Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NRA Expo

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I just returned from the NRA show. It was almost overwhelming1

Every manufacturer you have ever heard of was present.

If you ever saw anything in a magazine, It was there!

If it was a gun, it was there.

If it could be shot from a gun it was there.

If it could be taped to, fastened on, welded to, glued to, clamped onto or attached to a gun in any way it was there.

If you could wear it while you were shooting it was there.

If you could shoot at it, it was there.

If you could use it to take a picture while you were shooting it was there.

If you wanted to plan a hunt the outfitters were there.

If you needed to skin what you shot every knife maker was there, All of them!

Pyramid Air had a shooting range set up so if you had the overwhelming desire to shoot something on the spot it was possible.

If you needed a bottle opener, book mark, patch, decal or shopping bag they were free!

And thousands and thousands of people were there! Acres of people! And parking area measured in square miles with shuttle busses running all day.

I am worn completely out and I doubt that I will ever attempt an NRA expo again. I have not walked that many miles or talked to that many people in 20 years.

I'm too old for this $&!* !
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 05-21-2016 at 05:21 PM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

I'm not even sure how to respond to this thread without getting somebody mad.

My wife and her sisters love me but would they laugh me into oblivion if I asked if I was invited. Wait... her mother would pat me and say of course I am... Wonderful gentle southern woman.

Isn't it good to know that there are that many folks that are pro gun? Thousands and thousands. Acres of people sounds good to me. I wouldn't be happy if that were WalMart though. Especially if I needed to run in real quick.

Go back tomorrow. We really need a..."This is Kyrat reporting from the field at the NRA Expo report."

I think Ben just got appointed something or other in the NRA. I like that.

Nope, not going back tomorrow unless I can take a patio recliner and roller skates. The people watching was excellent. Some real weird looking folks in the Ohiotuckianna area.

It will be in Atlanta next year so you north Florida guys can get to it.

I've never been to one, but might have to put it on the calendar.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

It is about like you would imagine any industry show to be. Everyone putting their best foot forward. Excellent catering also.

I have never been able to get to one before and always wanted to visit the Shot Show in Vegas, which is never going to happen, so this was a minor "bucket list" item. Not that I have a bucket list.

Youtube is being flooding with NRA show posts, so if you missed it, you can always catch up.

I should probably get out to shot show sometime, since I am pretty close.

I have never been to a baby shower. We always gave ours baths.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by finallyME View Post
    Youtube is being flooding with NRA show posts, so if you missed it, you can always catch up.

I should probably get out to shot show sometime, since I am pretty close.

I have never been to a baby shower. We always gave ours baths.
    My baby baths usually ended with more water on me than on the baby The baby did get used to water, though, and ended up a good swimmer.

I made a serious mistake when discussing modern hip social trends - the correct term is "gender reveal party" and one pressing concern is whether it is necessary to bring a gift when you are invited to a "gender reveal party". Dear Prudence, the advice columnist for Slate magazine has a column about this. It is probably also important to know if the traditional pink and blue colors show a bilateral sexist orientation or if a third, more neutral color is more appropriate. www.slate.com

Mauve. I vote for mauve. Plaid would work too.

Don't laugh about clashes over color in clothing. I understand there is a new trend to allow "blaze pink" hunting garments as a supplement to requirements for blaze orange. Blaze Pink - you can look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Faiaoga View Post
    My baby baths usually ended with more water on me than on the baby The baby did get used to water, though, and ended up a good swimmer.

I made a serious mistake when discussing modern hip social trends - the correct term is "gender reveal party" and one pressing concern is whether it is necessary to bring a gift when you are invited to a "gender reveal party". Dear Prudence, the advice columnist for Slate magazine has a column about this. It is probably also important to know if the traditional pink and blue colors show a bilateral sexist orientation or if a third, more neutral color is more appropriate. www.slate.com
    Well, in the off chance that I am ever invited to a baby shower, or whatever they are calling it these days, the gift will be either a package of diapers, or a pocket knife. Both gender neutral.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Cash.....everyone like cash.....Green goes with everything.

Don't male diapers have a big bump in the front?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Don't laugh about clashes over color in clothing. I understand there is a new trend to allow "blaze pink" hunting garments as a supplement to requirements for blaze orange. Blaze Pink - you can look it up.
    From what I can gather, Wisconsin is the first state to allow blaze pink as a hunting option and Colorado is not far behind.
    One lady who seems able to combine femininity and the outdoors is the Cuban-American mammal zoologist who wrote "Pink Boots and a Machete". Dr. Mireya Mayor has been able to travel in Africa and South America on expeditions in the rain forest. I don't know her opinions on blaze pink but she seems an interesting person.

www.mireyamayor.com
    Last edited by Faiaoga; 05-24-2016 at 07:24 PM.

Dora the Explorer.....?
    Hi, What took you so long?

I can't speak for the other states or blaze pink per se. Im dating myself here but back in my intro days of deer hunting Oklahoma allowed blaze orange, solid red or solid yellow and if I'm not mistaken, an excerpt in the regs of any conspicuous solid color of X sq in or more was legal.

Wisconsin has had Blaze orange for many years....before that red and yellow were also allowed.
    Mind you there were still many the worn the red and black Woolrich wool coats and matching pants.

I did convert to blaze camo...and was told by many the I didn't have 50% orange....I was fine but old habits die hard....
    I suspect there will be a whining and crying about blaze pink as well.

When you wear something only 10 days a year.... doesn't seem like I need to worry about "fashion"....too much
    Did kinda laugh at DD and SIL, getting two new matching camo suits every year for hunting out of a box stand in Louisiana.

You could wear a 3 piece suit and nothing would see ya.....

Just getting back on the computer this week and reading this thread. Little did I know I had started such a discussion! HAHA! Anyway, glad the NRA show was fun! I went to SHOT for the first time 2 years ago and haven't been back since. Hoping with school settling down I can focus on my side business more and make it back to SHOT and the NRA show next year.

As far as the baby shower goes, it was quite the discussion as to why I HAD to be there. I still don't understand it. But, I make it a rule to never argue with my wife when she's 8 months pregnant. . .
    "When young men seek to be like you, when lazy men resent you, when powerful men look over their shoulder at you, when cowardly men plot behind your back, when corrupt men wish you were gone and evil men want you dead; Only then will you have done your share." -Phil Messina

Wise man. Pregnant women are a force of nature

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DSJohnson View Post
    Wise man. Pregnant women are a force of nature

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes indeed......Just say Yes'um.......