Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wilderness toilet paper and pooping in the woods

In a survival situation this could be a life or death situation if you decide to stay in one place.
    So no matter how you clean yourself make sure it's away from water and do make sure you clean yourself as not only can it make you sick it can give you nasty sores as well. And don't go wash your feces hands in your water source. If you're going to do that. Try to make like a little water hole away from the water source before your dump. But honestly I like the sand/dirt idea.

Personally the only time I have pooed in the wild without wipes was in the middle of the desert so I just used some rocks. It didn't touch my hands and I was able to just throw them far away. - Just make sure you don't scratch yourself. (and if you're sticking around I wouldn't throw them, but if you're traveling I guess it wouldn't matter to you.) But whether you care or not always void allowing any bodily fluids to go into the water. (this includes urinating when swimming)
    Last edited by ForsakenRecluse; 09-23-2016 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Fixed typo

I'm not much into flinging poop laden rocks. If you are going to be staying in one location wouldn't you establish a latrine? Have you thought though that sand idea? Can't say I like the idea of sandpaper on my cute little tushy.

Not into throw poopy rocks either.......rather bury my little load along but off the trail.....and use a cigarette paper.
    Fold in half, then fold in half the other way.......now you have a folded envelope...where the 4 side come together, tear off the corner, but save it.....
    To use...... stick finger thru the little hole in the middle, then use your finger to clean your butt.....next use the paper to wipe off finger.
    Now use that corner you saved to clean out your fingernail...
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by ForsakenRecluse View Post
    But whether you care or not always void allowing any bodily fluids to go into the water. (this includes urinating when swimming)
    Not much effort put into that in the areas I camp. Messic pineland is as dry as you get. And in the summer that is wet. Just swamp.

Here is a video I shot in someone elses camp two weeks ago. If you look at the swimming hole the water from Lake Okeechobee flows south through here. The over flow culverts over flow to the south. If you look at my brother Sean he is right up against the culverts. That is where folks ask you to pee if your going to pee in the water. It just flows down stream to the next camp.

The way they figure it, there is a alligator, turtle, fish, otter, deer , hog or what have you just in them yellow spadurdock lilly pads to the right. Just doing his or her business without regard.

BTW, in this video is Sean who most here have seen many pictures, then in the chair is my older brother just moved back from Colorado. This is my first camping trip with him in decades. Then my sister's husband in the camo shorts and then the bearded Abner. Finally my big sister.

https://youtu.be/HTLzISbusVM

It is great having most of my siblings back out in the woods with us. We camped at least once a month back when we were young.

Though each of us has a different way of doing our business in the woods. Some go back in the palmettos and leave surface piles of paper and poo. I take a shovel and dig a hole and back fill. I always have TP. I have used leaves and grasses. But, it is just too easy to pack TP and I always have a pack of some sort. Plus tp in the truck, UTV, ATV and all packs.

Oh. Oh my. Get...out...of...the...WATER!!!!!!!!!! What is wrong with you people??? Don't you know there are alligator, turtle, fish, otter, deer , hog or what have you just in them yellow spadurdock lilly pads to the right?!!!!!!

Never poop on an electric fence, it's a gut wrenching experience!

Makery and Mischief

o man do i have some stuff to say on this subject but i cant say much without giving away any show spoilers from my alone Patagonia adventure. There is oldmans beard (Spanish moss) in Patagonia and that works. You just have to be shur to grab the fresh stuff otherwise it's it kind of a pain in the butt

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Not into throw poopy rocks either.......rather bury my little load along but off the trail.....and use a cigarette paper.
    Fold in half, then fold in half the other way.......now you have a folded envelope...where the 4 side come together, tear off the corner, but save it.....
    To use...... stick finger thru the little hole in the middle, then use your finger to clean your butt.....next use the paper to wipe off finger.
    Now use that corner you saved to clean out your fingernail.
    I've got to ax...is this for real? (Is there a video?)
    Not only would I not want to touch anything, but cleaning a fingernail afterwards?!

Remind me to excuse hunter63 from cooking duties.

A video? Seriously? I demand a disclosure statement before posting!!

There is a video. I think the same person that is in the picture that we will not speak of stars in it. He might be wearing a different colored hong though.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    I've got to ax...is this for real? (Is there a video?)
    Not only would I not want to touch anything, but cleaning a fingernail afterwards?!

Remind me to excuse hunter63 from cooking duties.
    Yeah....works every time.....
    The cigarette method was relegated to me by MF....referencing his bomber crew in WWII......and was known to pull my leg a tad....as most of my relatives did/do....

Then we get to changing underwear methods....while on long wilderness trips with the group.
    Last edited by hunter63; 12-02-2016 at 03:15 PM.

That's the dirt and sand method......
    "Oh Look, Skippy learned a new trick!

I went hunting with a guy a few times that would always forget the TP, so he would use his sock...and toss it afterwards. This left him hunting with only one sock, unless he had to go again...
    There ain't too many problems you can't fix with $500 or a 30-06.

Him-"Whats the best knife for survival?"
    Me-"the one that's in your pocket."
    Him-"I don't have one in my pocket."
    Me-"Exactly."

Oh man. I'm not sure what is worse. Your butt smelling like feet or your feet smelling like butt. Either way that would be a show stopper on a date I'm pretty sure.

Quote Originally Posted by alaskabushman View Post
    I went hunting with a guy a few times that would always forget the TP, so he would use his sock...and toss it afterwards. This left him hunting with only one sock, unless he had to go again...
    The reason you wear those... long, tall/hunting socks.....just cut a piece off the top for a-wipe.....so you kinda whittle them down slow like....
    You have 2 socks (well most people do) so you should be able make it a few days..... anyway

If you're gonna be like that, just wear diapers.

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    If you're gonna be like that, just wear diapers.
    Well...... That depends.....

The pitch...... is right there in the zone....here is the swing, .......CRACK.....It going, going ...GONE~!
    That was too easy.......Bhohahaha

I saw what you did there.

I am shocked , three pages on how to or how not to poop in the woods !!!! This is just a ****ty subject .