Thread: so how do you make your colodial silver?

Default so how do you make your colodial silver?

so many questions here' do i heat the water? do i not, is a lazer pointer suffficient to at least tell
    you do have silver particulate in the batch? i giong to order a ppm test meter soon,
    but for now i use the lazer pointer.and it gives off a really nice matallic beam of particulate
    so tiny though you have to reall look to see them. can anyone help me out here?
    by btw how long should new battries last you know like how many qt'batches per set of battries?
    coyotes listen to them, like children of the night what music they make.

To answer your question, I don't. Never saw the need, doubt I ever will and reported benefits are dubious at best.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

We did this one about two years ago to mixed reviews then also. I did not realize it had been that long, I think the thread must have sat dormant for a couple of months before it was bumped.

You were right in the middle of that one too so you might want to check with all three of the silver ingesters and see what they do. Might be difficult since it seems they were all here just for that thread and most had not ever posted before and have not been back since then.

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...er-users/page2
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 06-26-2016 at 12:58 PM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

as for being of dubious results a couple years ago i treated a litter of kittens with a form of distemper
    treated eyes,nose for for days , and it never came back.posy shtf co-silver could be worth more than gold in some cases.
    so i believe anyhow. besides big pharma won't be here forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayshaker
    big pharma won't be here forever.

Where are they going? They will be here long after all of us are gone.

good luck with that ' no dollar no meds see how that works.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Hayshaker, are you having an EOTW collapse of the financial institutions moment?
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    To answer your question, I don't. Never saw the need, doubt I ever will and reported benefits are dubious at best.
    Obviously you've never tried it ! Best thing I've seen to flush my sinuses with when I get an infection !

I make mine using a 12 volt gel cell battery and the positive lead has a 1000 ohm resistor in series with an LED to indicate current is flowing.

I use distilled water, not heated in a glass 16 oz jar with a very small pinch of non iodized salt. The salt makes it conduct current better. Stir it well, then insert the pure silver electrodes into the water making sure they don't touch each other and you will see the LED begin to glow. Let it work for about 25 minutes (longer makes stronger) and you will see the silver flow from the positive side (kind of looks milky). Once its done, stir it again well (I use one of the silver electrodes to stir with) and its ready to use.
    Lamewolf
    Manu Forti
    Roadkill, its whats for supper !
    www.angelfire.com/electronic2/qrp

I don't make or use it either....
    Do have a SIL, however, that swears by it....and judging by the amount of complaints or various affections, maladies, aches and pains...and other death defying feats of self diagnosis and medication........most likely needs it more than I do.

Hasn't seemed to help, however.
    I'll pass.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by Lamewolf View Post
    Obviously you've never tried it ! Best thing I've seen to flush my sinuses with when I get an infection !

I make mine using a 12 volt gel cell battery and the positive lead has a 1000 ohm resistor in series with an LED to indicate current is flowing.

I use distilled water, not heated in a glass 16 oz jar with a very small pinch of non iodized salt. The salt makes it conduct current better. Stir it well, then insert the pure silver electrodes into the water making sure they don't touch each other and you will see the LED begin to glow. Let it work for about 25 minutes (longer makes stronger) and you will see the silver flow from the positive side (kind of looks milky). Once its done, stir it again well (I use one of the silver electrodes to stir with) and its ready to use.
    I've never had the need, and as I said many of the reports of its effectiveness are less than glowing.

Also........you do know that a saline solution (mild salt water solution) is a tried and true remedy for sinus infections right? So was it the silver or the salt?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    I've never had the need, and as I said many of the reports of its effectiveness are less than glowing.

Also........you do know that a saline solution (mild salt water solution) is a tried and true remedy for sinus infections right? So was it the silver or the salt?
    Well, when the saline solution doesn't work and the silver does, then what does that tell you ? I've tried it both ways and the silver wins hands down ! Plus, when making colloidal silver there is not enough salt to even call it saline. When I say "a very small pinch of salt in 16 oz of distilled water" I'm talking just a few grains of salt - like a dozen or so grains. Anyway, I have used a strong saline on sinus infections with no results at all, but the silver knocks it in a couple of days ! The "tried and true remedy for sinus infections" has never worked for me, but since I discovered the use of colloidal silver, a sinus infection rarely lasts more than 2 days.
    Last edited by Lamewolf; 06-28-2016 at 07:16 AM.
    Lamewolf
    Manu Forti

If its working for you and you want to make and use it, by all means please do so. As I said in response to the OP - I don't make or use it.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

we use wall cubes rather than batteries . 18 volt for internal and 6-8 volt for external . No need to heat the water . If it didn't work ever major burn center in the country wouldn't used silver.

Quote Originally Posted by Fixit View Post
    we use wall cubes rather than batteries . 18 volt for internal and 6-8 volt for external . No need to heat the water . If it didn't work ever major burn center in the country wouldn't used silver.
    I've always used the batteries so I can use it during long term power outages. I have even made it using a solar panel to supply the power, but have also used the wall warts. Main thing is, any of them will work ! Yes, burn centers use silver quite often and you can even by band aids and wound dressings that are impregnated with silver.
    Lamewolf
    Manu Forti

Quote Originally Posted by Lamewolf View Post
    I've always used the batteries so I can use it during long term power outages. I have even made it using a solar panel to supply the power, but have also used the wall warts. Main thing is, any of them will work ! Yes, burn centers use silver quite often and you can even by band aids and wound dressings that are impregnated with silver.
    lamewolf that caused a grin . I have been off grid 21 years and my first thought was " what's a power outage " .
    one other thing . some people use an air pump for a fish tank while making it .

Medical grade silver (silver sulfadiazine) (note the use of sulfa and diazine) is a lot different than colloidal silver. Your analogy is like saying the hospitals use Oxycontin for pain relief so I'll just make my own. You may wish to read through this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_uses_of_silver

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Medical grade silver (silver sulfadiazine) (note the use of sulfa and diazine) is a lot different than colloidal silver. Your analogy is like saying the hospitals use Oxycontin for pain relief so I'll just make my own. You may wish to read through this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_uses_of_silver
    I have read, re-read, and researched for quite a few years the ups and downs of colloidal silver use. Some reading says it works, some says it doesn't work. I only use it when I need it, so I'm not worried about turning blue. But when I get over something like a sinus infection quicker by using it than I do when I don't use it, it tells me its something worthwhile using and I'm not one to argue with success ! I also use it on cuts and they do seem to heal quicker than just using a plain bandage. Not that I get cut a lot, but at my age I have had quite a few of them in my life.
    Lamewolf
    Manu Forti

Quote Originally Posted by Fixit View Post
    <snip>............. If it didn't work ever major burn center in the country wouldn't used silver.
    Huge difference between what burn centers use and what the OP was asking about. I have silver impregnated dressings in my FAK for treating burns should the need arise.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel