Thread: Hormel Foods "Be a Lumberjack"

Default Hormel Foods "Be a Lumberjack"

Hormel Foods and Dinty Moore Stew are continuing a "reality" series with further training on lumberjack skills. more videotapes, with a team of bearded men putting on protective gear to slice off sections of log.

Hormel Foods urges 'Be a Lumberjack' is the article by Erica Shaffer on May 3, 2016
    [url]www.meatpoultry.com/articles/news_home/Business/2016/05/Hormel_Foods_urges_Be_a_Lumber.[url]
    Last edited by Faiaoga; 05-26-2016 at 03:17 PM.

Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

No, one or two new ones have been added, you can check their training progress leading up to a competition later this year. I need to go back to my beard growing tryouts.
    Search for "Dinty Moore Lumberjack Training Camp". Unfortunately, I applied too late to get in this year.
    Last edited by Faiaoga; 05-26-2016 at 05:29 PM.

There is at least one college that offers courses in becoming a woodman, logger, lumberjack or "timber harvest professional" (modern term). Paul Smith's College in New York State will teach basic skills for $1095 for a one week course. There are probably others.
    http://www.sevendaysvt.com/vermont/t...nt?oid=2184400

If a person really wants to learn about the "zeitgeist" of wearing brightly colored wool plaids, he or she should read "Buffalo in the City" by Troy Patterson in the New York Times Magazine for January 27, 2016 Everything needed to know about the plaid shirt or jacket. Cool.
    www.newyorktimes.com
    Last edited by Faiaoga; 05-28-2016 at 03:02 PM. Reason: spelling

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Falaoga, you have too much time on your hands.

Have you considered a hobby that does not involve the internet?
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Kinda looks like a "Lumberjack competition course.....to compete for shows and fair as stuff.
    Thinking this isn't for a job in the lumber industry.....These are show skills.

Show up on a job site, boss says, "get in the processor start clearing this section..."
    You say "Well when I was in Adirondack Woodsmen’s School ...they do it a different way".....

He says "Here you do it my way or head back down to the Adirondack Woodsmen’s School."

I'm sure there are Rodeo Schools as well.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27