Thread: Forest Fire Articles on MotherEarth News

Default Forest Fire Articles on MotherEarth News

As some of you know, we've had some serious forest fires to deal with over the years. Although two of them got to within 90 feet of our homestead, we survived. Forest fires are a subject near and dear to my heart and I wrote a 2 part series for MotherEarth News which I hope you find of value.

It seems the weather is getting more extreme and more of us are faced with the potential threat of fires, grassland as well as forest. Please consider having an escape plan should the unthinkable happen and consider implementing some of the strategies I've gathered the hard way. Through experience. All the best,
    Ron

http://www.motherearthnews.com/homes...-zbcz1605.aspx

http://www.motherearthnews.com/homes...-zbcz1606.aspx
    Off Grid and Free-My Path to the Wilderness Available on Amazon www.inthewilderness.net

Hey, pretty cool.....thanks for the heads up.

After maintaining a complete collection of Mother Earth New Magazines from Issue 1 Number 1.....all the way till 2015......
    I let my subscription lapse.....So I missed those articles....
    Now I can find and read them.

Had a couple of things published in MEN myself.....one of them....
    http://www.motherearthnews.com/organ...ato-cages.aspx
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Hi Hunter. Well done! I like the fact that you had such a pile of people on MEN take an interest in your article. Good job.
    Off Grid and Free-My Path to the Wilderness Available on Amazon www.inthewilderness.net

Yeah, they repeated it later on in a "Best Of" and a couple of letters to the editor, with alternate uses and thanks.....
    http://www.motherearthnews.com/diy/g...m0z11zphe.aspx
    Then of course it was repeated in a LOT of other blogs and web sites......

I sure your article will as well....and will get you listed in "Authors in America".....
    When I heard that I looked and found a cousin and SIL were also listed for publishing something.....LOL.

Also had a "Tip" published in MEN and Handyman Magazine.....for a vice holder for a trailer hitch.....

Have always been a fan of MEN for the beginning.
    Funny part was I had discussed those tomato cages in a MEN forum....and was asked to submit it to the MEN by the then editor H.Hunt....so I did.
    That was the first forum I had ever been on and bought the digital camera for the pic's....the check covered the purchase at the time.

That forum disappeared all of a sudden only to pop back up after 6 months...with no explanation.
    By then most of the regulars had disbanded and quit.....and I'm not sure I could even get back on after 10 years...

But that experience got me to this forum....
    And I did find out that most magazines will publish stuff if's good.

What lead you to submit your articles to MEN?....If I may ask.

Good day Hunter! Authors in America has a nice ring to it.

Uncertain what the interest level is in those MEN articles is. Not much in the way of shares or pins. Hopefully it helps someone out there.

We wrote articles for 3 other magazines years ago and had some contact with MEN at that time. We decided to hold of on doing anything with them and just recently decided to do some blogging.

For grins I called MEN customer service on the phone....there is no longer a Forum apparently...was gonna try to pull up the orginal conversation.
    Anyway, thanks for the Blog posts.

You are welcome Hunter. Have a good day.