Thread: Off Grid and Free New Video

Default Off Grid and Free New Video

Hi Forum. I've been pretty focused the last couple of months making another video. I'm extremely pleased with the images and music and would really welcome your feedback.

The underlying theme to the efforts I've made over the last several years of my life, (book, videos, forums), is that it's OK to take a non-traditional path through life. Whether it be homesteading or a life long trip you desire, life is short... go for it.

It's my hope people are inspired enough to at least consider trying something new. If nothing else, I truly hope you find the video entertaining. Thanks in advance. Ron

https://youtu.be/6DgNHm9_h9M
    Off Grid and Free-My Path to the Wilderness Available on Amazon www.inthewilderness.net

Looks like a wonderful journey.

...remember to enjoy it now. Now not just later. It's the journey, not just the destination. It's in the doing, knowing that you're getting to do it, not just it being done.
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails.

- William Arthur Ward

WalkingTree...thank you for the comment! That is a great way to look at it and characterize things. It is a journey. It's been a wonderful journey.

Let's face it. The final destination for us all is when we are planted 6 feet under. It's what we do with life before we get to the final destination that counts.
    Off Grid and Free-My Path to the Wilderness Available on Amazon www.inthewilderness.net

Nice job.....pretty good record of the journey.....make me wish I had taken more pic's....LOL
    We got our start in the 1970's, as well, ....our journey is a little different,..... but we can relate.

Thanks for posting.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

You are welcome Hunter. Thank you for taking the time to watch it. I have no doubt if we got together to chit chat around the campfire, it would be like old friends talking about past adventures.

I'm not much of a camera guy and just snapped pictures occasionally or someone else would grab the camera. Who knew they would later be used in something like this? Amazing really.

Quote Originally Posted by ronjnk View Post
    You are welcome Hunter. Thank you for taking the time to watch it. I have no doubt if we got together to chit chat around the campfire, it would be like old friends talking about past adventures.

I'm not much of a camera guy and just snapped pictures occasionally or someone else would grab the camera. Who knew they would later be used in something like this? Amazing really.
    I agree....seems like we have always know each other.....LOL
    Pic's after the fire were down right scary/freaky......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

An excellent video, music and interesting journey. Glad the fires did not destroy all your incredibly hard work and home.

S.M.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to gain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790),U.S. statesman, scientist, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Much appreciated Seniorman. Thank you very much for the wonderful feedback. We're grateful we still have a homestead standing too especially since most of the remaining green in the one image burned in 2010.

This is an odd summer. No fires anywhere around. Cool and wet so far this summer. Mostly 60's for highs.