep that in the car?

What a waste of time!

You don't really expect anything like that to happen!

What's the matter with you?

Just in case you have to justify anything to anyone with a short memory or no memory, here's your best shot for 2016...

http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/nort...i-12/297281066

If you have no drinking water, no Snickers bars and no pee bottle you are in a world of hurt!
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 08-17-2016 at 07:55 PM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Welcome from Alaska.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post

What a waste of time!

Just in case you have to justify anything to anyone with a short memory of no memory, here's your best shot for 2016...

If you have no drinking water, no Snickers bars and no pee bottle you are in a world of hurt!
    Yup.....................
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by 1stimestar View Post
    Welcome from Alaska.
    Have you been drinking again?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Kinda early.......?

There was a 24 hour I-90 shut down...motorist stranded in a blizzard here a few years ago........I still don't know why took so long to get everyone at least rescued.

But these are the reasons I pack so much stuff,.......and when the neighbor ask to borrow the truck and see the stuff in the back...says never mind.

Sitting in traffic on I-40 in Arkansas..... the construction crew went home and just left the blockage without traffic control.......Lady in the SUV next to us had the news on her smart phone......said "Yup, we are stuck....didn't know how long before the State police would get there"
    I just answered "Ship Happens"...it took about an hour to get going again.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

1stTime don't need no stinkin' car. She gotta aeroplane. She zoom like superman. Won't talk about no peein' from the aeroplane though.

I once saw a barf bag ejected at 10,000 feet, why not a pee bottle?

And if a #2 occurs, a deuce would literally be dropped....
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

What a waste of time!

Just in case you have to justify anything to anyone with a short memory or no memory, here's your best shot for 2016...

I bet that shell station is making a killing ........

I keep a minimum of 3 bags in my vehicle...
    1. a 20L - has water [and Gatorade in the heat], firestarters, blade, paracord and other common "emergency" stuff.
    2. another 20L - has more water, extra ammo and IFAK.
    3. has a my plate carrier, rifle and magazines

Pisses off the wife but I don't care.
    "But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government."

~~Declaration of Independence

Quote Originally Posted by Druid
    Pisses off the wife but I don't care.

If she finds out you posted that you will probably need the plate carrier.

Do they make Buttocks Protector plates.....????

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Do they make Buttocks Protector plates.....????
    Dunno but it might look something like this....

...guess I could use the 6x6 side plates in modified boxers..... .......
    "But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government."

That forest Gump clip reminds me that we did have a guy here a while back that advocated the use of Kevlar underwear!

Tried to find that thread unsuccessfully.

Seems that when folks start with the body armor it seems to affect them somehow. Don't know why?

He was finally banned, not that you will be Druid, different sort entirely.

In fact your swat team might one day be meeting him, at which point you will have to shoot him in the foot due to that being the only place kevlar is absent.

I prefer to stay away from situations that require body armor....an don't really feel like trying to explain havin it.... when or if, I were stopped for a burned out taillight.....or what ever.

I put making it to the next exit,.... in a bad traffic situation....my top priority.

I saw a poop bag flung off El Capitan... another life...

That forest Gump clip reminds me that we did have a guy here a while back that advocated the use of Kevlar underwear!

Tried to find that thread unsuccessfully.

Seems that when folks start with the body armor it seems to affect them somehow. Don't know why?

He was finally banned, not that you will be Druid, different sort entirely.

In fact your swat team might one day be meeting him, at which point you will have to shoot him in the foot due to that being the only place kevlar is absent.
    - - ......well.....lol on that guy.....

Well, the whole matter [to me] is one that surrounds 'being prepared.' You have to try and envision what it is you are preparing for, without needing a 70' trailer being hauled around town behind your F-450 Gawdmobile.....that being said, I chose to divide my "needs" into two 20L bags and the third is solely defensive firearm because it all can be neatly stored in the spare tire/false floor of the car [my smallest vehicle].

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    I prefer to stay away from situations that require body armor....an don't really feel like trying to explain havin it.... when or if, I were stopped for a burned out taillight.....or what ever.

I put making it to the next exit,.... in a bad traffic situation....my top priority.
    Well, I'd hope that everyone would try to avoid situations where they'd need body armor....but the sad and true fact is, today's society is in an unprecedented decline of moral, ethical and behavioral standards. I seriously doubt there's anywhere in the populated US where someone is truly safe from something ready to hurt them.

As for 'having to explain having' body armor....I believe it's still 100% legal in every State for non-criminals/felons to possess body armor. Of course, I'm not all-knowing of States' individual laws.......but I believe that to be true. And as such, if your armor/firearms are in a 'gray-man' gym bag, who'd know unless you opened it? Besides....being pulled over for faulty equipment doesn't necessarily progress to an immediate search of the vehicle - unless the police see/smell weed/paraphernalia, alcohol [or bottles] or any other suspicious items in plain view, there's no legal reason to. Probable Cause and reasonable suspicion must still be justified to conduct the search - and asserting your Constitutional Rights on its own does not constitute Probable Cause or Reasonable Suspicion to warrant that search. If the Officer requires you to step out of the vehicle, follow their orders and do so....but lock it with the key fob upon your exit.
    ....oh and record the entire incident on your phone. It's not illegal [per the SCOTUS] to record an Officer conducting their lawful duties, in uniform, in public.

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    I saw a poop bag flung off El Capitan... another life...
    um....ew?

It's a F-250..... Big Red...they didn't have the F-350 Dually at time.....LOL.....and the trailer is only 12'.....or I should say "one of the trailers"?

Anyway........I do keep water in the truck(s).......

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Hahhaha apparently! I thought I was replying to a newbie, replied with my standard, then closed the window and went to the next tab. Then I realized THAT was the thread I thought I was replying to. I wondered which thread I actually posted on.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by 1stimestar View Post
    Hahhaha apparently! I thought I was replying to a newbie, replied with my standard, then closed the window and went to the next tab. Then I realized THAT was the thread I thought I was replying to. I wondered which thread I actually posted on.
    It's starting........Gets worse, or better depending on how you look at it......
    You can't remember what you had for breakfast,....but get to meet new friends real often.....LOL

What is really bad is when you read that "Welcome from Alaska" post and already know what happened!

We may all be getting forgetful, need the occasional extra post it note, forget what we came in here for or miss the turn off we take every day for 10 years...

but the alternative really sucks!

BTW if anyone sees my .36 Colt Navy hang onto it, I can't find it anywhere!
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 08-20-2016 at 11:09 PM.