Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Videos and experiments with guns.!!

I have to say that when something is not ilegal..and someone else don't agree with that and dont want to do it,it is his right...but this is only his opinion about that,he has no right to tell to someone else dont do that because i dont think that it is right..!! This is democrasy...and thats why i really respect others opinion ,but i am not telling them what or not to do if i dont like it...and if i wanted only to have your views to my channel, i would say,yes you are right...i am soory..!! But it is not what i want...i want to talk with people with the same passion with me.and i am always polite...so,now you understand that i really respect your opinion...just don't agree...thank you.!!

Sorry SP guns, this forum is NOT a democracy. It is privately owned. We have lots of members with a wide range of experiences when it comes to firearms. There is a wide range of ages with our membership as well - from 12 years old to way beyond. We also get many visitors via Google searches.

While we are all certainly entitled to our own opinions, this forum will not allow the promotion of unsafe practices. As I said, you have a very entertaining style, but what you are demonstrating is potentially dangerous.

Members here are merely pointing this out so that anybody that views your thread can see that a lot of people with a lot of experience believe that much of what is being portrayed is dangerous and in some cases irresponsible.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Sorry SP guns, this forum is NOT a democracy. It is privately owned. We have lots of members with a wide range of experiences when it comes to firearms. There is a wide range of ages with our membership as well - from 12 years old to way beyond. We also get many visitors via Google searches.

While we are all certainly entitled to our own opinions, this forum will not allow the promotion of unsafe practices. As I said, you have a very entertaining style, but what you are demonstrating is potentially dangerous.

Members here are merely pointing this out so that anybody that views your thread can see that a lot of people with a lot of experience believe that much of what is being portrayed is dangerous and in some cases irresponsible.
    I understand that...and because it is not democrasy you can ban me if you want. I can understand that.i have a lot of experience with guns...i was personal bodyguard of our deputy minister of defense...i trained by the S.W.A.T here to all guns. So i know about guns like you and all the other people to this forum...but i understand that you have different opinion from me and i respect it. No problem to bann me at all..nice to meet you anyway..!!

I'm not looking to ban you. I just want to make sure that there is adequate warning for any viewer that sees your vids that does not have the experience to know the difference. As I said, I find your style very entertaining.

I have requested some guidance to see if warnings from other members are enough to let them stay up.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I'm not looking to ban you. I just want to make sure that there is adequate warning for any viewer that sees your vids that does not have the experience to know the difference. As I said, I find your style very entertaining.

I have requested some guidance to see if warnings from other members are enough to let them stay up.
    Ok..i always like to talk with polite people even if we disagree...i think that the conversation is more interesting when you disagree with someone,..haha... and it is always a chance to learn something.

Here's a compromise. I'll remove vids that are just downright dangerous for anybody to try to duplicate. I appreciate your attitude, and as I said, you have an entertaining style. My concern is for the safety of the uninformed and inexperienced.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Here's a compromise. I'll remove vids that are just downright dangerous for anybody to try to duplicate. I appreciate your attitude, and as I said, you have an entertaining style. My concern is for the safety of the uninformed and inexperienced.
    Ok my friend..!

I built a new target with my father and i am trying to shoot it at 200 m..!!

https://youtu.be/lt-oVpXAACE

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Potassium in its metallic state is not something most folks play with.

Precautions[edit]

File:Potassium water 20.theora.ogv
    Play media

A reaction of potassium metal with water. Hydrogen is produced, and with potassium vapor, burns with a pink or lilac flame. Strongly alkaline potassium hydroxide is formed in solution.
    Potassium metal reacts violently with water producing potassium hydroxide (KOH) and hydrogen gas.
    2 K (s) + 2  H2O (l) → 2 KOH (aq) + H
    2↑ (g)
    This reaction is exothermic and releases enough heat to ignite the resulting hydrogen in the presence of oxygen, possibly explosively splashing onlookers with potassium hydroxide, which is a strong alkali that destroys living tissue and causes skin burns. Finely grated potassium ignites in air at room temperature. The bulk metal ignites in air if heated. Because its density is 0.89 g/cm3, burning potassium floats in water that exposes it to atmospheric oxygen. Many common fire extinguishing agents, including water, either are ineffective or make a potassium fire worse. Nitrogen, argon, sodium chloride (table salt), sodium carbonate (soda ash), and silicon dioxide (sand) are effective if they are dry. Some Class D dry powder extinguishers designed for metal fires are also effective. These agents deprive the fire of oxygen and cool the potassium metal.[104]

Potassium reacts violently with halogens and detonates in the presence of bromine. It also reacts explosively with sulfuric acid. During combustion, potassium forms peroxides and superoxides. These peroxides may react violently with organic compounds such as oils. Both peroxides and superoxides may react explosively with metallic potassium.[105]

