Thread: Yosemite Article and National Park Service Recognition

Default Yosemite Article and National Park Service Recognition

The Atlantic magazine (June 17, 2016) has an article about Yosemite national park and the 100 year anniversary of the National Park Service. "Yosemite Through John Muir's Words" by Matt Vasilogambros includes selections from the writings of John Muir - I did not realize how effective a writer John Muir was. I really want to read more of Muir's original writings. www.theatlantic.com under News
    Last edited by Faiaoga; 06-20-2016 at 02:09 PM.

If you have a Kindle you can get them dirt cheap. Muir has been a lifelong favorite of mine.

Interesting Guy....
    Talked about a lot in Wisconsin as his family immigrated here from Scotland.
    Seems he was also a draft dodger during the Civil War.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Muir

Had a couple of his books that MS had from a collage course...her notes were in the margins.....like "OMG this is sooooo boring"
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Yeah, old John Muir must have been a canny Scotsman. When he did decide to settle down, he married a woman who could bring a lot of acreage planted in fruit trees to the marriage.

According to one source, is wife was also tolerant of his excursions. "So long, Dear, I am off to the wilderness to wander around for a while" "Enjoy yourself, John, stay as long as you want" Yeah, rrriiiiight But he was able to attract the attention of Teddy (Big Stick) Roosevelt, so he must have had something going for him.
    Last edited by Faiaoga; 06-21-2016 at 01:09 PM. Reason: spelling