Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Plans for an Off-grid paradise in South America, plenty of land, people needed.

Lightbulb Plans for an Off-grid paradise in South America, plenty of land, people needed.

I’ve been exploring the Patagonia region for three years now. Kayaking, hiking, you name it.

There’s plenty of uncharted and unsupervised land out there, that's no news. The problem with all of them is the same. Settling in protected areas is illegal. Not in the going-to-prison sense, but in the kick-you-out one. And in Argentina, it is very worth it to play with those odds. So you make your list of favourite spots based on this, and that's why I did. Sites close enough to civilization that bringing stuff in and out doesn't set off any alarms, and far enough that you won't ruin your cover by the smoke coming from your fireplace or the sound of your rooster.

Here’s the secret: The reason so many sites are uncharted and thus unprotected, is reaching them is almost imposible. Patagonia forests are convered by this invasive species called Chusquea culeou, making it harder to make three steps without finding yourself trapped between walls of bamboos.

Being a third world country, rangers aren’t paid enough, nor there isn’t enough of them to cover the huge protected area Argentina has, even less to make their way through this crowded vegetation that grows down south.

There’s practically unlimited land to be gained over there. But in order to transform it, plenty of effort needs to be put into it. Getting rid of that bamboo and fallen trees requires massive ammount of work, I can’t overstate this enough!

This is part of the reason I’m here. Given how amazing I think this experience will be, I would love to share it with like minded people. I’m here to offer myself for guidance and as a partner in crime to create our own personal little paradise.

I’m an experienced gardener, I have all the crops and plantations planned out. Of course almost nothing can be sow until a few acres of forest have been cleared. I have made several cabins throughout my whole life and I’m currently researching and reading everyday to improve on this craft.

I’m also an argentinian national and know perfectly how to get around everywhere without getting into trouble. I’m 29 years old, above all things I’m an idealist, and intellectual, and due to high moral principles is that I can’t be a part of this corrupted society anymore.

---

Ideally I would like to start only with a few people, any plans for a larger community will have to wait until some space is created. Not all tasks in camp will require intense physical exertion, though being fit and trained is a must to live for longer periods of time in the wild.

Plans are for the summer of 2016, south hemisphere summer. Using the long, warm and dry days we should be able to have a few cabins built and a few acres of land cleared by autumn, just in time to sow our first crop of wheat and winter rye. Not to mention all the vegetables that can be grown during summer. The rest of supplies will have to come from the city. Anyone interested should join with a budget to cover air travel, supplies for at least a few years until total self reliance can be achieved, expenses for tools.. etc.

Above anything else, I'm looking for open minded, tolerant, peaceful, and optimistic people. This is not an escape plan from society, this is a plan to create something different.
    This is not a romantic endeavour either, nor a hippie loving take on life. This is serious work and will to create our own order from scratch.

Willing to discuss any further ideas, suggestions and answer questions.
    Last edited by crashdive123; 06-13-2016 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Restored original post

So, you want people to work for you clearing land, which is on protected land in Patagonia? What you are doing is illegal, by your own admission, and yet you claim to have high moral principles?! Seriously? It's sounds to me like the only moral principles you have are the ones that benefit you. Yeah, let me jump on your offer.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Is this place named Jonestown by any chance?

Are copious amounts of kool-aid on the supply list?
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Bohahahaha...Like minded people.....Yeah right...
    You are looking for slaves with money for your benefit.
    Good luck with that.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Included in the rambling I sense a theme that you intend to be the self appointed leader of this group.

I can see a tribal council meeting looming in the future and a torch being extinguished.

What happens when they vote you off the homestead?
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Bwahahahhaa. But guys, he's a Argentinian national...
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

I think homeboy came to the wrong place to post his spiel.
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails.

- William Arthur Ward

How can you possibly say you want to violate the law and get away from this corrupt society and keep a straight face?

Quote Originally Posted by 1stimestar View Post
    Bwahahahhaa. But guys, he's a Argentinian national...
    From Belgium....?????
    Yeah sure.

I think he meant to make his post on this forum. https://www.theidiotboard.com/
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

And it has members (shaking head in disbelief).

I am entirely too sober to grasp this line of reasoning. I might have a few later, if that's the case I'll cycle back and see what I think then. for the moment, though, I'll pass.

Well, AT....It's like this...
    Just checked with DW, says it would be OK when the 20 million I have coming for the Liberian Prince that is gonna put in my Pay Pal Account......

Well, actually she said it more like ....."FINE, Do what ever you want....but don't expect any of your stuff to be here when you get back....IF you get back".......
    So you gotta go on with out me....For now.

Plantations? Gonna hide those from fly overs?
    Not to mention Argentina has possibly the highest crime rate on the planet.
    They won't ''kick you out.'' They'll probably shoot you.
    They'll shoot you if they are government rangers thinking you are in the drug trade,
    and they'll shoot you if they are in the drug trade and they see you in their territory.
    I'm pretty sure you'd not want to experience one of their jails either.

A bunch of gringos won't stand out in a crowd at a market in small town in southern Argentina. Oh. No. Not at all.

Have fun! Sorry I have to miss it.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

its been done before.
    “There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Ooh. Here's a thought. There are a bunch of folks running around the country as we speak that are looking for a permanent home for the next 4 years. Why don't you round them ALL up and take them with you. You'll probably hear, "You're fired," a lot but just ignore that.

It would probably be easier to charge people $2000 each which would include flights and food and call it a jungle survival school. Gain permission to use the jungle by explaining that you are promoting tourism. Give them a certificate when they are done to show to their friends that proves that they are experts and both trained and vetted. I'm sure they would be excited to learn how to build jungle dwellings, dig wells collect firewood or whatever else you could think of. You could cover what ever jungle survival subjects that you felt they would be interested in.

Ah, the dream of Utopia never dies, does it? Seems it's always "just down the road apiece."

S.M.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to gain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790),U.S. statesman, scientist, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Ooh, ooh, here's another idea. You have all those refugee folks filling up Europe. Get a handful of them and head on down. They are experienced hikers. They understand how to do without. AND here's the big plus. They are looking for land too. That would be a win, win, win, win, win....win situation (depends on how many refugees you take as to how many wins you'll have). The more the merrier I say.

Guidance and a partner in crime, sounds like a politician