Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's it firing a BB gun.....OMG

Default What's it like firing a BB gun.....OMG

http://thepeoplescube.com/peoples-bl...n-t18065.html#!

Quote>
    What's it like to fire a Daisy BB gun? It's an experience I'll never forget. Everybody knows BB guns are scary looking and ought to be banned, but I thought I would try to shoot one without any preconceived notions. What I encountered changed me forever.

I took a deep breath and determined to enter a Wal-Mart. A "greeter" met me with, "Howdy, welcome to Wal-Mart." I'm from the north. We don't say "Howdy". I sneer back at the microaggression and strain to hold back tears of rage. Barely controlling myself, I asked where I could find a BB gun. He directed me to "sporting goods," still smiling and gloating over his slyly delivered offense.

I go to the "sporting goods" section, a perfect charnel house where implements of sulfur, death, and destruction are openly and brazenly sold. I notice a BB gun just lying on a shelf. I reach for it as if it was a poisonous snake, wondering if it will go off when I pull it off the shelf. That's right, a shelf. Where anybody could get it.

I go to the counter and the death merchant asks me if I wanted BBs to go with it. He even had the audacity to offer me "Copperhead" brand BBs! How could this inbred hick not know that I see a therapist twice a week to treat my herpephobia?

I buy the gun and the recommended BBs. I'm dizzy going out to the parking lot. A passing stranger, attired in a camouflage assault t-shirt, asks, "Sir, you okay?" "How dare you assume my gender!" I shout back. "Sorry, just checkin'," he said as if my health was any of his business. But the worst was yet to come.

I went to a wooded area to fire the BB gun, a Daisy 509 Buck, probably made by Bushmaster. I bruised my knuckles operating the cocking lever. Taking aim, I closed my eyes, gritted my teeth, and pulled the trigger. The sound of the spring loaded plunger going "boing" startled me. I became disoriented watching the BB arc towards its target. The "dink!" sound it made bouncing off a coke can was horribly loud. The recoil was horrendous, like a bazooka or some other recoilless weapon, and it dislocated my shoulder. I vomited and cried. I still have PTSD. Anxiety. Irritability. Nightmares. I may never again be the same.

But enough about me, at least for now. Worst of all, these weapons of mass destruction are available to the general public. It's time we stopped listening to the paid lobbyists of the National BB Gun Association who assure us that BB guns are hardly ever used in the commission of a crime. They scare me, they should scare you, and they ought to be banned.
    <Quote

Now that is scary.........
    Last edited by hunter63; 06-28-2016 at 09:22 PM.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Bohahahahahaha!
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I can't shake the feeling that I just walked in on the punchline to a joke that I will never hear.

Sadly it not that big of a joke.......many people believe stuff like that....

Aaahhh...well, in that case..find somebody who believes it, tell them you can walk in to a store in Canada and buy one, no permit required. See if their head explodes. Fun for the whole family.

"You might put you eye out...."...LOL

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by tundrabadger View Post
    I can't shake the feeling that I just walked in on the punchline to a joke that I will never hear.
    You have to go to the link, the whole website is a joke and this particular article was written by Kommissar al-Blogunoff!

And be careful, those BBs bounce and you can put your eye out.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

That's pretty funny. Of course, the original article is a big insult to real sufferers of PTSD, but I digress.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by finallyME View Post
    That's pretty funny. Of course, the original article is a big insult to real sufferers of PTSD, but I digress.
    That's kinda a stretch.....But I would suppose it could be taken that way....
    Sometimes a joke is a joke......I think this was a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    You're correct.

There is a well known science fiction writer in Los Angeles, named Harlan Ellison. He is extremely anti-guns/anti-Second Amendment, although he owns guns. He likes to brag that years ago he went on a crusade to have D.C. comic books ban their Daisy BB gun ads. Too horrible for young minds to see or even think about. Ellison claims his Ban BB gun ads was successful and D.C. dropped Daisy BB gun ads.

Ellison obviously saved millions of kids' lives (and eyes), no doubt.

S.M.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to gain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790),U.S. statesman, scientist, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Quote Originally Posted by Seniorman View Post
    You're correct.

There is a well known science fiction writer in Los Angeles, named Harlan Ellison. He is extremely anti-guns/anti-Second Amendment, although he owns guns. He likes to brag that years ago he went on a crusade to have D.C. comic books ban their Daisy BB gun ads. Too horrible for young minds to see or even think about. Ellison claims his Ban BB gun ads was successful and D.C. dropped Daisy BB gun ads.

Ellison obviously saved millions of kids' lives (and eyes), no doubt.

S.M.
    Aw,man, I used to have some old Batman comics that had those....like there was one that was saying something like "Hey, if you want a Daisy BB gun, show your parents you are responsible enoug for it by doing your chores". leading me to believe that the parents were in cahoots with the Daisy people.

Harlan Ellison was arrested in NYC for possession of a firearm that he'd kept from his days "researching" what it was like to be in a street gang. He was using it for a prop at one of his speaking gigs. Served him right. Maybe he should fight how easy it is for street gangstas to get illegal firearms.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

Early issues ofr the BSA Boy Scout Hand Book....had ads in the back...... for Winchester, Remington and Marlin in them......

BB serialization is a law enforcement tool that could assist in solving BB gun-related crimes. A system implementing BB serialization or coding would require manufacturers to stamp a unique microscopic code or serial number on all BBs.

Only the ignorant, stupid, and un-educated !
    Lamewolf
    Manu Forti
    Roadkill, its whats for supper !
    www.angelfire.com/electronic2/qrp

That's kinda a stretch.....But I would suppose it could be taken that way....
    Sometimes a joke is a joke......I think this was a joke.
    I am just wondering if you have seen the original article that this article/joke was based off of. Have you seen this? http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.2673201
    I probably didn't make myself clear. I was referring to this original report from the daily news

Quote Originally Posted by finallyME View Post
    I am just wondering if you have seen the original article that this article/joke was based off of. Have you seen this? http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.2673201
    I probably didn't make myself clear. I was referring to this original report from the daily news
    I hadn't seen that article.....and It does appear that that author was called to task for adding in his "temporary PTSD" to this story.
    Quote>
    UPDATE: Many people have objected to my use of the term "PTSD" in the above story. The use of this term was in no way meant to conflate my very temporary anxiety with the very real condition experienced by many of our brave men and women in uniform. I regret the inarticulate use of the term to describe my in-the-moment impression of the gun's firepower, and apologize for it. I have also posted a follow up piece here.<Quote

The posting of this anecdotal parody represents to me the views of many of to the uninformed and sadly influential media writing about something they know nothing about.....but are more that willing to pass on their views....including the term PTSD used out of context.

So although it appeared to me to be a humorous joke.....I am aware that it was not and will not be taken that way, depending on you r point of view.

As a gun owner, I ask myself "How can any one be so stupid to believe this as a normal response from an intelligent person"....but under stand, if we want keep our gun owners rights.....we have to deal with opinions like this.

JMHO....Nothing more.

Hunter,
    Hopefully I am not coming off wrong. I think your original post was funny. It is a great joke that stands alone by itself. All I am saying is that the joke didn't come out of a vacuum, it was based off of a stupid article. Anyways, I liked the joke.

Well, crap. I thought every guy was born with a pair. Apparently not.

I hear ya.....No worries
    All I'm saying as you bought up......there are some nut jobs (MHO) out there, and we need to deal with their point of view...
    I don't think your are coming off wrong....you point is very valid, sadly.....and the joke is lost.