Thread: Stalking the Urban Buffalo...FYI

Default Stalking the Urban Buffalo...FYI

Just an FYI

Stalking the Urban Buffalo.....or keep your eyes and mind open for leather or any forage-able materials at all times.

Retuning home this morning, saw this leather couch on the curb, but alas had already been "gutted" and the vultures have started picking at the carcass...cushions gone and hide already being destroyed.....

I have made a lot of crafts, bags and other leather projects from "urban buffalo' hide.....A little luck and you can find real leather, rather than the common hide of the Nauga (naugahyde)....but you need to act fast...as is seen.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Yep, they field dressed that one and just left you the gut pile!

I was at the thrift store the other day and tried to bargain with the manager over a leather chair. She informed me that they did not bargain on goods or reduce prices in any way, it was against store policy!

My reply was to ask her how much investment she had in the donated items.

They have cancelled my membership at the Good Will.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Just be careful of bedbugs. They've been known to inhabit urban buffalo and abandoned mistresses (or is that matresses?).
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Yes the bugs...

Sometimes it is better to skin them out on the spot than take them home whole.

Guess it partly depends on the neighborhood.

I can imagine Hunter on here trying to find out how to rid his pickup of a bed bug infestation.

There's also the thing where if we could afford to, or were allowed to, even think about a mistress we would not be stalking the urban buffalo.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 03-29-2016 at 11:43 AM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

When my wife and I first set up house there would have been nothing in it had it not been for urban buffalo and "for free" ads. Couch and chair covers can transform anything into something...well, not beautiful, but in that silk cover sow's ear thing.

As with any kind of hunting.....
    There is always the element of danger, and adventure.
    Skinning one out on the spot is always the preferred method......bit you need to be aware you have to find,... and fight off those "Younger people" that depend on curb finds for furnishings...

Then there are the couch huggers (couch potatoes?) that don't like all the gore of a skinned out carcass on their front lawn....but would prefer a complete removal (the reason it was put there in the first place).......
    This results in having to get rid of the carcass yourself.......and have to say in the past, has resulted in a lot of "excelsior"..shredded wood, (make good tinder)....but horse hair does not .
    Mostly foam these days, real PITA.

So the fast show up....skin-out and go....Run away when confronted...is a little slower these days.........Geezer shuffle.....as in: Home owner, "Hey, You Kids...Oh... I mean,...Hey you old guy????.... What in the heck do you think you are doing....?...Hey, quit shuffling and get back here!"

Guess I never ran into bugs, but that would be a concern.....
    Did have a bunch of tic's dropping off a dead deer, in the back of the truck, a couple of times....but I can wash the back of the truck, at the car wash with the high pressure hose.

Just goes to show you adventure is where you find it.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27