Thread: anyone have any luck raising morels from spores they ordered?

Default anyone have any luck raising morels from spores they ordered?

As stated has anybody successfully grown morel mushrooms from spores ordered online or otherwise purchased? And how did they produce? And what are your thoughts on sporing them in a forest where they naturally grow wild already?

I haven't, but believe that H63 has given it a try.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Have a Shiitake log going now....haven't seen any yet this year...on the second log....first about done......but they have been going, 5 or 6 years.
    Morels are plentiful at " The Place".....lot's of dead elms.....they seem to favor elms....had a blight I guess must have lost couple of hundred elms.....and couple of big old oaks.

Never tried morels spore inoculation....and not sure what you would put it on?....
    So,... no experience on this.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Well, after the flooding earlier, my dirt floored garage seems to be a good site for some sort of mushrooms. Maybe I could clear those out and try a useful kind. Guess the spare can of Tinactin might do the trick.

Haha well if it works might as well try it haha, and hunter63 it said to dig and soften or till up some dirt and mix this already spored medium of some sort in to the dirt you have worked up and keep it watered I payed about 30 bucks for the kit so I'm hoping it works. But on the box it says to seed them in your yard and feed with compost, I thought maybe if I planted where they already grow wild and I already pick them there that they should have all the food they need and should grow... I could be wrong but that's my guess anyway. Most likely I wasted 30 bucks.

Well, don't feel bad...LOL....DW still says I paid $20 bucks for a "stick" (log with inoculation in drilled in holes)

Have done portabella's in a bag/box...a couple of times.....that really worked well.

I may come out better trying ****ake or oysters.

Our spell and dirty word checker doesn't like mushrooms, I guess.

Lol I like how it censors mushrooms... I'll let you know how they produce they claimed to work within 2 years so I'll let you know this spring or next if it's worth it.