Thread: New permit

Default New permit

Well, my oldest had a birthday on Monday, and yesterday was able to acquire a driving permit. I am WAY too young for this. I let her drive a little around the neighborhood yesterday. Lets just say it might be a while before we hit a major road. Pray for all the pedestrians and other drivers out there.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Be thankful it is the kids! Last year I took my grandson to get his permit. Talk about feeling freekin' old!

I guess I was lucky, maybe not.

Both of my kids were natural drivers. They took to it like pros the first time they were behind the wheel. Both started driving under supervision at around 12. However, that was off road, mostly in 4wd rigs and battered old pickups on the farm.

By the time they were 16 they had been threading their way down log roads and navigating impossible corners towing log trailers to the point that a driving test was nothing for them.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

This is how kids should be taught when thier young.
    mom taught me&my sis to drive when i was 12 and sis 14,in factory parking lots
    and side streets on weekend nights even brought the neighbor kids up stairs a few times.
    coyotes listen to them, like children of the night what music they make.

My oldest got her permit about a month ago. She has been driving on of my old trucks (manual tranny) since she could reach the pedals decently. The big learning curve for here is judging speeds to do turns, they can be a bit of a rush riding with her!