Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Alone Season 2 on History Channel

If I remember right, all but 4 left because of being the prey instead of the predator. I can't say I blame them... being on the menu brings a different set of possibilities. This second season will have people who had watched the first season and hopefully prepared themselves mentally. That one lady who spent a lot of time in the African bush might have an advantage... if she had to deal with big cats there. Of course, the ones who have lived in Alaska might also have an advantage... if they had to live in the bush and deal with the brownies.... without a side arm.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

I would have to sit down with the bear and the two of us go through the contract. I would try to point out if he isn't getting paid to appear on the show why even bother?

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I watched episode 1 tonight.

It appears that none of the contestants watched last years series, or did not believe what they were seeing.

The guy that was going to wrestle the bears while on his fishing trip tapped out day #1

Seems that two tours in Iraq and one in Afghanistan do not match an afternoon on Vancouver Island.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

After watching episode 1 Still looking for a trained professional!!
    Tracy looked like the closest thing to a professional in episode 1.
    Jose to win ( on his extended launch bios video he explained how he preferred to bring the tools he made himself. That in itself to me gives him a intellectual advantage.)

Yeah, missed that...on again at 11:00, but then again so is "Mysteries at the Museum"...choices, choices.....
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

One of my top picks is already gone...and he was actually talking about wrestling a bear??

No way. Wrestling a bear. C'mon man.

----

Oh wait...apparently that's Desmond White, not Justin Vititoe. Whew! Didn't think I'd be that far off on my prediction attempt.

I gotta get Netflix or something
    Last edited by WalkingTree; 04-22-2016 at 03:03 AM.
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails.

- William Arthur Ward

I figured someone would tap out at the first sight of a bear, I didn't think anyone would tap at the sight of bear scat. My daughter was thinking he was going to tap since they were devoting so much time showing him doing basically nothing.

I think one of the ladies will surprise everyone and make it to the end.
    Still seems to me that some of the sites are way better than the others.
    I liked Justin, but question if he can catch any fish using a hammock.

Jose seems like a top 3 as does David.

Mary seemed to take getting everything wet in stride and move on. Not sure if she had the opening of her shelter pointing uphill letting all the runoff in?

I think Tracy's excess weight could be her biggest advantage, if it doesn't cause her too many issues and get her hurt.

I haven't seen episode 1 yet, only watched the part where they showed what gear they chose. Desmond definitely looked like the weakest. If I only base my judgement on the little bit of film showing what they chose to bring, Jose would be my top pick. When you bring a lot of homemade gear, that generally means you thought it out a long time ago and know how to use it.

I am still rooting for David for the win though.

But, like I said earlier, the predators on the island are what separates them the fastest. Because of the shear number of predators there, they will all probably have an encounter within the first week. If they can stay the first week, they will last a while. After the first week, then it just gets down to how well they can find food. The ones that are finding food consistently and getting fresh water consistently are the ones that will outlast everyone else.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

I just read that season 3 has been given the go ahead by history and that it will be filmed in South America. Filming begins in Patagonia next month. So I am guessing they have already picked he contestants.

I guess they're on a roll. I can see it now...Alone season 49. Your grand children will be watching them. And people will be talking more about which seasons resulted in someone's death than anything else. Then every 5 years or so they'll have the winners of previous seasons going against each other. Cool!

Did somebody say something about a mockingjay?
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails.

- William Arthur Ward

So far the tittle of the show should be Whining ALONE.

Patagonia? Hey, that guy that wants help ransacking Patagonia should sign up.

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...ight=patagonia

The one that tapped out first is not a surprise to me. I did expect him to last longer than 6 hours though. I guess bear poop is a frightening thing to step in.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I'm surprised that none of the contestants seems to have bear experience. The hotshot Firefighter and the gal from Homer, Alaska I would think would, but maybe not. I grew up backpacking, camping and living in or near the Sierras where there are lots of bears. They are fun to watch, very smart and very curious and amazing athletes. I've seen bears running full tilt down a bank, across a road and up a tree without slowing down. I've lived in Tahoe where bears are experts at getting into cars and opening ice chests to get food. And strong--I've seen a bear shove a big, bear proof dumpster several feet out into the middle of a street like it was nothing.

It's a tough environment that they are in. If you can't stay warm and dry then you're in trouble.

I love the show, but really; leaving before the first night because of bear scat? If you are going to talk the talk regarding predators during your' introduction; Walk the walk please. Can't wait for the next episode!

I'm sure some of the senior members here might be aware of Mac's Youtube channel but for any newer members he's got almost 140 videos uploaded, about half are in Portuguese but he does a very good job at engaging the views and explaining what he's doing and why.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Colhane

cheers

He's a member here.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

His user name is Pict on here and he has a LOT of great posts.

I hear an echo....echo...echo echo........LOL
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Makery and Mischief

Ya if your that scared of bears spend the first night on the beach with a big fire. And sleep during the day. At least for a couple days so you dont look like such a wimp. And have you noticed that when the people say i can " i dont think i can do this " tap out very soon after.