Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: And this weekend we will be replacing..

Traded it in. I know I could have gotten quite a bit more if I fixed it up and sold it, but I don't have the time, or room for four vehicles. The Silverado was my first bug truck and then retired to my camping vehicle. It has come out of retirement temporarily until I get signage on the new one and set up the way I want it. I was ready to put the Silverado into full time duty and just pick up a cargo trailer for the camping gear, but she who must be obeyed made the valid point of having a back-up.....and the Silverado ain't no spring chicken (2002).
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Back-up are very good to have.
    Crash I have seen yours....

When I bought my 2008 F-250 in 2009.....they wanted to give me $2000 for the 1999 F-150 for a trade.....LOL....Yeah I'll bet they did.
    Had had about 80K on it......so I just kept it.
    Just turned 129K on it today.

Both trucks are set up to tow and have pretty much the same gear in both them....and full fuel tanks.

Neighbor was looking in the back of the 2008 today as we were looking at the camper trailer, and had suggested I have a floor jack.
    I had the truck open and showed him the jack I carry.
    He said "Wow, you carry a lot of stuff".........I said " Yeah......I do"....LOL
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

The up side of having the back end loaded down is folks don't ask to borrow it.

Yep. Trucks are almost (not quite) like guns. Always good to have options and choices. I've got about 155K on the 2002 so it should be around for a bit.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    The up side of having the back end loaded down is folks don't ask to borrow it.
    Yeah....They don't want to borrow just the truck....they want to borrow YOU as well to carry stuff.
    Sooooo....
    Truck already loaded is a "Aw sorry man, can't help you out by lending it to you...... till I take all this stuff out.....When is that, you ask?....Well, never if I can help it......Sorry.

I could tell you a few funny stories about that......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I will never forget the fit my Mom threw when I bought my first pickup back in 1970.

"What in God's name do you think you are going to do with that thing? You're not a farmer or a junk dealer! Most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of in my life....Bla..Bla...Bla !"

The next time I stopped by the house she had a list, and I mean a big list, of stuff she needed either fetched or hauled away, starting with one of the heaviest refrigerators I have ever had the displeasure of meeting!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?