Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I freakin' told you guys.

I don't think you can say EVERY tip he has is wrong. This may be common knowledge but the first time I heard about pointing a watch horizontal with the hour hand pointing at the sun and a line between the hour hand and the number 12 points north-south.
    Survival Skill - Personal Outdoors Survival Blog and Resources
    Nevada Carry - Nevada Concealed Carry Information and Resources

Blog Entries

Exclamation Watch/compass.

Quote Originally Posted by NevadaCarry View Post
    I don't think you can say EVERY tip he has is wrong. This may be common knowledge but the first time I heard about pointing a watch horizontal with the hour hand pointing at the sun and a line between the hour hand and the number 12 points north-south.
    Remember, it depends on what hemisphere you're in. You can also do it with a digital watch by drawing the current time on a hand-drawn analouge face, either on a piece of paper, or in the dirt/sand. My only complaint here is that Bear should have mentioned that one right off & demonstrated how to do it using a digital watch.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

Wink Water be bad, Kemo Sabe!

Quote Originally Posted by wolf View Post
    EVERY "TIP" BEAR HAS IS SOMTHING THAT IS WRONG OR MIGHT KILL YOU! He saw a water supply, but "knew" it was poison by the dead animals next to it. It must have been VERY poisonous if animals just drop dead after one sip.
    Didn't I see that very same thing on an old "Lone Ranger" episode once?
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by NevadaCarry View Post
    I never understood the point of this tip. Watch the setting sun, real subtle like turn to your right, you got north. Or, if it is morning, do the opposite. If it is in the middle of the day stick a stick in the ground and mark the shadow, wait a few minutes and see which direction the shadow moved.

Why do you need a watch?

Anyways, yes, a lot of his "tips" are dangerous. He does so many things Survivorman (who is truly on his own) would never do as they are just plain stupid and could get yourself hurt. Bear has a crew with him, so he can do these stunts. For instance climbing down a waterfall. Or I remember one time he scaled a cliff when you could see behind him maybe a half mile to a mile up the ridgeline it turned into a gentle slope.

Sure, it makes for compelling TV, but its things like that that makes me think they need a disclaimer reminding people it is a dramatization, not real, and that Bear has help a real stranded person would not have.

Default if we examine the evidence...

Based on what Sarge and Chris have both said, it seems that Bear should have Tonto with him to keep him out of these scrapes, lol.

Chris, I absolutely agree on what you said about finding directions, I knew I didn't have to go out and buy a watch!!
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Quote Originally Posted by owl_girl View Post
    Yah I’ve been wet 24/7 for a week.
    O M G will u marry me? What? were talking about jungles? Ohhh boy now ive gone and embarrassed myself again !

I knew something was up when I found out he was being followed by a camera crew. What I want to know is, Why was this guy drinking pee and and elephant turd water, gulping down bugs and frogs and the like, all while his camera crew was cooking steaks on the grill, sipping on beers, and laughing at him the whole time!("Dude, I can't believe he ate that!HAHAHAHAHA!Quick! Tell him to suck the poop juice out of this elephant turd!HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Aw, sick man!)Is he stupid? "Hi, I'm Bear, and welcome to Jackass!" That's what he should say before the beginning of each episode. Well, shucks. I guess there's still SURVIVORMAN...

Quote Originally Posted by NY MtnMan72 View Post
    O M G will u marry me? What? were talking about jungles? Ohhh boy now ive gone and embarrassed myself again !
    Ok then… lol

Blog Entries

Wink Warning!

Quote Originally Posted by NY MtnMan72 View Post
    Careful Dawg, the little lady packs a big, mean machete! ;>)
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin