Thread: Miss Army Kit

Default Miss Army Kit

If you are worried that MacGyver was not gender neutral enough, there is a folding knife with multiple features available. The Miss Amy Kit has the gadgets that helped MacGyver survive, plus it has a mirror, a pill box and a small perfume bottle for only $14.95. Check out the Miss Army Kit at www.onemoregadget.com

The Miss Army Knife comes in pink, purple or blue - if you need to color coordinate your pistol and your pocket knife
    Last edited by Faiaoga; 05-20-2016 at 01:51 PM.

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Does not send me to the correct item Faiaoga.

I do like the tacky Christmas socks though.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Above the tacky Christmas stockings, you should find a search function. Amazon also was offering this item.

I need to be careful discussing this knife. Samoan ladies in the family I stayed with did not carry pink pocket knives, but full sized machetes - and they cracked open coconuts as well as any man.

www.knifecenter.com/brand/70/Miss-Army
    Last edited by Faiaoga; 05-20-2016 at 05:43 PM.

Back in the day our company came out with a woman's pee device. I'll let you think about that. They ordered tons of the things. We were in a gender training class (I have no idea what it was called back then but women were starting to work in the field so we had to be trained to be nice). During the meeting I posed the follow questions.

1. So, if a woman is in a vault splicing cable and she has to use the bathroom she can use this device?

Yes.

2. So, what does she do about me and the other splicer that are working with her? There are no bushes in a vault.

You'll need to leave the vault.

3. Oh, okay. Can I borrow it?

It was about there that I got a shut the @#$ up look.

They sound like handy features. I'll take one in blue if the quality is good.

I don't really need perfume but I do tend to forget my deodorant on the trail and I'm sure it could just as happily hold some mineral oil.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Found it...finally ...LOL
    I think I'll pass....
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Found it...finally ...LOL
    I think I'll pass....
    You really should not pass this up. It should be great for fur trapper and mountain man encampments. My suspicion is that Sacajawea and her sisters would have really liked this.

My junior high school history stories about the Lewis and Clark expedition do not mention it, but other accounts I have read indicate that there was a little bit of trading for favors with indigenous maidens. Just think what advantage the Hudson Bay Company might have had if their trade goods had included this knife with its mirror inside and with perfume filling the small bottle. I think Captain Cook and his sailors could have benefited as well.
    Last edited by Faiaoga; 05-20-2016 at 10:52 PM.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

The last thing in the world the average school board wants their students reading is the journals of Lewis and Clark.

They had not invented gender sensitivity, political correctness or a class free society back then.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by Faiaoga View Post
    You really should not pass this up. It should be great for fur trapper and mountain man encampments. My suspicion is that Sacajawea and her sisters would have really liked this.

My junior high school history stories about the Lewis and Clark expedition do not mention it, but other accounts I have read indicate that there was a little bit of trading for favors with indigenous maidens. Just think what advantage the Hudson Bay Company might have had if their trade goods had included this knife with its mirror inside and with perfume filling the small bottle. I think Captain Cook and his sailors could have benefited as well.
    Well, you could be right....shining trinkets and geefauws for sure........but these days you would need a LOT of them.
    Flowers are pretty.....Candy is dandy, ....but L.iquor is quicker
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

According to some promotional info I have seen, these knives were given out to recipients of awards at the Academy Awards. I wonder if the actor playing Hugh Glass in The Revenant received his?

These would be really useful items for the "possibles" bag of a mountain man. The little bottle could hold gun oil, and there seems to be space in the plastic handle for percussion caps or a spare flint. Perhaps the knives issued to the Corps of Discovery were similar. I'll bet John Colter would have wanted one.