Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Alone Season 2 on History Channel

None of the crabs they caught were dungeness crabs. I thought it odd they kept proclaiming them to be. To be honest, I don't know what they are. I've seen crab that look very much like them but never that size. Tanner crab are close, but the claws are different and tanner are much larger.

I'm confused.

Found it, but I've never seen one in the wild, which I find odd.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

I'm very happy for Justin. He left on good terms and I think he has become a wiser person. I hope he has a great life ahead. The rest seems to be doing well. Everyone is making progress and catching food. Competition is getting tougher and anyone of them can win this. Looks like this season is going the distance. Can't wait to see how the remainder contestants deal with winter weather.

That, my friend, is an alien. I am certain I've seen that on Predator, The Blob or some show.

Quote Originally Posted by kaze View Post
    I'm very happy for Justin. He left on good terms and I think he has become a wiser person. I hope he has a great life ahead. The rest seems to be doing well. Everyone is making progress and catching food. Competition is getting tougher and anyone of them can win this. Looks like this season is going the distance. Can't wait to see how the remainder contestants deal with winter weather.
    I think he had the mind set of "good enough" while many of the others are striving to make things better.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    That, my friend, is an alien. I am certain I've seen that on Predator, The Blob or some show.
    LOL, those were my first thought too. Maybe the shape of an alien ship, without the claws. Sort of has the body shape of a horseshoe crab too, but backwards

Justin's soliloquy in front of the camera about accomplishing all that he intended had/has me puzzled. If that was your goal in coming on the show, why come on? If that is true, then maybe he came onto the show under false pretenses? To me there was nothing noble or leaving on good terms. He couldn't hack it and he tapped. As long as he is at peace with that, that is all that really matters.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Justin could not cope with not having someone there to tell him how great he is, or a superior officer there to keep him on track and focused.

Ya see, if you whistle the National Anthem while you do something that makes it OK. I was waiting for jets to fly overhead in formation there for a second
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Justin's soliloquy in front of the camera about accomplishing all that he intended had/has me puzzled. If that was your goal in coming on the show, why come on? If that is true, then maybe he came onto the show under false pretenses? To me there was nothing noble or leaving on good terms. He couldn't hack it and he tapped. As long as he is at peace with that, that is all that really matters.
    That's kinda what I was thinking. In the first week out there, you'd best search your soul and decide if you want to win or not. If not, leave that first week (or when you meet your weight loss goals LOL).

He was bored and working out? How the hell are you bored and starving at the same time? What a weird guy.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

Well...Justin dies of plain old boredom.

Let's spin it two times for Larry:

The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails.

- William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    None of the crabs they caught were dungeness crabs. I thought it odd they kept proclaiming them to be. To be honest, I don't know what they are. I've seen crab that look very much like them but never that size. Tanner crab are close, but the claws are different and tanner are much larger.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    You are spot on.....obviously not from the PNW

Well, it looks like Nicole's luck has finally ran out. I hope she will adapt and try to catch fish with her fishing lines and hooks like Dave is doing.

I'm glad Jose finally decides to fish from his bay instead of chasing those salmons. With all those seagulls around I'm surprise he didn't try to make a bird trap and catch them too.

David is doing really well despite falling into the water. He has figure out how to fish from his shore and I think he will go the distance. What a turn around for him.

Larry is breaking down. I'll be surprise if he makes it pass the next episode.

Yeah, Nichole is going to learn why people pack food away for the winter.

Larry is taping next.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Larry better tap out quickly or he is not going to remember the phone number for 911. His last brain cell is on life support.

Him making it to day 50 just shows that any fool can make it for two months.

In the real world Nichole would have eaten the seals, just like the bears. She would have moved her net closer to shore and used it as bait to harpoon them from a blind.

These people are all being constrained from real world survival by the rules.

Just what I was thinking - eat the darned seal. 'Cept I figured they're not allowed to.

I'd already thought of laying some loose stones onto my fish, so they won't flop away or get taken so easily by an unpatriotic eagle like from David - would at least take a few more moments during which I'd catch that eagle red-clawed.
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails.

- William Arthur Ward

Don't know if anyone noticed but when Dave fell in the water he lost his heavy monofilament line.

Since he has been totally dependent on line fishing his tap out clock might now be ticking.

I think if I was about to lose my only life support line I might just dive in and get it back if I was wet anyway!

Did he get into the sleeping bag with all his wet clothes on?

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Don't know if anyone noticed but when Dave fell in the water he lost his heavy monofilament line.

Since he has been totally dependent on line fishing his tap out clock might now be ticking.

I think if I was about to lose my only life support line I might just dive in and get it back if I was wet anyway!

He most likely will be able to find the line at low tide unless it hooks a fish, then he is screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post

I assume Dave has more fishing lines than that. He lost the 100lb test lines (not sure if that was all of it), but he still has the 50lb test lines. So he should be fine.

David found his niche for a while. It is as if he lost his home and retirement for now. It could be depressing, but his attitude has been pretty good so far in the face of not having much. Perhaps, as Grizz said, low tide will help him. If he still needs to go into the water, he will need a fire very close to him. Warm for 15 minutes and go in for thirty seconds. It's easy. Without it the cold water can make a sissy out of you pretty quick as he experienced when he wanted to go in for the line. His knowledge is limited, his determanation is pretty decent and we will see what happens.
    Jose missed the mother load when he missed the salmon run. He is slow, steady and resourceful. Nicole has never been tested. Larry is....I guess Kayrat already said it.
    They have all ignored the great abundance of minnows and crayfish in the fresh water streams. I've never trapped minnows in what appears to be October there. When the fishing stops being very good nobody buys minnows, but there may still be pike and trout. But the ocean, from what I've seen on television keeps on producing.
    Without being able to kill the bears or the seals or having missed the salmon run it would be a tough winter.

It appears that next week Jose is going to eat the mussels despite the warning about red tide.

I did a google of that particular situation and it appears that the red tide concentrates botulism virus in the filtering shellfish.

I am sure he will try to boil the mussels to kill the poison but botulism is the reason we use pressure cookers to can food. You have to get the virus above the normal boiling point to kill it.

I suppose we will see how that works out. We will know when his lips start going numb and paralysis sits in!

Jose has the skills and ability to be the winner, but if he poisons himself it will be up to Nicole and Dave to do the deed.

That is unless Larry is the last man to leave because he goes completely bonkers, forgets to call for a tap out, and goes running naked through the woods and they finally have to chase him down with a net!

At that point we will learn why Vancouver Island has more bigfoot sightings than any other place in the world. Bigfoot is really people that went insane on the Alone filming and the crew never found them for the trip back home.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 07-02-2016 at 01:38 AM.

Since we are down to the last 4 contestants, let's make our prediction on the winner. Who's your pick to win this contest base on what we have seen so far?

I think Larry has mentally check out, so don't think he'll win.
    Nicole seems to be struggling now and getting weaker by the day. Once the cold weather comes, I don't see her enduring so she'll tap.
    Jose has a lot of knowledge but seems like he's not focus. I think he wasted a lot of time on building that boat. The time he spent on building that boat he could have use it to build fish traps. I think Kyra might be right, Jose could potentially poison himself by eating those muscles and tap out.
    So my pick to win this is David. He has figure out how to fish and catch crabs from his location and that will help him outlast the other contestants.