Because potassium reacts with water vapor in the air, it is usually stored under anhydrous mineral oil or kerosene. Unlike lithium and sodium, however, potassium should not be stored under oil for longer than 6 months, unless in an inert (oxygen free) atmosphere, or under vacuum. After prolonged storage in air dangerous shock-sensitive peroxides can form on the metal and under the lid of the container, and can detonate upon opening.[106]

Because of the highly reactive nature of potassium metal, it must be handled with great care, with full skin and eye protection and preferably an explosion-resistant barrier between the user and the metal. Ingestion of large amounts of potassium compounds can lead to hyperkalemia strongly influencing the cardiovascular system.[107][108] Potassium chloride is used in the United States for lethal injection executions.[107]
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Potassium in its metallic state is not something most folks play with.

Precautions[edit]

File:Potassium water 20.theora.ogv
    Play media

A reaction of potassium metal with water. Hydrogen is produced, and with potassium vapor, burns with a pink or lilac flame. Strongly alkaline potassium hydroxide is formed in solution.
    Potassium metal reacts violently with water producing potassium hydroxide (KOH) and hydrogen gas.
    2 K (s) + 2  H2O (l) → 2 KOH (aq) + H
    2↑ (g)
    This reaction is exothermic and releases enough heat to ignite the resulting hydrogen in the presence of oxygen, possibly explosively splashing onlookers with potassium hydroxide, which is a strong alkali that destroys living tissue and causes skin burns. Finely grated potassium ignites in air at room temperature. The bulk metal ignites in air if heated. Because its density is 0.89 g/cm3, burning potassium floats in water that exposes it to atmospheric oxygen. Many common fire extinguishing agents, including water, either are ineffective or make a potassium fire worse. Nitrogen, argon, sodium chloride (table salt), sodium carbonate (soda ash), and silicon dioxide (sand) are effective if they are dry. Some Class D dry powder extinguishers designed for metal fires are also effective. These agents deprive the fire of oxygen and cool the potassium metal.[104]

Potassium reacts violently with halogens and detonates in the presence of bromine. It also reacts explosively with sulfuric acid. During combustion, potassium forms peroxides and superoxides. These peroxides may react violently with organic compounds such as oils. Both peroxides and superoxides may react explosively with metallic potassium.[105]

Because potassium reacts with water vapor in the air, it is usually stored under anhydrous mineral oil or kerosene. Unlike lithium and sodium, however, potassium should not be stored under oil for longer than 6 months, unless in an inert (oxygen free) atmosphere, or under vacuum. After prolonged storage in air dangerous shock-sensitive peroxides can form on the metal and under the lid of the container, and can detonate upon opening.[106]

Because of the highly reactive nature of potassium metal, it must be handled with great care, with full skin and eye protection and preferably an explosion-resistant barrier between the user and the metal. Ingestion of large amounts of potassium compounds can lead to hyperkalemia strongly influencing the cardiovascular system.[107][108] Potassium chloride is used in the United States for lethal injection executions.[107]
    Hi.!! Have you any idea what i did wrong..?? Thank you.!!

I am going back to some old chemistry classes but potassium is lighter than water so it floats. Since it floats, it is able to take advantage of the oxygen in the air, coupled with the hydrogen that it creates in water and ignites. Since the pellet is heavier than the potassium it sinks to the bottom and the potassium does not have access to free oxygen. I think you demonstrated it when you picked the small piece of potassium out of the pellet and dropped it in the spilled water. Immersed in water it could not ignite. Released into the spilled water it did have access to oxygen and ignited.

HIGHLY DANGEROUS STUFF!!!!! NOT SUITABLE FOR KIDS.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I am going back to some old chemistry classes but potassium is lighter than water so it floats. Since it floats, it is able to take advantage of the oxygen in the air, coupled with the hydrogen that it creates in water and ignites. Since the pellet is heavier than the potassium it sinks to the bottom and the potassium does not have access to free oxygen. I think you demonstrated it when you picked the small piece of potassium out of the pellet and dropped it in the spilled water. Immersed in water it could not ignite. Released into the spilled water it did have access to oxygen and ignited.

HIGHLY DANGEROUS STUFF!!!!! NOT SUITABLE FOR KIDS.
    Heyyyyyy you are good at chemistry..!! Thank you.!!

If you wear some pieces of plexiglass that makes you bulletproof..??

Trick shot with a fx indy bullpup..!!

That's some pretty fancy shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    That's some pretty fancy shooting.
    Thank you my friend..!!

Darn it. I was working on my Plexiglas body armor. Was almost finished. But now I see that I been wasting my time. Arg.
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails.

- William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingTree View Post
    Darn it. I was working on my Plexiglas body armor. Was almost finished. But now I see that I been wasting my time. Arg.
    Hahahahahahahahahaha...!!!

Can a refrigerator protect you from a shotgun..??