Thread: Aero Survival Rifle Multi-Caliber Package

Default Aero Survival Rifle Multi-Caliber Package

http://www.tnwfirearms.com/product-p...-xxxx-xxxx.htm i don't post often usually just read and try to learn i found this while doing some research just wonder if any one has any thoughts or experience with them? Thank you

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk

In my wonderful city of Chicago there are very few places to shoot an ar 15 so this looked like a good option

At $1299 for the rifle, a person will need to run off to the wilderness in order to escape the bill collectors and the court orders

Well if it were a 12 ga, .308, and .22 maybe......but I question the need for all pistol calibers.....so I guessing they are planning on scrounging ammo?
    And kinda spendy.....
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

They have a kit for 22 lr 10mm and 357 all i could find for 9mm ar styled rifles were between 700 and a 1000 for just the 9mm version im not sure if i like the kel tec sub 2000 yet but there hard to find

As far as pistol calibers i currently have a ruger sr9c and sr 22 so ammo would be easier to stock and use with this rifle and what i have plus I'm looking at a glock in .40 which would add a third caliber

Then I would say you seem set on this......so go for it.
    Remember 9mm a rifle configuration will add a little bit of velocity, but still a pistol caliber....as are the other calibers.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

As hunter said, a pistol round in a longer barrel is still just a pistol round. Nothing wrong with them, per se, but if you are looking for a practical long arm for prepping purposes then I would go with a rifle caliber. That is just my opinion though.
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

There are plenty of pistol cartridges/loadings that perform appreciably better from a carbine barrel. Even where they may hypothetically have identical ballistics a carbine is a separate role that a pistol caliber can sometimes fill just fine. 9x19 is generally one of them. If they could knock at least $500 off of the MSRP this platform would look quite attractive.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

I could edit that and rearrange the grammar to better express my meaning but rather than edit my post I presume some of you will be perfectly capable of knowing what I mean. I'll clarify when I don't have to work in the morning as needed.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

If you're just looking for a carbine in a pistol caliber (I know you have Chicago concerns, but don't know their restrictions) there may be better options at more affordable prices. I love my Beretta CS4 Storm. I have the 9mm version, but it can be had in 40 as well. http://www.beretta.com/en-us/cx4-storm/
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Thanks for all the info guys we are restricted to 10 round mags here and only have 1 indoor range that allows rifle calibers so i was thinking I'd shoot the pistol caliber a lot more my regular range is right down the street

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I have an inherent problem with basing my self defense and survival needs on the capabilities of the closest shooting range!

This is flawed logic in and of itself.

You are picking the gun for the range and not the gun for the job.

You can buy an AR in whatever caliber you desire and a .22lr AR platform, or adaptor, for use in the inadequate range cheaper than the gimmick gun listed. This is why they make .22lr AR adaptors and units.

In actuality, the 9mm carbine, or any pistol caliber carbine, is so restricted in value, that while it was widely use in WW2, the military of every nation replaced them with some form of assault rifle and restrict the issue of 9mm carbine type weapons to special units.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 04-11-2016 at 10:12 AM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

The one caveat that a .9mm self defense carbine would have in civilian life over something like the MP40 is the use of soft point ammunition. Although the Hague Convention ruled against it there is nothing that stops us from using it. And a hollow point is much preferable over ball ammo in a self defense crisis. My little PF9 filled with hollow points (I know you carry one too) is okay by me. So's my sub 2000 or my Highpoint carbine in a pinch. Are there better rifle calibers? Yes. Will the .9mm work? Yes.

I do believe you are more than correct on choosing the weapon for the job, however. And I'm not certain why I would want to pay that kind of money for a carbine with calibers so similar.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

There is an old saying; "You use your pistol to fight your way to your rifle".

Well why use a pistol to fight your way to a rifle, in the same caliber as the pistol? There is no working logic there for me.

And in turn, the military establishments of almost every nation have removed pistols from the hands of the combat troops at ground level. So the existence of a pistol round on the battle field, be that an urban setting, forest or open desert, is now an unusual occurrence.

Pistol shooting and pistol caliber carbines are now the domain of the civilian who gets himself caught in the situation of requiring armed self defense.

Do they work?

Of course they will work, because we make them work, not because they are the best tool for the job.

And then again, you will not see me toting an AK through Kroger!

I will rely on my P3at to fight my way back to the green bean isle where I will hide among the beans and rice and attempt to draw the bad guys attention away from the twinkies.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 04-11-2016 at 11:18 AM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

nary a more solid plan has there ever been hatched! the first part of genius is having a plan.

The Keweenaw Peninsula of upper Michigan, about the middle of the south shore of Lake Superior

Just today I finally picked up a KEL TEC Sub 2000 in 9mm, that I had on order for over a year. It uses the Glock magazines and I bought two Pro Mag 32 round mags, in addition to the 15 round mag that came with the gun. Now, if the weather would just warm up, so I can go shoot it! A battle rifle might make a better home defense, bug out rifle, considrering how remote it is up here on Lake Superior. However, I can at least get the Sub 2000 to my shoulder, which I can not do with my other long arms.
    Geezer Squad #2

Thank you again guys all very good points i guess I'll go with the original plan and order the ruger ar i was looking at

The Keweenaw Peninsula of upper Michigan, about the middle of the south shore of Lake Superior

Well, I have decided to install a green NC Star laser on the bottom rail of my sub 2000. I am still having difficulty raising the gun to my shoulder. I am hoping my reverse shoulder replacement surgery next month will fix that problem. After thinking about it for a while, I have decided to try +P ammunition, specifically Hornady Critical Duty 135 gr loads. If these prove sufficiently accurate in my sub 2000, they will my standard load out for the sub 2000.
    Rick; a question, What ammo do you favor in your sub 2000?
    Geezer Squad #2

Truthfully, whatever is cheap. I've run a lot of Brown Bear through it. It's not cranky about what I feed it.