Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I freakin' told you guys.

Default I freakin' told you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by SOE digital View Post
    Whatta ya reckon?
    It's probably true, I heard from locals that when they were in Moab, Utah, they stayed at an inn in town.

Now we just have to wait for all the teenaged fan boys to burst in here making up excuses for Grylls.

I wonder if he ever even made it up Everest

Blog Entries

Wink Aww, c'mon you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by SOE digital View Post
    Cut the dude some slack, maybe "room service" sucked! ;>)
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

I don't care if he stayed in a hotel or not. What matters to me is what I am capable of doing in a survival situation. bear

Blog Entries

Wink Trust.

It's like I always say, don't trust Television programs or Hollywood to be totally honest. Bear has a lot of charisma to draw viewers in. That's what Discovery Channel was banking on. Still enjoy watching his programs though. Wonder if that hotel had bugs and elephant dung on the room service menu. ;>)
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

yes he stayed in hotels but he still goes out in the wild and does all those things so come on hes a hollywood star of course he isnt gonna rough it that much

Blog Entries

Exclamation The point is....

Quote Originally Posted by man.vs.wild View Post
    yes he stayed in hotels but he still goes out in the wild and does all those things so come on hes a hollywood star of course he isnt gonna rough it that much
    Here's the point, dawg: He's been dishonest in his presentation. He's implied, if nothing else, that he's going through the exact same thing that others have gone through; of course they did without the hotels. It would have been more real if he actually went through the additional problems of boredom, loneliness, & the extra danger he would have faced had he stayed out there like the real people facing the survival situation did, and like Les Stroud does...and by the way, Les DOES have a 2nd season coming up; wonder if Mr. Grylls will get a third?
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Dang...He even told OPRAH that it was the real deal... I'm shattered. I see a major role for Grylls coming up on Snakes on a Plane 2!

The more you watch the show, the more staged it appears. I'm sure it's tough for Bear to sleep in the rain with a shrirt stuffed like a scarecrow when there is 10 grand worth of killer outdoor gear 100 feet away with the crew.

At least Stroud admits he throws in the rag and calls the safety team in...Man vs Wild is a bit too misleading at times... but the entertainment factor is there.

Wink Just a Few Q's? (all respect to bear though)

Im a pretty big fan of the show even though i've doubted for a very long time his show is as sincere as its being represented to be. Most of my questions deal with the camera crew...i mean, amazingly they follow him throughout the ordeal and are in the same enviroment he is in. If he is so FAR out in the country the crew would be stuck in the same area which leaves only two possibilities 1.) they pitch a cam crew tent filled with luxuries such as food,water,electronics,etc...if this is the choice it would be mighty tempting for bear or any sane human not to hop in the ole' tent 2.) they are on a predetermined scouted route that allows them access to shelter such as (hotels,inns,or a camp set up ahead of time) Im not bashing Bear b/c i believe he is one of the most intelligent, entertaining, and greatest survival experts out there...and even if he is keepin some secrets...dont we all?

I was recently telling a friend of mine about Bear Grylls and “Idiot vs Wild.”

My friend has a brother who lives in the Sierra’s who told him about “some guy with an accent” being filmed by a film crew flopping around in a ditch on the side of the road.

I thought it was possible that this was our boy. I forwarded the TimesOnline article to my friend who replied that the “The Pines Resort at Bass Lake” (the hotel mentioned in the article) is where his sister-in-law works.

Coincidence?

Default next season of mvw?

"It's been 7 minutes since I rang room service and still....nothing...perhaps I can set some deadfalls and catch a rodent or a roach here in the room. But hold on! There's a rather tasty dish heading for the elevator! She must weigh a few stone! I could skin her with me $700 knife and toast the tasty bits on the room's heater. There we go, starvation averted again. After that I'll jump off me balcony to show me viewers the correct procedure for crushing tiles with one's skull....So bloody hungry I'm beginning to hear a ringing in my ears. Oh never mind, it's only room service at the door, get that bloody camera out of the way so I can have dinner!"
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Default apologies

Bear probably didn't deserve that, it was just too much fun to resist
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

You guys are missing the point. He drank water from an ELEPHANT TURD!! He PISSED IN HIS OWN CANTEEN!! Not to mention he eats bugs and worms on a regular basis. Thats entertainment of the highest order.

OK, I confess ....I've never seen his show, so now I'm a little confused. Did he drink water from the elephant turd because he'd already pissed in his own canteen?? Because yeah, that's right up there with Masterpiece Theatre and Shakespeare and whatever, ....

Quote Originally Posted by zadig39 View Post
    You guys are missing the point. He drank water from an ELEPHANT TURD!! He PISSED IN HIS OWN CANTEEN!! Not to mention he eats bugs and worms on a regular basis. Thats entertainment of the highest order.
    Oh don't get me wrong. I watch the show. I like to see what kind of crazy move this guy is going to make next.

That and he goes to a lot of places I’d like to see myself. I would, however, somehow restrain myself from throwing myself over a waterfall or eating poo once I get there despite Bear’s advice to the contrary.

True...no matter how fake or unreal the show may or may not be, Bear Grylls is entertaining

Blog Entries

Wink This is great! ;>)

Quote Originally Posted by trax View Post
    "It's been 7 minutes since I rang room service and still....nothing...perhaps I can set some deadfalls and catch a rodent or a roach here in the room. But hold on! There's a rather tasty dish heading for the elevator! She must weigh a few stone! I could skin her with me $700 knife and toast the tasty bits on the room's heater. There we go, starvation averted again. After that I'll jump off me balcony to show me viewers the correct procedure for crushing tiles with one's skull....So bloody hungry I'm beginning to hear a ringing in my ears. Oh never mind, it's only room service at the door, get that bloody camera out of the way so I can have dinner!"
    "Ahh yes, I'm finally out of the wilderness after 5 really rough hours...er...days eating bugs & snakes, drinking out of really large turds, and reshooting every scene over at least 3 times, and what's that in the distance? It appears to be a human habitation of some sort....Hmmm...Holiday Inn Express.....;>)
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

Did he really? You know, the way I think of things, if he deceived about the hotels, did he really squeeze water from crap? or was it tv. Was it ENTERTAINMENT!

And thus answers my question why when we were in the jungle for weeks, we got rashs after the first day, he spends a week and no rash.

Hmmmmmm, can it be TV???

Quote Originally Posted by FVR View Post

Did he really? You know, the way I think of things, if he deceived about the hotels, did he really squeeze water from crap? or was it tv. Was it ENTERTAINMENT!

And thus answers my question why when we were in the jungle for weeks, we got rashs after the first day, he spends a week and no rash.

Hmmmmmm, can it be TV???
    I’m certain some is TV but the thing you said about rashes doesn’t make sense. If you got rashes after the first day its because your immune system wasn’t well adapted, for example natives of the jungle aren’t covered in rashes. Not everyone’s allergic to the same thing, not everyone’s going to have the same reaction. I believe he went to the jungle if they showed him in the jungle mostly because that would be cheaper and easier to just go there then recreating it. I think its going a bit overboard to say the hole thing was filmed in a studio. I could see saying he wasn’t really lost and he slept in a hotel but not that he wasn’t really there at all. Besides being in the jungle isn’t that amazing, not amazing enough to doubt it and nether is eating bugs. I do think he’s a fake about some things but lets not get carried away.
    Last edited by owl_girl; 07-23-2007 at 07:51 PM.