Thread: 20ga. Muzzleloader

Default 20ga. Muzzleloader

We rented a table at an Outdoorsman Yardsale this past weekend that was run by one of the local clubs. Saw it as a good opportunity to get rid of some excess camping, hunting and fishing gear. We sold a pile of stuff but spotted this little guy on another table and couldn't resist. Nothing high end, Spanish, made by AMR, date code puts it at 1975. Gotta play with it at the range this summer and if all goes well maybe some field time this fall.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Should be fun.....How is the bore?
    Had a 12 ga for while but a neighborhood kid wanted it more so I traded it away.....
    Track of the Wolf has bags of cardboard wads and felt over wads for those....and all the other stuff.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Nice find......and selling some surplus stuff to finance it is always a bonus.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Very nice!
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

The bores are in great shape. Overall condition of the gun is very good. It looks like it seen very little use over the last 40 years.

Most people bought them, shot them a couple of times.....figured it was a PITA and put it away....
    That why I asked about the bore
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

You're right. I've been shooting traditional style muzzleloaders for around 25 years now (hence my forum name)and have seen a lot of changes. Not many of us "traditionalists" who just shoot for fun and nostalgia left. When I started into the sport the gun racks in the muzzleloading section of my local shops contained about 90% trad style guns and 10% modern in-lines. Now that's completely flipped with a lot of shops only carrying modern in-line guns.I get it, most are hunters who want center fire rifle performance in shotgun/muzzleloader deer seasons. I just find the older I get the more I get stuck in the old ways. I still take my TC Hawken .54 cal out for deer and if I can get this new 20ga.shooting the way I want it'll see some grouse and bunny time this fall. :-)