Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bug out vechicles?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Um, yeah. If your neighbors look like this chances are you don't need to worry about a vehicle.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    That's weird. And I am poster boy of weird.

It always seems that when an Amish man wants a gun at an auction, you just can't outbid him. I never saw Amish men dressed like that those in the photo. Strange that they all have no beards. All single at such a late age?

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Yea, imagine all this coming to a sudden and complete stop.

https://www.google.com/search?q=traf...HVs9CpcQsAQIMQ

But your vehicle still runs fine!

Good luck with that.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

'Zactly.

"Where you headin'?"
    "Bug out location."
    "Good luck with that. Traffic should get moving in about a month."

Quote Originally Posted by nuclearwarfaresurvival View Post
    does anyone know a vehicle that works well and would withstand a electromagnetic pulse

you seem to be fixated on EMP. Why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Mannlicher View Post
    It's part of the cycle.

Doomsday preppers stay fixated on EMP for a few weeks, then move to nuke warfare, then to financial collapse and the breakdown of the social order when they wear out that one. After a couple of months they forget they were experts on EMP only a few weeks ago and rotate back through the cycle and start the process again.

EMP is the "what's the best survival knife?" question of the doomsday group, always good for an argument.

I'm thinking "Drive by"......
    Stop in ask a question with no mention of doing a search....and I guess you can stretch a EMP into having to survive in the wilderness...?

Any way, not exactly greeted as "Boy are we glad you are here to lead us of the path of really, really important survival stuff....."
    Then move on.....
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

EMP...to me that's the bummer of all bummers. I'm seeing "ah, it might run" to "no, your car ain't gonna run." So I'm saying assume that it won't run (and prep for that) until you actually have an EMP. Then go figure out if your vehicle(s) run.

The thing I love the most about EMP is that the concept is beyond the perception of most of the people that believe in it.

If you have all your crap in a faraday cage you still have no one to talk too because the entire system is going to be down and no one can talk back to you.

It does not matter if your car starts because there is no where to go, because nothing in the affected area works. What you going to do, try to keep going to work and run through the Micky D drive through for coffee?

But the very best thing is that I can ridicule the believers all I want and if it does ever happen the entire internet will be down and they will never get to tell us skeptics "I told you so!", 'cause the web won't work.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 06-04-2016 at 02:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    The thing I love the most about EMP is that the concept is beyond the perception of most of the people that believe in it.

If you have all your crap in a faraday cage you still have no one to talk too because the entire system is going to be down and no one can talk back to you.

It does not matter if your car starts because there is no where to go, because nothing in the affected area works. What you going to do, try to keep going to work and run through the Micky D drive through for coffee?

But the very best thing is that I can ridicule the believers all I want and if it does ever happen the entire internet will be down and they will never get to tell us skeptics "I told you so!", 'cause the web won't work.
    I kinda thought of that as well.....

We tend to be afraid of things we don't understand........

You best prep for a EMP is make sure you have the gear, and knowledge allowing to operate, as you would have 200 years ago......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by Mannlicher View Post
    An m35a2 deuce and a half. Might even be built tough enough to survive the nuclear blast that make the emp in the first place. But it is a bear to push start.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

Park on a hill. My first car was a '52 chevy with no starter. I drove that thing for six months or so. Just never stopped on flat ground.