Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mosin nagant

Said 5 Gal US.......and was white.....now full of holes.....LOTS of holes....actually looked like a flayed version of a bucket.
    Last edited by hunter63; 06-28-2016 at 08:48 PM.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

in a very rare moment I was just being a smartazz. I will now have to go check the three mosin nagants I have to add to my confusion. lol
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

Here ya go, boys and girls. Hickok 45 and the Mosin Nagant.

Enjoy.

S.M.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to gain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790),U.S. statesman, scientist, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Cool vid.....actually watched the whole thing....
    Did ya see the fireballs.....whoooowee Smoke and Fire....
    Love the carbines..
    His range is kinda like our range with pallets (w/paper plates), beer can, bucket, plate, bowling pin and propane canister range....(still haven't exploded one yet)

Yup they are fun...
    So Randy,... gotta go see what sights you have?....LOL...That will teach ya.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Humor of Finnish Winter War

A large group of Russian soldiers in the border area in 1939 are moving down a road when they hear a voice call from behind a small hill: "One Finnish soldier is better than ten Russian".

The Russian commander quickly orders 10 of his best men over the hill where Upon a gun-battle breaks out and continues for a few minutes, then silence.

The voice once again calls out: "One Finn is better than one hundred Russian."

Furious, the Russian commander sends his next best 100 troops over the hill and instantly a huge gun fight commences.

After 10 minutes of battle, again Silence.

The calm Finnish voice calls out again:

"One Finn is better than one thousand Russians"

The enraged Russian commander musters

1000 fighters and sends them to the other side

of the hill. Rifle fire, machine guns, grenades,

rockets and cannon fire ring out as a terrible

battle is fought.... Then Silence.

Eventually one badly wounded Russian fighter crawls back over the hill and with his dying words tells his commander, "Don't send any more men......it's a trap. There's two of them."
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Bhohahahaha....Hope you didn't Pizzof any Russians......

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Remember that the LOP was set up for a person wearing -40 clothing. It is about right if you are fighting in a place where it is below zero 8 months of the year. the SKS and even the AK have short LOP.

And oddly enough, our M4 is set up to collapse to a convenient length for use with body armor and cold weather gear.
    I think the SKS was designed for a midget !
    Lamewolf
    Manu Forti
    Roadkill, its whats for supper !
    www.angelfire.com/electronic2/qrp

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

If you look at the overall picture of military small arms you will find that ALL the nations use a stock that is shorter than what we call "average".

Two basic reasons for this.

1. The above mentioned need for a stock to work in all weather with all clothing/body armor.

2. The need for every rifle to be usable by any soldier that picks one up on the battle field, even women and children.

"Average height" for soldiers around the world falls on the short side when compared to the American running around at 5'10"=6' with orangutan arms. It was recognized very early, like with the adoption of the Brown Bess in 1715, that a tall dude could handle a short stock easier than a short dude could handle a long stock, so everyone since then has gotten a 12"-14" LOP.

By contrast;

LOP: SKS 12 7/8"
    LOP: M1 Garand 13"
    LOP: M1 Carbine 13 1/2"
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 06-29-2016 at 04:21 PM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    If you look at the overall picture of military small arms you will find that ALL the nations use a stock that is shorter than what we call "average".

Two basic reasons for this.

1. The above mentioned need for a stock to work in all weather with all clothing/body armor.

2. The need for every rifle to be usable by any soldier that picks one up on the battle field, even women and children.

"Average height" for soldiers around the world falls on the short side when compared to the American running around at 5'10"=6' with orangutan arms. It was recognized very early, like with the adoption of the Brown Bess in 1715, that a tall dude could handle a short stock easier than a short dude could handle a long stock, so everyone since then has gotten a 12"-14" LOP.

By contrast;

LOP: SKS 12 7/8"
    LOP: M1 Garand 13"
    LOP: M1 Carbine 13 1/2"
    I build my blackpowder rifles with a 15.5" LOP ! My arm cramps when I try to shoot an SKS !
    Lamewolf
    Manu Forti
    Roadkill, its whats for supper !
    www.angelfire.com/electronic2/qrp