Thread: outdoor cookware cleaning question

Default outdoor cookware cleaning question

Hello everyone,

Just got myself a titanium pan from HPro and some titanium folding sporks from timberbrother on amazon for my next camping plan, my wonder is: what’s the best way cleaning titanium cookware? Anybody have experience or know how on outdoor cookware?

Many thanks!

A little soap and a sponge.

Use low heat - titanium will scorch. You will eventually discolor your cookware, but it will not affect the performance. Do not use metal scrubbers or utensils - titanium cookware is thin and you don't want to make it any thinner.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

You can buy those 3-packs of the little Scotchbright pads with the soap already in them.
    I use them and they work just fine.
    Wilderness Survival:
    Surviving a temporary situation where you're lost in the wilderness

Hunter63 saying Hey and Welcome.......

Looking up HPro says dishwasher safe.....so the soap and water may be your best bet....
    Wasn't any washing instructions with your purchase?...Usually they have instructions ......or at least a whole sheet of "Thou Shalt Not's"

https://jet.com/product/HealthPro-Ti...3c185c0dedfd58
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

What Crash said. Works that way for stainless outdoor gear, too.
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Soap and water, over the years my titanium kit has scorched and developed a sort of rainbow colour effect. I only use a mug and a long handled spoon, i find the pans far too thin and burn anything once on the heat.

Tony uk
    A wise person does at once, what a fool does at last. Both do the same thing; only at different times.

Clean them with Cold Water..........
    Story stolt from interweb

Larry went to visit his 86 year old grandfather in a very rural area. After spending a great evening chatting the night away, Larry’s grandfather prepared breakfast of bacon and eggs. Larry noticed a film like substance on his place, and questioned his grandfather asking, “Are these plates clean?”

His grandfather replied, “They’re as clean as cold water can get em. Just you go ahead and finish your meal”.

For lunch the old man made hamburgers. Again, Larry was concerned about the plates as it appeared to have tiny specks around the edge that looked like dried egg and asked, “Are you sure these plates are clean?”

Without looking up the old man said, “I told you before, those dishes are as clean as cold water can get them. Now don’t you worry, I don’t want to hear another word about it”.

Later that afternoon, as he was leaving, his grandfather’s dog started to growl, and wouldn’t let him pass. Larry yelled and said, “Grandfather, your dog won’t let me get to my car”.

Without diverting his attention from the football game he was watching on TV, the old man shouted at the dog, ‘COLDWATER, GO LAY DOWN NOW, YEH HERE ME!!!”
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27