Thread: Alligator Bite

Default Alligator Bite

A woman had her hand mostly severed by an alligator bite last night at Willard's Camp.

I have posted pictures and videos from old man Willard's place before. And if you remember the video of the girls wakeboarding behind the airboat. That was filmed at Willard's.

Willard's is located in Everglades Water Conservation Area 2A. Which is the area of the glades closest to me.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2016/08/12...book_CBS_Miami

https://youtu.be/KRiiNGTQazE

The gator probably swam to investigate the splash when the can fell in. He was there looking at the can when it moved when she touched it he reacted. 2A has a lot of alligators and historically was know to be home to a lot of really large gators. It had a reputation for being home to the largest gators in the glades.

Alligators in the glades have been getting skinnier lately. For reasons no one is sure about.

When giggin frogs in 2A you will slide over a lot of gators. I'd say we slid over between 20 and 30 gators last time I went gigging in 2A. Actually, you slide over the gators when riding the trails out to the frogs.

Still alligator attacks are rare and I don't believe there has ever been a fatal attack recorded in that part of the glades. A couple of instances where boys have fallen on top of alligators. There father (and mother in one instance) jumped in to save them. Further south in an urban canal a woman was killed by an alligator. I used to take my kids tubing behind my bass boat in that canal.

I guess if you are there and they are there you need to deal with them.....?I'm sorry
    Almost sounds like a fluke?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

That, my friends. That right there is why I don't mess with dinosaurs. That's why they are on the list. That's why I don't live in Florida or any other forlorn region that houses the critters. No sir. Not gonna be a statistic unless one of 'em figures out how to wear a parka and how to hitchhike.