Thread: Obsessed with Cheetah's

Default Obsessed with Cheetah's

What is your favorite Case knife? I'll admit, I have become obsessed with the case Cheetah. It's not the most practical knife, but it is the coolest I think, well maybe, Heck I don't know! All I do know is that I now have around 8 of them and keep buying them. The ones that have collector value are at least $100, this has got to stop someday.........Grrrrrrrrrr
    I think I need therapy!!..............Help?
    Oh, and I also love the Elephant toe, a weird knife that few people have anymore! They cost even more.............help again!!
    Somebody give me shock therapy please!!

The two Cheetah's pictured are the Silver script Type and are getting harder to find every day! I have a couple of rare Cheetah's that are valued at around $130 and few are worth less than $100. They seem to be gaining value faster than any other Case right now, plus they are cool, I think..........LOL

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

These are just the pictures I had on my phone!!
    Last edited by Wildthang; 07-27-2016 at 01:11 PM.

Oh and my other obsession is Buck 110's, wait till you see those..........LOL

Oh, I love fixed blades too, I have a bunch of those!

Oh, I forgot to tell that I also have a few Case Trappers too, one of my other favorites

At least it's not Handi Rifles.......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    At least it's not Handi Rifles.......
    LOL you have a good point Hunter!!

Case Knives have always been the one in the display cases in the stores,.....that I never ......
    Actually saw a collection that was a full display with all new knives in it...from the 1960's....didn't even ask "How Much?"

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Case Knives have always been the one in the display cases in the stores,.....that I never ......
    Actually saw a collection that was a full display with all new knives in it...from the 1960's....didn't even ask "How Much?"
    It would have been a lot! Case knives are the most collected knives in the world. It is amazing that a knife made in 2010 can already be worth over a hundred dollars. The Cranberry Bone in the picture cost me $105, and new it probably cost $60 to $70. That's was New condition in the original box!

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I have several Case brand knives I use on a regular basis.

My EDC pocket knife is a Case medium stockman. If I ever have to really press a knife into survival service it will probably be that medium stockman because that will be what is present 24/7.

I have a Cheetah that was my EDC knife for about 25 years from the late '60s through the early '90s. Lots of carry wear on that one and a modification for easy opening. It fit neatly alongside my wallet in the back pocket and gathered no attention.

BTW, when I bought my Cheetah, back in '68, it was called a "Scout" and was marketed as a folding hunting knife and was the only lock blade that Case made. Soon after that they came out with their Mako, which was a lose copy of the Buck 110.

I also have a couple of fixed blade Case "hunting knives" and the mandatory Old Forge butcher knives in the kitchen.

It is not a "collection" and every one of them has been sharpened and seen use in the field of for daily carry.

I know that if I buy a Case it will be a good quality product and serve me well. Both my grandfathers carried Case pocket knives and my family has had confidence in them for nearly 100 years.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 07-27-2016 at 05:03 PM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Always wanted one.....just drooled and didn't by one......

If it helps any when I bought my "cheetah" they were $15 if my memory serves me correctly, could have been $20.

Of course I was in high school and making $1.55 an hour working at Kroger so I am pretty sure it was $15. I would not have dropped 1/3 a paycheck on a knife, even a Case.

Did you know that they make the Cheetah without the swing out finger guards? They look like a skinny one blade trapper!

I read that the elephant toes were used by guys on ships. The elephant toe blade is so large and tough that they could baton it through a large shipping rope if they needed to cut it fast in an emergency situation.
    Also there was a period that Case didn't make the Cheetah, cant remember the year they stopped making it. The Cheetah has a more colorful story than any other Case knife!
    Case also used to make a larger knife called the Jaguar, it is quite a bit larger than the Cheetah. The Cheetah little brother is called the Cheetah Cub, a small version of the Cheetah!!

One I always wanted was a medium Texas Toothpick with the locking blade of the Cheetah. I would have settled for a liner lock TT.

I have only seen one in my life and the owner refused to part with it. The locking Texas Toothpick was already out of production in 1968, which is why I bought the Cheetah I own.

The picture of the Case Cheetah brought back memories of a summer job in the national forest during my college years. Isolated in a camp that was supplied by helicopter, we had little else to do in our spare time except look at mail order catalogs and grow our beards. As a young, immature fellow, I thought it really cool to order the biggest folding knife I could find and to carry it in my pocket - the swing guard made it seem even more cool and wilderness outdoorsy. Returning to college in the fall, I carried it around for a while to show everyone that I had worked outdoors.

Unfortunately, good looking college women were not impressed by my showing off and I soon found a more useful pocket knife for the life I led. The big swing guard knife was misplaced during a series of moves, but I still have the pocket knife habit - without using an overly large knife trying to be cool. Thanks for the reminder.